HTC One max [Tri-Band] (was "HTC "Phablet" aka "T6"")

themuffinman

http://m.gsmarena.com/htc_one_m8_prime_to_have_a_ceramic_body-news-8561.php

A ceramic body, and LTE speeds up to 300mbps. Carrier aggregation?

Edit: just found this article:http://m.androidcentral.com/htc-one-m8-prime-rumored-exotic-material-composition-faster-lte

Cat 6 LTE. Sweet.

Sent from my Nexus 5

seen the article and that maybe one of the first sprint devices that supports carrier aggregate of two 20mhz TDD channels. So that alone is sweet. What isn't is losing .4 in screen real estate if its a max replacement.

seen the article and that maybe one of the first sprint devices that supports carrier aggregate of two 20mhz TDD channels. So that alone is sweet. What isn't is losing .4 in screen real estate if its a max replacement.

That's what I'm sad about :(. I love the size of my one max pretty much prefect sized for me. And I feel like it'd feel like a downgrade.

They had me go into the boot loader to do it.

On my way home from work I had no GPS issues.

are you still working with out issues because the problem doesn't seem fixed for me on my end. GPS is still a mess when using Google maps. Imma see if I can use a different app with different results.

are you still working with out issues because the problem doesn't seem fixed for me on my end. GPS is still a mess when using Google maps. Imma see if I can use a different app with different results.

Not sure if you mentioned this before or not but did you perform a hardreset?

GPS is still a mess, along with the bluetooth.

Ive noticed that when I reboot the GPS usually locks in and does ok.

I did something to screw up my charging port and am getting another max hopefully by Tuesday. :(

• 2 weeks later...

There was some mention that the GPS issue may "possibly" be related to 800mhz B26 LTE.... sounds far fetch but several user report their GPS even on different devices have been going bonky about the time they saw B26 LTE and I know mine been like that since i traveled to Austin Texas and hit B26 LTE but its still having issue back in chicago without B26 LTE

generally I'm kind of disappointed with the reception performance of the one max, signal is consistently weaker than the S4 on B25 and B41 reception is always bad anywhere unless you happen to be very close to a tower.

LTE performance speed wise have alot to do with signal strength (when the airwave or backhaul is not congested)  Typically when my phone scan and lock on to B41, the signal is so low that the speedtest would be little if any faster than B25 at the same location.  but moving closer to the tower and improving the B41 signal strength increases speed by alot (i have hit 40-60mbps on good signals -80dbm or so).  

There was some mention that the GPS issue may "possibly" be related to 800mhz B26 LTE.... sounds far fetch but several user report their GPS even on different devices have been going bonky about the time they saw B26 LTE and I know mine been like that since i traveled to Austin Texas and hit B26 LTE but its still having issue back in chicago without B26 LTE

generally I'm kind of disappointed with the reception performance of the one max, signal is consistently weaker than the S4 on B25 and B41 reception is always bad anywhere unless you happen to be very close to a tower.

LTE performance speed wise have alot to do with signal strength (when the airwave or backhaul is not congested)  Typically when my phone scan and lock on to B41, the signal is so low that the speedtest would be little if any faster than B25 at the same location.  but moving closer to the tower and improving the B41 signal strength increases speed by alot (i have hit 40-60mbps on good signals -80dbm or so).

there may be some truth to the band 26 in GPS because as of recently and I don't want to jinx it the performance of the GPS mapping has been better. So whatever issues there where have been worked out it seems. In regards to the speed performance I don't think the radio is asking as a nexus 5 or LG g2 those phones have hit up to 70 mbps. I don't think a max has come close it out maybe hitting 60 at max I know I've only hit 56 personally.

on a side note today taking my phone off turn ons and getting back home I noticed that I hit close to 7 hours of on screen time! That's the best I've had since my power Flip Case died. This is a combination of turning off auto brightness when I didn't need it and staying on wifi and no signal areas.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay I just got a replacement one max not to long ago cuz my camera was going crazy... I'm having this weird issue where a notification pops up about "smith" is disabled tap to open and then it pops up a weird window... I can't find anything on Google o.o

I

Okay I just got a replacement one max not to long ago cuz my camera was going crazy... I'm having this weird issue where a notification pops up about "smith" is disabled tap to open and then it pops up a weird window... I can't find anything on Google o.o

Is there any way for you to take a screen cap and post it here?

*#*#SMITH#*#*

Sent from my HTC One Max using Tapatalk

This is the screen I get when I tap Idk it won't go away besides for a reset then about an hour or 2 later it's back

• 1 month later...

For me personally the max and the m8 perform about the same when it comes to lte connectivity, which is a good thing.

How is the sound quality in the earpiece during a call on the One Max?  I read one review that said it really didn't get adequately loud enough.   Also, how does it sound to the party on the other end?  Thanks!

How is the sound quality in the earpiece during a call on the One Max?  I read one review that said it really didn't get adequately loud enough.   Also, how does it sound to the party on the other end?  Thanks!

My max been sitting on my desk for a few months now but when I was using it I didn't have any issues with call quality, I could easily hear the other person clearly.  After I finished using I gave it to my girl to use for a while and when talking to her I could hear her just fine.  No complaints from me or her when it came to call performance.

My max been sitting on my desk for a few months now but when I was using it I didn't have any issues with call quality, I could easily hear the other person clearly.  After I finished using I gave it to my girl to use for a while and when talking to her I could hear her just fine.  No complaints from me or her when it came to call performance.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks!

And I feel with my one max it's almost the opposite I almost feel like my earpiece can't be turned down enough... But I guess some people just have bigger mouths then others lol

• 4 months later...

So I figured out the GPS issues i've been suffering from.

Apparently Wifi Calling was causing it... I'm guessing the Wifi calling E911 feature was overriding the GPS, which makes it so that when i leave the house its not de-overriding correctly meaning I had to reboot my phone everytime I left the house to get GPS working again.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Where's lollipop? It's been well over 90 days or is this phone not a flagship.

This phone isn't getting lollipop. I checked the HTC support page,and it looks like they gave up on it.

I asked a representative, and he said that it will not see the update.

This phone isn't getting lollipop. I checked the HTC support page,and it looks like they gave up on it.

I asked a representative, and he said that it will not see the update.

That's shitty it's just a big m7 how different can the software be

• 4 weeks later...