IOS7 Announcement at WWDC

nobius

Not to hijack the thread. But quickly, I figured out how to display my signal strength without having to install anything from cydia! Yayyyy!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372466702.523734.jpg

*note this is on my i5. Not the iDevices running ios7.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Would u care to share with us wat you found and how to do it?

Sent from my HP Touchpad using Tapatalk 2

Not to hijack the thread. But quickly, I figured out how to display my signal strength without having to install anything from cydia! Yayyyy!

On the phone dialer: dial

*3001#12345#* and hit send (with the stars and all.

Phone will enter field test mode.

Then press and hold the lock button until the swipe to shut phone down screen pops up. (Do not swipe)!!

Then release the luck button and hold the home button. Until field test closes, it will take 10 seconds or so.

The signal strength is decibels will then stay in the top left of the screen.

To go back to signal bars, just enter field test again and then close it normally with the home button.

Daniel j.

• Like 1

On the phone dialer: dial

*3001#12345#* and hit send (with the stars and all.

Phone will enter field test mode.

Then press and hold the lock button until the swipe to shut phone down screen pops up. (Do not swipe)!!

Then release the luck button and hold the home button. Until field test closes, it will take 10 seconds or so.

The signal strength is decibels will then stay in the top left of the screen.

To go back to signal bars, just enter field test again and then close it normally with the home button.

Daniel j.

Plus you can tap on the decibel to change back and forth between the two.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 3

I won't use iOS 7 until it's final as I use my iPad and iPhone too much for work and can't afford for them to be flakey.

And don't say the A word or they come running.

I am on 7.  so far beta 2 is pretty good. beta 1 complaint was battery life. it was a killer.  Couldn't make it to lunch without a charge.

• Like 1

I am on 7.  so far beta 2 is pretty good. beta 1 complaint was battery life. it was a killer.  Couldn't make it to lunch without a charge.

battery life is alot better on beta 2, i hope beta 3 improves as well.

• Like 1

iOS 7 beta 3 just came out today for developers..i'm not a dev but my udid is registered...is it going to be available to dload? i haven't seen the OTA on my iPhone yet

• Like 1

iOS 7 beta 3 just came out today for developers..i'm not a dev but my udid is registered...is it going to be available to dload? i haven't seen the OTA on my iPhone yet

I have my UDID registered as well and it just showed up under the Settings app. The update took about 30 minutes to download and install.

• Like 2

I have also updated to beta 3. No issues. Only took about 15 minutes here on iPad 3. Like Kory said if you go to settings and force it to search for an update it will find it for I and prompt u to update.

• Like 2

I have also updated to beta 3. No issues. Only took about 15 minutes here on iPad 3. Like Kory said if you go to settings and force it to search for an update it will find it for I and prompt u to update.

Thanks for your help. I got the update notification about 10 mins after i posted :)

I have my UDID registered as well and it just showed up under the Settings app. The update took about 30 minutes to download and install.

Thanks for your help. Like i posted above, i got the update 10 mins after i posted the issue :)

ios7 has a lot of features from...android..and it looks quite a bit like android now..let's see what happens to that lawsuit now.

It is an interesting mix of Windows Mobile, Android, and the old Palm OS. A lot of what I see reminds me mostly of Palm OS, which both Google and Apple appear to be copying.

A good article from a non-bias perspective can be found here: http://gigaom.com/2013/06/10/much-ios-7-design-inspiration-came-from-others-but-apple-elegantly-puts-it-all-together/

copying is rampant..it's just funny to see all this patent nonsense..read the basics of patent law..one thing that cna't be pateneted and that is being ignored is you can't patent math..what is software?  math..:)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm not too mad at the copying. Its bound to happen. I'll be more mad at the macheads that think this is groundbreaking or new. New for you I guess. And I was hoping for something really new that would keep android on its toes and make them rethink some things. Google is sitting there like "that's it? Cool"

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Hey it brings nice features to both! So I really don't care.  lol .  Competition is a good thing

• Like 1