HTC One max [Tri-Band] (was "HTC "Phablet" aka "T6"")

themuffinman

Saw that on the twitter Evleaks. Glad to hear the HTC One Max is Sprint bound. I am pretty positive it will be triband LTE.

If it is tri band it will be my next device. I'm not really liking the note 3 very much.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

If it is tri band it will be my next device. I'm not really liking the note 3 very much.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

I have always been an HTC person but the note 3 and galaxy gear is appealing to me. I also can't wait to see what the Nexus 5 is, if it is also on Sprint, and if Google will add their own smart watch.

I have always been an HTC person but the note 3 and galaxy gear is appealing to me. I also can't wait to see what the Nexus 5 is, if it is also on Sprint, and if Google will add their own smart watch.

So are you holding out hoping that the HTC One Max will blow the Note 3 out of the water or at least offer some unique features to peak your interest?  Google will not come out with a smartwatch for sure this year.  They are too focused on getting Android KitKat out the door to worry about a new product launch this year.

I just want to hear a darn HTC event date to announce this darn thing.  The wait has gone on long enough.

• Like 1

So are you holding out hoping that the HTC One Max will blow the Note 3 out of the water or at least offer some unique features to peak your interest?  Google will not come out with a smartwatch for sure this year.  They are too focused on getting Android KitKat out the door to worry about a new product launch this year.

I just want to hear a darn HTC event date to announce this darn thing.  The wait has gone on long enough.

I am also hoping the HTC One Max is triband and it HAS to have their Scribe like the HTC Flyer/Evo View. I personally think all phablets should have styli. I also kind of want to venture out of HTC but TouchWiz is just so darn ugly to me. I bought my bro a note 2 and he loves it and wants the 3. You really think Google would not release say a smartwatch with their next flagship? I think it would be a good idea to to launch them together with KitKat partially focusing integrating smart devices(not just watches) into android for future OEM smart devices.

I am also hoping the HTC One Max is triband and it HAS to have their Scribe like the HTC Flyer/Evo View. I personally think all phablets should have styli. I also kind of want to venture out of HTC but TouchWiz is just so darn ugly to me. I bought my bro a note 2 and he loves it and wants the 3. You really think Google would not release say a smartwatch with their next flagship? I think it would be a good idea to to launch them together with KitKat partially focusing integrating smart devices(not just watches) into android for future OEM smart devices.

Yes I am positive that Google will NOT release a smartwatch in 2013 because Google would have to had been working on a Nexus smartwatch since 2012 because products like this can't be whipped up like this in just a few months if you consider all the work that needs to be done.  Products like this take at least a 1 year to 1.5 years from concept to product.  I think until Apple releases an iWatch I don't think Google will need to release a Nexus smartwatch yet.  Keep in mind that the Samsung Gear smartwatch only works with Samsung devices so it only has to be in Samsung code and we dont even know how popular the Samsung smartwatch is going to be.  I would be very shocked if people are lining up to pay $300 for a smartwatch which frankly has poor battery life of real usage and is limited to only Samsung devices.

If Google were to release a smartwatch it would have to appeal to the masses which means that the smartwatch would have to support all Android devices.  This will mean that we would need to see some sort of software API in Android 4.4 KitKat to communicate between the smartwatch and phone/tablet device.

Back to the HTC.  I really hope that the HTC One Max does has a S-pen like feature in the scribe which can bring some Note taking capabilities.  I just hope its not like the LG Optimus G Pro where there is no S-pen but just a large screen.

• Like 1

Yes I am positive that Google will NOT release a smartwatch in 2013 because Google would have to had been working on a Nexus smartwatch since 2012 because products like this can't be whipped up like this in just a few months if you consider all the work that needs to be done.  Products like this take at least a 1 year to 1.5 years from concept to product.  I think until Apple releases an iWatch I don't think Google will need to release a Nexus smartwatch yet.  Keep in mind that the Samsung Gear smartwatch only works with Samsung devices so it only has to be in Samsung code and we dont even know how popular the Samsung smartwatch is going to be.  I would be very shocked if people are lining up to pay $300 for a smartwatch which frankly has poor battery life of real usage and is limited to only Samsung devices.

If Google were to release a smartwatch it would have to appeal to the masses which means that the smartwatch would have to support all Android devices.  This will mean that we would need to see some sort of software API in Android 4.4 KitKat to communicate between the smartwatch and phone/tablet device.

Back to the HTC.  I really hope that the HTC One Max does has a S-pen like feature in the scribe which can bring some Note taking capabilities.  I just hope its not like the LG Optimus G Pro where there is no S-pen but just a large screen.

