S3 connects to LTE but will not pull data

tjw0

I recently started picking up LTE in Chehalis, WA but when the phone connects to it, the signal indicator in the top right goes from 4G immediately to 1x and will not allow me to access the internet at all. Signal Check says that I am connected to LTE even after all of this. When I have an LTE signal, most of the time I have to turn LTE of if I want to use data. I am running CM10 RC1, but I'm not aware of any LTE issues with CM10. Any thoughts? This market is not official yet so that may be my problem. Any ideas?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

According to the Current and Coming Cities thread, my towers are in the pre-launch category so theoretically the LTE that I am seeing should be functional but my phone does not want to actually use it.

It might also depend on your signal strength, I know when it reads as -115 or less I get no data whatsoever out of LTE (at least with the existing LTE towers in the Orlando market, so YMMV)

Instead, I find sometimes that my phone will mysteriously drop LTE and switch back to eHRPD even though I haven't moved and LTE is still available (confirmed by toggling airplane mode).

Turns out the issue was my APN settings. A quick pop back to Touchwiz and some APN changing magic got me LTE. I'm pulling about 4.5mbps down and 2mbps up at -110db. So I'm happy.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1