HTC One max [Tri-Band] (was "HTC "Phablet" aka "T6"")

themuffinman

I would expect this to be a different HTC device. While the dimensions are elusive in the FCC OET filing, this device does not seem to support 802.11ac, yet the HTC One does.

AJ

Could it be a HTC One mini? Where can we find the dimensions of this device?

Not looking good.  It seems like the HTC One Max may only sport a Snapdragon S600.  While the S600 chip itself is not too shabby but the long wait for this phone really deserves the S800 chip especially when the S800 chip is now available and if it wants to truly compete with the Note 3.

http://www.gsmarena.com/new_htc_one_max_photos_confirm_screen_size_chipset-news-6816.php

That stinks. This looked like the makings of a potentially awesome phone. But, in the world of high end and flagship caliber products, the simple rule of "don't take on the best unless you plan on being the best" absolutely applies.

That stinks. This looked like the makings of a potentially awesome phone. But, in the world of high end and flagship caliber products, the simple rule of "don't take on the best unless you plan on being the best" absolutely applies.

I am more worried that the HTC One Max will be single band LTE than the Snapdragon 600.

• Like 1

I am more worried that the HTC One Max will be single band LTE than the Snapdragon 600.

Both bother me. A product like this needs to meet the expectations of its customer base. The One is HTC's flagship. That means it represents the best of what HTC is. You pick it up and you can see the physical representation of HTC's capability, philosophy and commitment. The One Max is their entry into the highly premium phablet category. To come out with less than their best just shows poor commitment and execution both to their own image and to their customers.

Both bother me. A product like this needs to meet the expectations of its customer base. The One is HTC's flagship. That means it represents the best of what HTC is. You pick it up and you can see the physical representation of HTC's capability, philosophy and commitment. The One Max is their entry into the highly premium phablet category. To come out with less than their best just shows poor commitment and execution both to their own image and to their customers.

Either way the HTC One Max looks to be off my list of smartphones I am considering now not only because of the uncertainty of triband LTE but the Snapdragon 600 is troublesome along with what looks like a lack of a S-pen feature. 

Either way the HTC One Max looks to be off my list of smartphones I am considering now not only because of the uncertainty of triband LTE but the Snapdragon 600 is troublesome along with what looks like a lack of a S-pen feature.

It's amazing how the lack of a pen feature makes any phablet feel neutered in a way.

Not looking good.  It seems like the HTC One Max may only sport a Snapdragon S600.  While the S600 chip itself is not too shabby but the long wait for this phone really deserves the S800 chip especially when the S800 chip is now available and if it wants to truly compete with the Note 3.

http://www.gsmarena.com/new_htc_one_max_photos_confirm_screen_size_chipset-news-6816.php

The thing is all these various leaks are coming from the same source and coming from the same chinese variant.  No mention of any other version at all, I am going to keep hope alive.

• Like 2

The thing is all these various leaks are coming from the same source and coming from the same chinese variant.  No mention of any other version at all, I am going to keep hope alive.

That's exactly what I've been saying. They've all been from Weibo and all been the Chinese "variant". We don't know of the u terbational version yet. This device could still be S800 for those outside of China. And tri-band for Sprint.

That's exactly what I've been saying. They've all been from Weibo and all been the Chinese "variant". We don't know of the u terbational version yet. This device could still be S800 for those outside of China. And tri-band for Sprint.

Hopefully its tri band sprint and HTC seems to have a good relationship so maybe sprint can convince them to include all their bands.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

It's amazing how the lack of a pen feature makes any phablet feel neutered in a way.

It is to me because with such a large screen and with note taking capability, I don't know about you but my finger is the worse pencil out there to take any notes on.  You can't write as neatly or as legible with your finger as you can with a pen.  Also if you look at what Samsung has done to add features to a S-pen, I can see why it can be useful.  Sure it may sound gimmicky but I still find it interesting.

It is to me because with such a large screen and with note taking capability, I don't know about you but my finger is the worse pencil out there to take any notes on.  You can't write as neatly or as legible with your finger as you can with a pen.  Also if you look at what Samsung has done to add features to a S-pen, I can see why it can be useful.  Sure it may sound gimmicky but I still find it interesting.

Do you know of any aftermarket styli that work well?  Or, if the Samsung s-pen will work on this, or say, the Mega?

Do you know of any aftermarket styli that work well?  Or, if the Samsung s-pen will work on this, or say, the Mega?

No idea.  Can the S-pen work on any smartphone?  I thought the Note 3 had a touch sensitive type of display to allow for a S-pen to work?

Of course with the s-pen samsung added additional functionality to it but any styli made for use on a capacitive screen will work just fine on whatever smartphone you're using as if it was your own finger.  I have used a few different ones and haven't had any issues with any of them at all. 

• Like 1

Of course with the s-pen samsung added additional functionality to it but any styli made for use on a capacitive screen will work just fine on whatever smartphone you're using as if it was your own finger.  I have used a few different ones and haven't had any issues with any of them at all. 

Sweet. Thanks for the info, man. I was just thinking how sometimes it would be nice to have a real fine point like that found on the s-pen.

Sweet. Thanks for the info, man. I was just thinking how sometimes it would be nice to have a real fine point like that found on the s-pen.

I feel the same way but its great to have that built in feature with the note compared to having to walk around with an additional piece of hardware.

• Like 1

I really have no issue with the Snapdragon 600.  I think it will more than suffice.  At this point in NV, I think tri-band is a requirement for all my phones, though. 

I think for most of us on this forum the triband LTE is more important than whether it is a Snapdragon 800 or not.  I think if the HTC One Max turns out to be triband LTE but with a snapdragon 600, people will be disappointed but they will still buy it.  I mean the Snapdragon 600 chip is still not too shabby and should be relevant for the next 2 years.

Not to be the bringer of bad news twice concerning triband LTE for phablets, but it seems an HTC device headed for Sprint passed through the FCC. I'm unsure if its the HTC One Max, but it

seems to run on Sprint's frequencies. The device specifically has 817.9 MHz to 823.1 MHz, which corresponds to Sprint's SMR holdings. Band Class 25 LTE is all that is included, in either 5 MHz or 10 MHz configurations. Along with that, we have CDMA on PCS and Cellular.

Source: https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=754006&fcc_id=NM80P4E100

This device seems to be the htc desire 601 or code name htc Zara

http://www.phonearena.com/news/HTC-Desire-601-with-Sprint-LTE-bands-visits-the-FCC_id47573