That was exactly what I was thinking about KitKat at least having the software in its code and the nexus watch for it to work with all devices, not just how the Samsung smartwatch only works with other Samsung devices. However, I do understand about all the R&D needed so you are correct about it not being released in 2013. $300 is a bit steep also.

For HTC, yes that's what I hope also. I feel it is pointless to be that large of a phone and not enhanced drawing/note taking abilities above what our 4.7 inch and lower can do. Honestly, I just want a Nexus device on Sprint that has dual front facing speakers(not sure if HTC has a patent on that).  :lol:

A user over at MacRumors supposably had a chance to play with the Note 3 and HTC One Max... Will provide updates and see if it is true. He mentioned it being longer than the Galaxy Note 3 and quite a bit heavier. 

However, he said the back was able to open? And I inquired about a square sensor on the back he was not sure about and is investigating further tonight!

A user over at MacRumors supposably had a chance to play with the Note 3 and HTC One Max... Will provide updates and see if it is true. He mentioned it being longer than the Galaxy Note 3 and quite a bit heavier. 

However, he said the back was able to open? And I inquired about a square sensor on the back he was not sure about and is investigating further tonight!

One of the rumors I read about the HTC One Max mentioned SD card support (and they would defintely need to do it if it comes with just 16GB storage). So there would need to be a removable back.

Just googled around and came across this. http://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/news/purported-images-of-htc-one-max-dual-sim-with-fingerprint-scanner-appear-online-411760

• Like 1

One of the rumors I read about the HTC One Max mentioned SD card support (and they would defintely need to do it if it comes with just 16GB storage). So there would need to be a removable back.

Just googled around and came across this. http://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/news/purported-images-of-htc-one-max-dual-sim-with-fingerprint-scanner-appear-online-411760

Sounds very similar to what the guy at MacRumors was saying!

I am not surprised at all that the HTC One Max is taller than the Note 3.  The HTC One was taller than the GS4 already and the HTC One is only 4.7 inches.  The blame can be put on the front facing stereo speakers which extend the height of the phone.  So given that fact the HTC One Max is a no brainer why its taller than the Note 3.  Its screen size is 0.2 inches more (5.9 in vs. 5.7 in) than the Note 3 and the stereo speakers adds more height.

Personally I would much rather have speakers at the bottom to reduce the height of the phone.  I look at the LG G2, iPhone and the Note 3 and they all have speakers at the bottom and they look really nice.  You should be able to hear sound just fine with the speaker at the bottom vs. front of the phone.

• Like 1

This is good news if the HTC One Max has a removable battery and microSD card slot.  This will definitely win back some HTC customers who flocked to other phones due to the lack of these 2 key features.

This is good news if the HTC One Max has a removable battery and microSD card slot.  This will definitely win back some HTC customers who flocked to other phones due to the lack of these 2 key features.

I wonder if it would take away from the unibody design that every one raved about on the HTC One though. That was one highlighted feature for the One over the S4 was based off its aluminum body and build.

It will be interesting to hear and see what happens if it is a plastic back  B)

I wonder if it would take away from the unibody design that every one raved about on the HTC One though. That was one highlighted feature for the One over the S4 was based off its aluminum body and build.

It will be interesting to hear and see what happens if it is a plastic back  B)

Well at the same time while the unibody made the HTC One unique and cool, it prevented HTC from creating a removable back and possible a microSD card slot which many customers still highlly covet.  Maybe HTC came to the senses (no pun intended) and realized that customers do like their removable battery and microSD card slot still and lost a ton of sales since customers flocked to the GS4 because of it.  Either way I am looking forward to hearing more about the HTC One Max and see what kinda material the HTC One Max is going to be made out of.

If I recall right the China version of the One had removable back and SD card too..... Don't get your hopes up yet...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Well at the same time while the unibody made the HTC One unique and cool, it prevented HTC from creating a removable back and possible a microSD card slot which many customers still highlly covet.  Maybe HTC came to the senses (no pun intended) and realized that customers do like their removable battery and microSD card slot still and lost a ton of sales since customers flocked to the GS4 because of it.  Either way I am looking forward to hearing more about the HTC One Max and see what kinda material the HTC One Max is going to be made out of.

The sim tray is on the side, no reason why they can't design the One max to do the same with an sd card slot.  Also htc sales issues had nothing to do with lack of removable batteries or lack of sd card support.  Sure there are some that didn't buy the device because of it but there are others that didn't by the gs4 because of how cheap it felt in comparison to the one so at the end of the day there is no way to really measure something thats really not that important to the general populous.  Oh, and htc's front facing speakers should be standard on all phones, way better than any other area of the phone but of course the downside is it makes the device taller but I think that is a worthwhile trade off.

