Comments related to the NV Running List Thread

I noticed that NY/LA are now round two networks, it that on accident? I thought I remember them being considered round 1 markets.

I know sprint said 10 markets by mid year, but I assumed that they were keeping expectations low, so they could wow when they released more markets than expected.

I noticed that NY/LA are now round two networks, it that on accident? I thought I remember them being considered round 1 markets.

I know sprint said 10 markets by mid year, but I assumed that they were keeping expectations low, so they could wow when they released more markets than expected.

I never recall ever seeing that New York and LA were going to be in the first round deployments...from Sprint or S4GRU.com. And even if they were, they are so large, they wouldn't be ready by mid year anyway.

- Robert

I never recall ever seeing that New York and LA were going to be in the first round deployments...from Sprint or S4GRU.com. And even if they were, they are so large, they wouldn't be ready by mid year anyway.

- Robert

Thanks for clearing it up. I must have had a brain fart and just assumed with them being larger markets that they were 1st round markets.

Thanks for clearing it up. I must have had a brain fart and just assumed with them being larger markets that they were 1st round markets.

No problem. It would make sense for them to be. In an interview I had with an A/L subcontractor recently, I have confirmed that some FIT testing is occurring in both LA and NYC by Alcatel/Lucent. I am working on an article about that interview right now. Stay tuned.

• Like 2

I was just thinking the rollout tonight. I am not trying to be pessimistic, but it is mid-March. If Sprint is trying to bring NV to all their towers by then end of 2013, then they really have to start rolling it out. They have given no updates, which for a project of this magnitude is not very reassuring, especially for investors. They should be releasing some information on how the Texas projects are coming along. They have 97 markets to complete before the end of 2013, which is 22 months away. That means each month, in order to hit this target, they need to complete 4.4 markets. I really do not see this happening in any of the markets. While contractors will be working simultaneously in these markets, many markets (especially large cities), will more than a few months. I just have not figured out how this will roll out quickly. If they can, then it will be a true success. Regardless, I am very excited for the future of this network, as they are pulling out all stops to improve their product. I still love the value we get from Sprint.

I think it would be amazing if Sprint reached thier goal of starting all markets by end of 2013. And I really hope they reach that goal.

But as much as I want to see it happen. Something always comes up to delay huge projects. Lack of funds, cost overruns, lack of manpower, part shipping delays, even weather.

I wish them a lot of luck.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

I was just thinking the rollout tonight. I am not trying to be pessimistic, but it is mid-March. If Sprint is trying to bring NV to all their towers by then end of 2013, then they really have to start rolling it out. They have given no updates, which for a project of this magnitude is not very reassuring, especially for investors. They should be releasing some information on how the Texas projects are coming along. They have 97 markets to complete before the end of 2013, which is 22 months away. That means each month, in order to hit this target, they need to complete 4.4 markets. I really do not see this happening in any of the markets. While contractors will be working simultaneously in these markets, many markets (especially large cities), will more than a few months. I just have not figured out how this will roll out quickly. If they can, then it will be a true success. Regardless, I am very excited for the future of this network, as they are pulling out all stops to improve their product. I still love the value we get from Sprint.

Justin, it appears that Sprint is sneaking around and rolling out Network Vision ahead of schedule and trying to keep it on the down low. So the goal of complete rollout by the end of 2013 could happen.

• Like 2

Thats great news, nice little surprise there!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Now, will you please stop being so negative all the time!! (No offence.. I like ya.. just sayin. ;) )

• Like 2

Now, will you please stop being so negative all the time!! (No offence.. I like ya.. just sayin. ;) )

yea. sorry just the frustration of the wife begging me to port everyday getting to me. I'll shut up. :P

• Like 3

New Orleans...Yeaa boi.....

I'm disappointed that I missed last night's chat. Thanks for the news Robert!

I too was bummed that none of our LA regulars were in the chat for the NOLA announcement. Only digiblur was there. :(

Hello' date='

I am new here and just found your site. So far I love it. Any clues to when the St. Louis Market may start?[/quote']

St. Louis is in Sprint's Missouri market. I'm not ready to announce that market yet. Stay tuned!

Posted via Forum Runner

Seeing your article on central Jersey, I was hoping the next announcement would be for closer to there. Oh, well.

Any idea if Sprint plans roll out the Philadelphia Metro area, as one large market or break it down into smaller markets (ie. PA, NJ, DE, MD)?

Seeing your article on central Jersey, I was hoping the next announcement would be for closer to there. Oh, well.

Any idea if Sprint plans roll out the Philadelphia Metro area, as one large market or break it down into smaller markets (ie. PA, NJ, DE, MD)?

We will be discussing PHL market details before you know it! ;)

Robert,

In your most recent article it sounded like you were pretty confident that sprint would be rolling out 5x5 800MHz LTE in urban or capacity constrained areas + 1xAdvanced everywhere. You also mentioned that there will be a 20% improvement in coverage. Is that just a result of new equipment and RRUs @ 1900Mhz?

Is that confirmed?

Also, can you shed some more light on 1xAdvanced? With current 1x, data speeds are limited to about 144k/sec or so... what are the capabilities of 1xAdvanced from a coverage and data speed standpoint? I know that the qualcomm marketing material always says "4x the capacity or 4x the coverage" but what is sprint expected to do and how will that effect coverage?

Glad you are getting in-depth on this stuff, it's super interesting. I (and I am sure many others) appreciate all the hard work and time you've put into this.

• Like 1

Is there any info on Arizona at all? I dont even see the point of asking sprint any more because they always say the same damn thing. When i signed the contract.. "Oh, i really want this evo 4G! It looks really cool!" "Alright lets get all the paperwork up and get you on your way." "Sounds good, also when will there be 4G in Tucson?" "Its coming very soon." 6 months later.. "Hey i was told that we were getting 4G soon when i signed up, what gives?" "Oh, we are working on getting it working and will be up very soon." Sorry, just bummed. I Left verizon because it was getting expensive and they were getting rid of their unlimited data plans. Now they have 4G as well as T-Mobile, and AT&T in my area. I feel that i picked wrong. :(