iOS UI over haul on the way? E3? or E4?

Rukin1

Well the rumors are existent and I would imagine it's true. There is news of iOS getting over-hauled and I would imagine, it's quite true. The only way I would ever consider an iPhone, is when it becomes open source(which I highly doubt this would even happen lol) And they change there whole system. Some what Android-like But in Apples Version. What do you think?

Well the rumors are existent and I would imagine it's true. There is news of iOS getting over-hauled and I would imagine, it's quite true. The only way I would ever consider an iPhone, is when it becomes open source(which I highly doubt this would even happen lol) And they change there whole system. Some what Android-like But in Apples Version. What do you think?

Apple will never go Open Source with iOS. They won't even do it with OS X. I hope they get a little more lenient with themes and skins, but I'm not going to hold my breath. Apple is Apple. Get used to it. They do strange things. People pay extra to buy their stuff. Notification Center is enough Android on iOS. If widgets come, big deal. I don't even use them being jailbroken, so why would I use them if they become official.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

They won't go open source, but I hope Apple adds Dashboard from OS X to the home screen. Still miss Beautiful Widgets' big clock and weather.

Sent from my iPad/iPhone using Tapatalk

Apple contributes a lot to open source.

WebKit, the engine that drives Safari and Google's Chrome was an Apple-created project.

Apple helps lead the LLVM/Clang compiler project.

The kernel of OS X and iOS is called Darwin and is open-source.

They just don't give away the UI bits and apps. If you mean Apple allowing any apps to be installed from anywhere, not a chance... Malware, badly written apps installing background services, etc would proliferate and Apple won't allow it.

Apple contributes a lot to open source.

WebKit, the engine that drives Safari and Google's Chrome was an Apple-created project.

Apple helps lead the LLVM/Clang compiler project.

The kernel of OS X and iOS is called Darwin and is open-source.

They just don't give away the UI bits and apps. If you mean Apple allowing any apps to be installed from anywhere, not a chance... Malware, badly written apps installing background services, etc would proliferate and Apple won't allow it.

But that would be the users choice. Android has malware protection apps. Doesn't apple?

But that would be the users choice. Android has malware protection apps. Doesn't apple?

Your Member Level is strange...

iOS, or any Apple OS, will probably never be open source. That's what helps them keep a tight hold on their products, but you also get a unified experience across any Apple product and timely updates as well.

-Luis

Your Member Level is strange...

iOS, or any Apple OS, will probably never be open source. That's what helps them keep a tight hold on their products, but you also get a unified experience across any Apple product and timely updates as well.

-Luis

I know.. You do too with Android. What do you mean my member level is strange?

Btw lol Wearable computers?

http://news.yahoo.com/apple-ceo-sees-more-gamechangers-hints-wearable-devices-032146295.html

Never knew that, I never really took the time to completely look through everything in the profile... Anyways that was extremely off topic... Sorry!

-Luis

It's cool man, You ask questions to learn. Not to learn nothing.

Apple will never go Open Source with iOS. They won't even do it with OS X. I hope they get a little more lenient with themes and skins, but I'm not going to hold my breath. Apple is Apple. Get used to it. They do strange things. People pay extra to buy their stuff. Notification Center is enough Android on iOS. If widgets come, big deal. I don't even use them being jailbroken, so why would I use them if they become official.

I agree josh! The widgets lead to clutter! The concept as a whole is simplicity!

People hate(viscerally I might add) on Apples way of doing things, but in my experience iOS is a very fundamentally low maintenance environment, and I can focus more on using my phone more than working on it. The overhaul will be nice, but considering the age of the current iOS I think it holds it's on quite well after all these years.

If you want open source android is the choice. But if you want to jailbreak, do the customizations you want, yet still have a low maintenance, less headache then for me it's iOS.

I think iOS 7 will be neat and useful, but at it's core it's still iOS! And for me that's where I will stay!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Rumor has it from Tim Cook's recent interview that Apple could allow more customization with iOS 7, as long as said customizations don't compromise the security of the phone.

• Like 1

I agree josh! The widgets lead to clutter! The concept as a whole is simplicity!

People hate(viscerally I might add) on Apples way of doing things, but in my experience iOS is a very fundamentally low maintenance environment, and I can focus more on using my phone more than working on it. The overhaul will be nice, but considering the age of the current iOS I think it holds it's on quite well after all these years.

If you want open source android is the choice. But if you want to jailbreak, do the customizations you want, yet still have a low maintenance, less headache then for me it's iOS.

I think iOS 7 will be neat and useful, but at it's core it's still iOS! And for me that's where I will stay!

Android is for the technology nerds lol. You can customize android down to the bone. Android rooted is just as secure as apple is jailnbroken.

• Like 1

Oh I know lol I had a couple android devices before jumping in the Cupertino coupe. I ran custom roms and such. I just prefer the iOS lifestyle more. There are just so many variants of the Android os that I get lost in translation. I like the iOS streamlined approach.

Cook mentioned opening up more APIs, not allowing customization of fundamental aspects of iOS.  Apple won't even allow that on OS X, although thanks to Terminal, you have the ability to do that if you know how, but a VERY small fraction does.  That's very different than iOS where you will never ever get command line access to the OS without jailbreaking.  

The one thing I really want to see customizable is the carrier name and other elements of the status bar. That is first and foremost the biggest thing I want. 2nd is that I want to see Apple approve Sensorly with the capabilities that the android version has so I can contribute to their maps.

Agreed! I don't like the clock being in the center. I would rather have battery status top dead center, and the signal bars on the far right.

Just little things like that. I also would like to customize the coloring. I prefer a deep black over the blues and grays.

Never

Apple will rot before this happens. 

Never

Apple will rot before this happens.

it's already rotting :/ It's impossible to save a rotten apple unless you eat it. ROFL

Dislike lol