The sim tray is on the side, no reason why they can't design the One max to do the same with an sd card slot.  Also htc sales issues had nothing to do with lack of removable batteries or lack of sd card support.  Sure there are some that didn't buy the device because of it but there are others that didn't by the gs4 because of how cheap it felt in comparison to the one so at the end of the day there is no way to really measure something thats really not that important to the general populous.  Oh, and htc's front facing speakers should be standard on all phones, way better than any other area of the phone but of course the downside is it makes the device taller but I think that is a worthwhile trade off.

Of course there are two sides of the coin and I do understand that there some folks chose the HTC One over the GS4 due to the plastic feel of the GS4.  Well whatever the reasons were, the sales of the HTC One were lacking compared to GS4 so there is a problem no matter how you want to spin it.

From all the tech blogs I was reading (and trust me I read a lot) about the average consumer comparing the two devices for purchase, the largest overwhelming outcry was the lack of SD card slot in the HTC One which swayed them away from The One to the GS4 even though they acknowledged their disappointment in the plastic back.  They felt that they were willing to compromise with the GS4 because they can add more storage via SD card and can just add a case around the GS4 so that they don't have to feel plastic.

Also these comments don't just apply to the HTC One.  The same comments were mentioned when the LG G2 and Moto X were announced of the lack of SD card slot and removable battery.  People still love their flexibility of removable batteries and SD card slot to add a ton of storage even though they have to deal with the plastic feel.

Now if HTC can somehow keep that unibody design while most importantly add a SD card slot for additional storage in the HTC One Max, it can win customers back and be a winner in this phablet space.  Although the lack of removable battery would still be an issue for some that want to be able to add an extra capacity battery or be able to switch multiple battery packs but that is by far not as compelling as the lack of SD card slot.

Oh and about the speakers, I think it remains to be seen for me because if the phone is able to produce great audio via bottom stereo speakers like the LG G2 and iPhone, I think I would prefer that much more than the front facing speakers since that extra height adds up too much.  These smartphone behemoths are tall enough and if it can find ways to cut down the height, I welcome that much more.  I have tested the HTC One front facing speakers at the store and they are loud but sound nice I give HTC that but I guess for me I wouldn't need such loud speakers.

The reason why samsung does so well is because of their advertising budget and thats basically it.   When was the last time you saw a galaxy add that spoke about sd cards and removable batteries?  You don't because those are things the average person really does not care about, if that was the case then samsung would be owning apple all these years.  Its all about showing consumers what these devices can actually do and how owning these devices can make your life easier.  Apple(love them or hate them) knows how to market a product, samsung not so much until they started their "the next big thing is already here" marketing campaign with the gs3.  The opinions of tech blogs(which most seem to favor the One ) doesn't count because they are not part of the average everyday customer pool.  If you go to your local mall and randomly select 100 people to look at both the One and the gs4 maybe a few if any of them at all will ask anything about an sd card or removable battery.  Anyone can create a pro or a con to help persuade a customer to go to either device, thats just salesmanship but when these customers are sitting at home watching tv and they see numerous commercials about these galaxy devices and how it does things the iphone can't then more than likely they will be asking for that galaxy device when they go looking for a new smartphone.  If htc or any other android oem had that kind of marketing budget samsung would have never gotten such a huge lead.

• Like 1

Cmon HTC, you are my last hope for getting a phablet smartphone with triband LTE support.  I just want a removable battery and SD card slot with triband LTE support

You are like a lost puppy bouncing between the threads right now lol... I am with ya.. 5.5" plus, tri-band, SD card... that is my requirements... Removable battery is optional for me though.  Still have a tiny bit of hope for the GN3 -- but this is my next hope.

You are like a lost puppy bouncing between the threads right now lol... I am with ya.. 5.5" plus, tri-band, SD card... that is my requirements... Removable battery is optional for me though.  Still have a tiny bit of hope for the GN3 -- but this is my next hope.

I am eh.. I am just raiding all the threads giving my 2 cents!!!! Hehe.. but yes I am livid about it because the Note 3 had everything i wanted in a smartphone.

• Like 1

I am eh.. I am just raiding all the threads giving my 2 cents!!!! Hehe.. but yes I am livid about it because the Note 3 had everything i wanted in a smartphone.

Me too.. I have the same defeated feeling I had when my Vikings lost this weekend.. kind of a "what now"...

Those features along with the HTC scribe. Scribe is a must must. Yup two musts.

• Like 2

Those features along with the HTC scribe. Scribe is a must must. Yup two musts.

We will have to see about the HTC One Max but HTC better step their game up and make some sort of announcement soon.  I don't know what they are waiting for.  For me the HTC One Max must have a stylus or its a deal breaker for me and of course triband LTE.  I don't need such a large screen if I am not able to write on it.  I would much rather take the LG G2 which has a smaller screen if there is no stylus feature.