Comments related to the NV Running List Thread

I realize things are subject to change but do you happen to know if Alabama (specifically Huntsville are in the 3rd or 4th rounds? Seems like the "missile capital of the world" gets left out of tech upgrades a lot.

Alabama was a 4th Round market. But so were Southern Jersey and VT/NH/ME. I have a source who has claimed they have combined the 3rd and 4th rounds. But no one has corroborated it yet. It's exciting to consider, though.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

Robert was northern Connecticut a 4th round market

If memory serves, I believe so. I'm not near a computer to check.

Robert via Samsung Note II using Forum Runner

It would be exciting if with their cash injection from Softbank they'd speed up their timetable. There's only one tower on this side of the mountain (I live east of Huntsville) but it's less than a mile from my house. The tower is slated to be upgraded somewhere in the nebulous future so I'm excited to see if I can get LTE from my house. Kind of sucks we only have 1 tower but that's the price of having these overgrown hills they call mountains all around. Thanks for the info Robert. At least now I know its on there somewhere. :)

• Like 1

Just calculated the numbers, based on this week's update, for the NV Running List. Robert will post them soonish.

Some highlights:

• Chicago now has a very significant number of approved 4G sites, the majority of which have 3G (or 3G + 1x on SMR) also complete. As of this update, a little over 69% of sites in the city are now running on Samsung Network Vision equipment.
  • Chicago, Baltimore and PR/VI markets look like they'll be NV complete within the next three months, backhaul permitting. Baltimore is ~49% complete, while PR/VI is ~40% complete but is moving at a quicker pace relative to the number of cell sites in the market.
  • For AlcaLu markets, ~20% of towers in the LA metro market are upgraded. ~15% in the NYC market are upgraded.
  • For Ericsson markets, ~39% of towers in Atlanta are now running Network Vision, though most are still running 3G over non-NV equipment. Houston is ~35% complete, with some 3G+4G sites mixed in. Kansas is ~36% complete.

For detail above and beyond the Running List, donating to S4GRU will get you access to the Sponsor-only forums, including maps of Sprint sites that have been accepted by Sprint as Network Vision complete on 3G, 4G or both, and a breakdown of what sites have been accepted on a week-by-week basis.

• Like 10

Where does Pensacola/Destin fit into the rollout? 3rd round?

That's the Panhandle market. It'll be awhile. How long is uncertain at this point, and even what round it's in is up for grabs. Could be fourth round, but the schedule is in enough of a state of flux right now that it's best just to wait until sites are going online before making predictions.

• Like 1

That's the Panhandle market. It'll be awhile. How long is uncertain at this point, and even what round it's in is up for grabs. Could be fourth round, but the schedule is in enough of a state of flux right now that it's best just to wait until sites are going online before making predictions.

Thanks. My family goes to Destin every year for vacation, and I was curious if I could be getting LTE there next August.
  • Like 1

Thanks. My family goes to Destin every year for vacation, and I was curious if I could be getting LTE there next August.

Haha, my family goes to Panama City Beach every year so they should both be upgraded around the same time. The market is called Gulf Coast and it should appear in the Deployment list soon...hopefully. :P

• Like 1

Haha, my family goes to Panama City Beach every year so they should both be upgraded around the same time. The market is called Gulf Coast and it should appear in the Deployment list soon...hopefully. :P

Cool. My parents own a townhouse in PCB, and I used to go with them for vacation every year. They've offered me opportunities to stay at the house, so it'll be good to know that I can get LTE if I decide to go back.

• Like 1

Am I reading the Running List thread correct? It says anticipated LTE launch date in DC is November 2013. Is this a typo? I sure hope it is....

That's only if production rate there stays the same, but it will increase. The launch date will more then likely move up a lot.

Sent from my Evo LTE or SSGS3 using Forum Runner

Am I reading the Running List thread correct? It says anticipated LTE launch date in DC is November 2013. Is this a typo? I sure hope it is....

That's only if production rate there stays the same, but it will increase. The launch date will more then likely move up a lot.

Actually, I think that is a typo. I believe it is supposed to say 2012.

If it was the line that said completion date, it'd sound right, but launch date? Pretty sure that's supposed to be 2012

According to the list, all sites would be complete October 2013 with launch in November 2013. Unless Sprint truly hates this region, I think it's a typo.

Actually, I think that is a typo. I believe it is supposed to say 2012.

If it was the line that said completion date, it'd sound right, but launch date? Pretty sure that's supposed to be 2012

According to the list, all sites would be complete October 2013 with launch in November 2013. Unless Sprint truly hates this region, I think it's a typo.

It was a typo. It has been fixed. Thanks.

Robert

• Like 1

If you don't mind me asking, what ever happened to those maps pinned to the top of the forums that showed which sites had been completed? It's been a couple weeks since I've seen them.

Where do recall seeing such maps. The NV Sites Complete map is restricted to Sponsors, and I notice that you don't have that status yet.

Those were not maps of sites completed. They were maps of scheduled activity during the coming month (and Sponsors got more detailed interactive maps.) The NV Sites Complete map, available only to Sponsors, tracks actual progress weekly.

Oh. Didn't realize that. Let me rephrase my original post. What ever happened to the maps of the scheduled activity?

Oh. Didn't realize that. Let me rephrase my original post. What ever happened to the maps of the scheduled activity?

We stopped doing them because the schedule was starting to get off alot and Robert was not getting updates, so not accurate at all.