Comments related to the NV Running List Thread

For the size of the South Bend market, I think you will be quite happy about its location in deployment schedule. Stay tuned.

We do get very nice 3G speeds but 1 WiMax tower was depressing. I'll take anything at this point lol. Still love this site. Had a Sprint employee try telling Sprint had three LTE towers in South Bend already they just weren't turned on. Needless to say I laughed.

Sent from my EVO 4G via Tapatalk

We do get very nice 3G speeds but 1 WiMax tower was depressing. I'll take anything at this point lol. Still love this site. Had a Sprint employee try telling Sprint had three LTE towers in South Bend already they just weren't turned on. Needless to say I laughed.

Where do they come up with this stuff??? Do they just make it up hoping to get people excited about Sprint and quickly run out and buy a new LTE phone when they arrive?

*sigh*

A guy at the sprint store lied to me once but I knew it was a lie. I was asking him something about what sprint is going to do now that Verizon was getting ready to launch 4g service. (back in October or November of 2010.) This dude told me that sprint owns all the rights to 4g and that that's the reason why they were the only ones with it and if Verizon wanted 4g they would have to pay sprint before they could launch any 4g service. I laughed in that guys face and started to cancel my lines for that guy lieing to me. Lmao

• Like 1

A guy at the sprint store lied to me once but I knew it was a lie. I was asking him something about what sprint is going to do now that Verizon was getting ready to launch 4g service. (back in October or November of 2010.) This dude told me that sprint owns all the rights to 4g and that that's the reason why they were the only ones with it and if Verizon wanted 4g they would have to pay sprint before they could launch any 4g service. I laughed in that guys face and started to cancel my lines for that guy lieing to me. Lmao

Now that's a doozy! :hah:

I'll let Hesse know that you placed an order for a Columbus at the drive through window.

Would you like fries with that?

Posted via Forum Runner

I'll take a #1 roast beef with cheese, curly fries with large coke.

Lol

Come on... I just need some good news on NV or lte in Central, Ohio.

Sent from my EVO 3D w/ MeanRom

I'll take a #1 roast beef with cheese, curly fries with large coke.

Lol

Come on... I just need some good news on NV or lte in Central, Ohio.

You must think your at Arby's, lol. I'm in Columbus myself and patiently waiting for the LTE switch to be switched on. I'm going to continue to enjoy my great Wimax service until LTE gets here.

• Like 2

You must think your at Arby's, lol. I'm in Columbus myself and patiently waiting for the LTE switch to be switched on. I'm going to continue to enjoy my great Wimax service until LTE gets here.

Where I work I get crap service in 3 different buildings for voice and data, I do a lot of roaming in downtown columbus. I live out in Granville and drop service going up the road to my house and data sucks... I use wifi at home exclusively.

Where do they come up with this stuff??? Do they just make it up hoping to get people excited about Sprint and quickly run out and buy a new LTE phone when they arrive?

*sigh*

Yeah it's insanely ridiculous to be frank. This is the exact kind of behavior that is getting Sprint in trouble. When they hire people to sell phones who know nothing about the devices or service it makes an entire company look bad. When I worked for Sprint I use to hate Best Buy because I was always having to correct the facts and fix accounts. Really sad to see stuff like this on the front lines for a company.

Where I work I get crap service in 3 different buildings for voice and data, I do a lot of roaming in downtown columbus. I live out in Granville and drop service going up the road to my house and data sucks... I use wifi at home exclusively.

Sorry to hear that you get crappy reception. Not to rub it in, but I get 4G just about every place I go. My apartment and job are across the street from towers and I have seen some outrageous data speeds while tethering. At home I hit 18.48mb down. I didn't get to do a screen capture of it before it dropped down to 12mb, but still surprised the heck out of me. I think the place that I go that has the worst Sprint coverage in town is Easton. I can be right outside of the Sprint store and have one bar and no 4G. I'm still a fan though.

