HTC One max [Tri-Band] (was "HTC "Phablet" aka "T6"")

themuffinman

Has anyone elase noticed when connected to band 41 that the YouTube app won't stream videos? I have to open in browser before I can get an active data stream....

Has anyone elase noticed when connected to band 41 that the YouTube app won't stream videos? I have to open in browser before I can get an active data stream....

don't have that problem here

I'm thinking that may be the case as if I connect to WiFi it will pick up on the connection and I can then disconnect WiFi and resume off LTE, as the connection of the video is active. But once it drops off or pauses again to buffer it won't continue stream off the lte airlink....

does the One Max allow you to view/edit the band priorities?

No, that menu is not accessible unfortunately.

Sprint has been saying internally that their plan is 41 > 25 > 26. Although they may do some mixing it up while still deploying.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

Sprint has been saying internally that their plan is 41 > 25 > 26. Although they may do some mixing it up while still deploying.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

thanks, and i completely agree with this as a finalized, deployment plan. but when you are trying to hunt down b26 for tracking purposes being able to set it higher priority is a must :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So I hope this is temporary but I can't access YouTube servers on my one max anymore I can use the web browse download image files over the connection but can't stream video originating from there servers. Any one else come across this issue? I switched over to my other Sprint device and it loads the video just fine over the lte and evdo connection. But not for the one max. WiFi is not an issue.

So I hope this is temporary but I can't access YouTube servers on my one max anymore I can use the web browse download image files over the connection but can't stream video originating from there servers. Any one else come across this issue? I switched over to my other Sprint device and it loads the video just fine over the lte and evdo connection. But not for the one max. WiFi is not an issue.

Yes the fix is to goto settings and uninstall the update and YouTube will work again

Yes the fix is to goto settings and uninstall the update and YouTube will work again

nope that didn't work for me. I did a search just for issue generally and I deleted all the Sprint stream settings... That did the trick but I don't know if I need the settings for something else later but for now it is working...
  • Like 1

Hello all

So I signed up with Sprint and have been with them for nearly three weeks. I'm enjoying the Max but was mildly angered after learning about the eCSFB/Spark debacle from reading about it on the forums so I figured I'd finally sign up and ask some actual questions. My first one, and probably the biggest one is if everyone elses phone parks itself in 3g or if its my area specifically (Halethorpe Baltimore, MD ). When I contacted Sprint yesterday their reps seemed completely oblivious as to what SVLTE, eCSFB and the Spark issues were in general and the lady told me there were reported outages but I think she just wanted me off the line. I just updated the PRL on my phone and had spark for about thirty seconds before it dropped back to 3g and now the HTC device manager app is just running in the bg. I've been using an app called Network to force the phone into LTE only mode and access the Spark network but as everyone is fairly appraised of, it then nukes my ability to gets calls and texts(if only I could get texts T_T I could live without phone calls)

And if anyone wants to suggest any reading material I'd love to study up on this more. Thanks everyone!

Hello all

So I signed up with Sprint and have been with them for nearly three weeks. I'm enjoying the Max but was mildly angered after learning about the eCSFB/Spark debacle from reading about it on the forums so I figured I'd finally sign up and ask some actual questions. My first one, and probably the biggest one is if everyone elses phone parks itself in 3g or if its my area specifically (Halethorpe Baltimore, MD ). When I contacted Sprint yesterday their reps seemed completely oblivious as to what SVLTE, eCSFB and the Spark issues were in general and the lady told me there were reported outages but I think she just wanted me off the line. I just updated the PRL on my phone and had spark for about thirty seconds before it dropped back to 3g and now the HTC device manager app is just running in the bg. I've been using an app called Network to force the phone into LTE only mode and access the Spark network but as everyone is fairly appraised of, it then nukes my ability to gets calls and texts(if only I could get texts T_T I could live without phone calls)

And if anyone wants to suggest any reading material I'd love to study up on this more. Thanks everyone!

Your issue sure sounds like an eCSFB problem.

Here is a link to a really great article that Robert wrote:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-357-nexus-5-and-lg-g2-experience-temporary-sprint-lte-connectivity-issues-due-to-circuit-switched-fallback-technology/

Hope this helps.

My LG G2 Tri Band would park on 3G in the Harrisburg PA area last November until Shentel updated the system CSFB. Luckily it only took Shentel 10 days after the G2 release to perform the update. Shentel is usually right on top of things.

I assume Shentel is the company in charge of tower maintenance in PA? How would I figure out that info for my area.

Shentel is a Sprint affiliate that provides network services in that area.. outside of Shentel territory, I believe it's just plain old Sprint for the rest of the country, I'm not sure if there are still any other Sprint affiliates around (Swiftel maybe?). Shentel has been completing Network Vision upgrades in their coverage area very quickly and efficiently, probably better than any other area of the country. I believe Shentel covers parts of PA, WV, MD, and VA.

Ericsson had the nationwide contract for network maintenance for Sprint, but I think I recall reading that was ending and Sprint was returning to handling maintenance itself.

The vendors handling the first phase of the nationwide NV project is geographically split between Samsung, Alcatel-Lucent, and Ericsson.. Baltimore is ALU territory for this:

29xvoti.jpg

-Mike

Other than Swiftel and Shentel areas, the entire Sprint network is maintained by Ericsson Network Management (nationwide).  Even in places of the vendors Alcatel Lucent and Samsung.  So in Pennsylvania, Shentel maintains the network (including site equipment) in the Harrisburg, York, Altoona, Chambersburg areas.  Ericsson maintains the rest of the Sprint network in PA outside the aforementioned Shentel areas.

As for which OEM Vendor has the contract to install new network equipment in PA, Alcatel Lucent does Shentel areas and the Philadelphia Metro Area, Lehigh Valley and Reading areas.  Samsung does all the rest of the state, including Lancaster, Scranton/Wilkes Barre, State College, Williamsport, Pittsburgh and Erie.

Robert

• Like 3

I have to say, I'm a bit disappoint with how often my Max loses network connection (triangle notification icon).  I've also been missing call lately (never ring but got VM notification)

Updated and I can't tell what is actually different speed wise it seems the same maybe a Lil less lag prone as it seemed to be the case. What are others thoughts on it?

Sprint's HTC One Max gets Android 4.4.2 KitKat http://www.androidcentral.com/sprints-htc-one-max-gets-android-442-kitkat

Shiny new OS, enjoy

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Wow, htc is really on the ball with these updates.

• Like 1

My galaxy mega was a laggy price of crap so I just joined the HTC one max party! Lol