Motorola X Users Thread!

ericdabbs

Its not as fancy as it sounds... essentially its just a dual core S4 pro with adreno 320 (2 cores for the CPU and 4 cores for the GPU)

That accounts for 6 of the 8 cores they are talking about... the other 2 are low power chips used for very specific tasks ( one for the always on mic and one for monitoring orientation/movement)

...at least that is what I gleaned from the article

• 2 weeks later...

How would you guys feel if customization was an AT&T exclusive? I sure hope it's not!

Also, if I wanted a customized phone (not just a black or white model), I'd have to order it directly through Motorola. I'll probably just get a black one, meaning I could order through Sprint. 

August 23rd is the big day!  :twitch:

Wow only $199 off-contract? This phone with T-Mobile's Simple Choice plan would be such a bargain!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I wouldn't bank on that.  Even if it is suppose to be a mid range device, I expect it to be in the $300-400 full retail since its going to have a big screen and still decent specs.

Since it's using an older processor I would hope it'll have svdo/svlte, yes no?

Sent from my XT897 using Tapatalk 2

It does for SVLTE but not SVDO according to the FCC docs but its not because its an older processor though.

• Like 1

Okay so Leo Laporte got me super excited for this phone today. He has seen and used the Moto X and even though he signed a NDA he gave some very obvious hints. He said some of the leaked specs are wrong and there are A LOT of features that haven't been leaked. Somebody called in about getting a phone today on the Tech Guy Show and he said I cant say why but wait until August 1st like 10 times. Then he bad mouthed Samsung and HTC its got me wondering.

Brought to you in part by Sprint Galaxy S4

Where can we see FCC doc?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Here is the FCC link.  This is the Moto phone that is rumored to be the Sprint version of the Moto X phone.  If you look at the RF Exposure Test Report on pg. 3, it tells you the functionality it supports and it clearly states only LTE Band 25 (1900 MHz) support.

https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=425753&fcc_id=IHDT56PB2

• Like 1

X marks the spot...

http://www.motorola.com/us/consumers/Moto-X/moto-x,en_US,pg.html

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7197/a-quick-look-at-the-moto-x-motorolas-new-flagship

And, FYI, some of these redundant Motorola X threads are going to be merged or closed.

AJ

Holy crap the phone is a fail.

What a waste of time

Tell me how you really feel :P

The only thing I'm disappointed in is the price. $199 + 2yr. So ~$550.

• Like 2

Tell me how you really feel :P

The only thing I'm disappointed in is the price. $199 + 2yr. So ~$550.

Only thing? Thats sort of important though?

You can get better phones for cheaper. With removable batteries, wireless charging and expandable memory. Higher res screens, and faster processors. For cheaper.

This phone offers absolutly nothing.

Is it even tri-band at Sprint? Im going to guess not.

• Like 1

Only thing? Thats sort of important though?

You can get better phones for cheaper. With removable batteries, wireless charging and expandable memory. Higher res screens, and faster processors. For cheaper.

This phone offers absolutly nothing.

Is it even tri-band at Sprint? Im going to guess not.

Well that's exactly what I'm saying. This is a $300-ish phone, not a $550 phone. Perhaps we're seeing the "made in America" price, as opposed to cheap overseas labor?

Well that's exactly what I'm saying. This is a $300-ish phone, not a $550 phone. Perhaps we're seeing the "made in America" price, as opposed to cheap overseas labor?

Yup, if youre going to sell us last years phone, then use last years price.

Has anyone definitively made the connection that this is the same Motorola handset we saw in the FCC OET several weeks ago? No tri band, I suspect so.

AJ

Has anyone definitively made the connection that this is the same Motorola handset we saw in the FCC OET several weeks ago? No tri band, I suspect so.

AJ

This, coupled with the new Sprint press release today makes no mention of triband, I think it's definitely safe to assume that the new MotoX may be the last Sprint smartphone of significance to be single LTE band. Not an honorable distinction. What bad timing for Motorola on the Now network.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Given that certain features are exclusive to AT&T, I think that Motorola is just happy to be on something other than Verizon! I don't think that they care too much for Sprint or TMo.