HTC One max [Tri-Band] (was "HTC "Phablet" aka "T6"")

themuffinman

I want to know what that black box is under the camera from the rumor picture.

It is the "black box."  It records data for HTC in the event of a phone crash.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_box_(transportation)

AJ

• Like 6

Why are there no stinkin HTC One Max rumors????  HTC needs to schedule an event soon to announce the HTC One Max with hopefully a surprise stylus feature to compete with the Galaxy Note 3.  Don't want to wait too long after the Galaxy Note 3 or iPhone 5S announcements.

There are a lot of oneMAX rumors. It's supposedly going to be revealed at IFA in germany this september. It also may or may not come with a microsd slot and improved ultra pixel camera. There is only about week to go before it's official.

Why are there no stinkin HTC One Max rumors????  HTC needs to schedule an event soon to announce the HTC One Max with hopefully a surprise stylus feature to compete with the Galaxy Note 3.  Don't want to wait too long after the Galaxy Note 3 or iPhone 5S announcements.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/08/28/htc-one-max-fingerprint-scanner-dual-sim/

Looks like it may be a fingerprint scanner after all.  Also these photos and leaks have all been for the chinese version so who knows if the fingerprint scanner will make it anywhere else.

Just curious for those thinking about purchasing this device,  If it didn't have a S-pen like feature like the Galaxy Note series, would it be a deal breaker to you? 

Basically without a S-pen feature, the HTC One Max would be like the LG Optimus G Pro with a large screen phablet but no S-pen.

Just curious for those thinking about purchasing this device,  If it didn't have a S-pen like feature like the Galaxy Note series, would it be a deal breaker to you? 

Basically without a S-pen feature, the HTC One Max would be like the LG Optimus G Pro with a large screen phablet but no S-pen.

Well most of my note 2 wielding friends don't actually use their stylus as much as they thought they would or don't even use it at all.  Now for me I would like to have a stylus with note 2/3 like functionality but its not a deal breaker.  The phone does need to have added features and not just be a larger One, if it is then I will probably end up with the note 3.  Oh and of course it needs to be tri-band or its a no buy for sure.

• Like 1

I hope that that fingerprint scanner doubles as a trackpad. I'm telling you all, that could be super useful for one handed use! I would be able to use my GIANT phone with one hand. Wouldn't that be super useful? 

I am also hoping that the phone either comes with a stylus or a stylus accessory. 

Something tells me these pics are for the China variant only. Is that Dual Sim or a SD Card slot and a Sim Slot?

The rumors all say dual sims, but with the size of the thing there is no reason why there wouldn't be a way to have an SD slot. I also feel a track pad would be more useful than a fingerprint scanner. My Samsung Moment's home button doubled as a track pad and it was useful since on smaller windows and Web pages it was easier to use the track pad than selecting or scrolling through things with my fat thumbs.

The rumors all say dual sims, but with the size of the thing there is no reason why there wouldn't be a way to have an SD slot. I also feel a track pad would be more useful than a fingerprint scanner. My Samsung Moment's home button doubled as a track pad and it was useful since on smaller windows and Web pages it was easier to use the track pad than selecting or scrolling through things with my fat thumbs.

Every time someone mentions the Samsung Moment an orphan dies.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

• Like 2

It was a lot better than the T-Mobile Wing that I had before it. I am excited about this phone and the other triband phones coming. I will probably end up getting whichever phone comes out first. My Evo 3D keeps freezing, going into infinite boot loops and the hour worth of battery charge is getting annoying. I just hope they get rid of that blink feed or whatever HTC calls it. When I looked at the One, I couldn't get past how much it reminded me of WP8. I do like the stereo speakers on the front. I imagine that would pair nicely with the giant screen to make for Netflix nirvana.

I hope that that fingerprint scanner doubles as a trackpad. I'm telling you all, that could be super useful for one handed use! I would be able to use my GIANT phone with one hand. Wouldn't that be super useful? 

I am also hoping that the phone either comes with a stylus or a stylus accessory. 

Something tells me these pics are for the China variant only. Is that Dual Sim or a SD Card slot and a Sim Slot?

Yes, its the chinese version which has dual sims.  The chinese version of the One was made in this exact same way so I would assume that non chinese version of the One Max won't have a removable back and of course just support for one sim.

It was a lot better than the T-Mobile Wing that I had before it. I am excited about this phone and the other triband phones coming. I will probably end up getting whichever phone comes out first. My Evo 3D keeps freezing, going into infinite boot loops and the hour worth of battery charge is getting annoying. I just hope they get rid of that blink feed or whatever HTC calls it. When I looked at the One, I couldn't get past how much it reminded me of WP8. I do like the stereo speakers on the front. I imagine that would pair nicely with the giant screen to make for Netflix nirvana.

I felt the same way about blinkfeed when I first saw it until I actually started using it regularly.  It's now the most used feature on the phone.  If the One Max didn't come with blinkfeed I would be a little upset.  This is definitely one of those "don't knock it until you try it" type situations.

• Like 3

I like the concept but feel they should have an option to turn it off. That being said, I think HTC has always had the best ui overlay for Android.

On a Chinese website, there were distinct task bar icons of a fingerprint, too... This phone does seem to have some interesting tricks up its sleeve. I really am excited to see what comes of it.

I really anxious to see what HTC comes out with for the HTC One Max to distinguish itself from the Galaxy Note 3 and the LG Optimus G Pro.  IFA can't come soon enough although I am more eager and interested to see the features and specs of the Galaxy Note 3.

I dont know if they will. Maybe they want to see the Note 3 before they unveil.

What is there to wait for?  HTC already knows what the Note 3 has instored for awhile now.  I think they need to strike around the same time as the Note 3.  HTC should be more proactive in trying to grab market share with the HTC One Max.  I am sure HTC has some folks at the Note 3 event and of course playing with the device at the experience center. 

Its pretty obvious what the HTC One Max will be which is a enlarged HTC One.  The main question that are still up in the air are whether it will have a S-pen feature, fingerprint scanner and removable battery/sd card slot.

• Like 3

I am really liking the actual features of the note 3 and I also like the more squared look like on the gs2 but god damn I hate that home botton and touch wiz is such an eyesore.  As far as htc though, I don't expect them to come up with as many features in comparison to the note 3 but they can't afford to wait until any other time to make an announcement.  They need to get people talking about the one max like how everyone is talking about the note 3 and have it released around the same time as well. But of course htc will probably find a way to screw this up.  

I am really liking the actual features of the note 3 and I also like the more squared look like on the gs2 but god damn I hate that home botton and touch wiz is such an eyesore.  As far as htc though, I don't expect them to come up with as many features in comparison to the note 3 but they can't afford to wait until any other time to make an announcement.  They need to get people talking about the one max like how everyone is talking about the note 3 and have it released around the same time as well. But of course htc will probably find a way to screw this up.  

They need people to start buzzing about the HTC One Max and need to announce it this upcoming week before Sept 10th because come Sept 10th all eyes will be focused on the iPhone 5S.

HTC has too been too hush hush about this HTC One Max considering that there have been a ton of questions of HTC management executives in the past few months and questions about whether Peter Chou can lead the company.  You would expect them to try to strike back fast against the Galaxy Note 3 with an event scheduled at IFA to get people thinking between the 2 devices.

@evleaks (A reliable source for leaks of devices.) has tweeted that the HTC T6 will officially be called the One Max, and that is is Sprint bound. Before, the only confirmed carrier was AT&T. Glad we have more news!

Saw that on the twitter Evleaks.  Glad to hear the HTC One Max is Sprint bound.  I am pretty positive it will be triband LTE.

• Like 3