How did this happen?

Jaggrey

How can this happen?  This is in a non-4g area.  Usually I can pick up 4g if I'm on a high enough floor in a building, but this was in a ground level outdoor parking lot.

post-1904-0-55566300-1371224821_thumb.png

Edited by Jaggrey

How can this happen?  This is in a non-4g area.  Usually I can pick up 4g if I'm on a high enough floor in a building, but this was in a ground level outdoor parking lot.

Wow, I work literally two minutes North East of you, on Miracle Mile. Anyway, 4G has actually been working pretty well near Coral Gables. Everyday on my drive back home, I take LeJeune south and then head west on Ponce de Leon, and I have 4G the whole time. I wouldn't doubt if by the school they finally started deploying it fully as well. Also one more thing, in my office I get 4G now too.

-Luis

It was a glitch.  You were not connected to LTE; you were connected to EV-DO, as SignalCheck clearly indicates.  The EVO LTE cannot connect to LTE and EV-DO simultaneous because both share the same RF path.

AJ

It was a glitch.  You were not connected to LTE; you were connected to EV-DO, as SignalCheck clearly indicates.  The EVO LTE cannot connect to LTE and EV-DO simultaneous because both share the same RF path.

AJ

I've actually seen this happen, but when it happens to me the phone connects to 4G a second after, but both bars will show signal strength.... Would it have anything to do with the phone switching to LTE?

-Luis

I've seen this a couple of times as well when I loose lose 4G. When you have this happen to you again, pull up the debug and you can still see it reporting an RSRP value, but you are not actually connected to LTE. Eventually it will go away.

I've seen this a couple of times as well when I loose lose 4G. When you have this happen to you again, pull up the debug and you can still see it reporting an RSRP value, but you are not actually connected to LTE. Eventually it will go away.

Same here as well, happened to me a few times.

Ahh ok that's interesting.  I figured the phone was trying to connect to it or something and that's why I was seeing it.

And Monday, my phone will connect to LTE if I'm one floor higher than where my office is.  Go figure!  It's probably connecting to one of the towers in the distance (probably in your area) that have LTE.  Hopefully they deploy on campus soon.