Sorry to hear that you get crappy reception. Not to rub it in, but I get 4G just about every place I go. My apartment and job are across the street from towers and I have seen some outrageous data speeds while tethering. At home I hit 18.48mb down. I didn't get to do a screen capture of it before it dropped down to 12mb, but still surprised the heck out of me. I think the place that I go that has the worst Sprint coverage in town is Easton. I can be right outside of the Sprint store and have one bar and no 4G. I'm still a fan though.

Must be nice...

Sprints 4G in columbus is weak.... I've had evo 4G and 3D. I also test htc thunderbolt, it's lte has 10x the coverage and didn't drop 4G unlike sprint as I drove around.

I'm very excited for NV and sprint lte, i'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Haha that guy wins a medal there for that. Lol

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Lmao, in markets where their is no native sprint coverage, after network vision are they going to deploy lte and 1x advanced in the 800 block only (rural areas) so that they can expand their footprint to compete with Verizon and att?

Lmao, in markets where their is no native sprint coverage, after network vision are they going to deploy lte and 1x advanced in the 800 block only (rural areas) so that they can expand their footprint to compete with Verizon and att?

No. Possibly in future capex, post Network Vision there will be possible expansion. But I think Sprint will wait until it gets profitable before significant expansion occurs.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/02/28/rumor-sprint-adds-los-angeles-to-list-of-planned-network-visionlte-markets-for-2012/

Don't know if you saw this! This website is getting multiple articles on Google news when you search Sprint.

I swear I have seen those maps some where before... I just can't place it!

• Like 2

http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/02/28/rumor-sprint-adds-los-angeles-to-list-of-planned-network-visionlte-markets-for-2012/

Don't know if you saw this! This website is getting multiple articles on Google news when you search Sprint.

This site is really making a name for itself now.

Sent from Joshs Evo Shift 4G using Forum Runner

• Like 2

I think I may just hang out here rather than SU. Very friendly and actually informative. I will start posting announcements here if you would like.

Even though we have 4G in our title, all Sprint related posts are welcome. Heck, soon we will all be using 4G anyway, right? We also accept topics for things not related to Sprint, but interesting to those who use these pages.

I appreciate your posts and it's good to have someone with your background around here. You are in a position to help guide our members and help set the record straight regarding subjects that you may understand better. Your insight is appreciated.

Robert, S4GRU

Posted via Forum Runner

Even though we have 4G in our title, all Sprint related posts are welcome. Heck, soon we will all be using 4G anyway, right? We also accept topics for things not related to Sprint, but interesting to those who use these pages.

I appreciate your posts and it's good to have someone with your background around here. You are in a position to help guide our members and help set the record straight regarding subjects that you may understand better. Your insight is appreciated.

Robert, S4GRU

Posted via Forum Runner

AND.....Free COOKIES!!!!!!

• Like 2

Robert' date=' S4GRU

Posted via Forum Runner[/quote']

My pleasure.

Thank you for providing a pleasant and content-rich forum.

• Like 1

AND.....Free COOKIES!!!!!!

I need to find a cookie emoticon.

Posted via Forum Runner

I think I may just hang out here rather than SU. Very friendly and actually informative. I will start posting announcements here if you would like.

Same here. Other places have a few very "anti-sprint I hate sprint my data speed sucks but I am on AT&T now but I still like to complain about sprint" people that sort of kill any informative posts.

S4GRU doesn't suffer from that.

• Like 4

Same here. Other places have a few very "anti-sprint I hate sprint my data speed sucks but I am on AT&T now but I still like to complain about sprint" people that sort of kill any informative posts.

S4GRU doesn't suffer from that.

Totally agree with you. I stopped posting on SU on a regular basis because I was tired of arguing with kids and the endless threads about "slow data speeds", "ive lost my ridiculous cheap discount 24/20 and threatening to leave", "Ive been a customer for 15 years and they took away my precious $20/mo plan" (even though there is no way to prove that) and the list goes on and on. It just seems like SU has turned into an anti-sprint site and I can tell even the moderators over there are joining in on the complaining which is pretty annoying.

I feel that over here in S4GRU, the community is a lot friendlier and the posters here are very intelligent are very open minded. I like having the debates and discussions.

Edited by ericdabbs
  • Like 3