HTC One max [Tri-Band] (was "HTC "Phablet" aka "T6"")

themuffinman

If it has LTE Band 26/41 support (800/2600), I would get it. That is, if it's the real McCoy.Robert via Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Is there an idea of when we are supposed to start seeing the 800/2600? I know they are supposed to start deployment this year but it seems like it is still a long way off unless cell sites already have it in them and just needs to be flipped ON after the correct authorization. Also what will happen since the clearwire acquisition is: 1) being delayed, and 2) if dish blocks it and is forced to liquidate?

If it has LTE Band 26/41 support (800/2600), I would get it. That is, if it's the real McCoy.Robert via Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Is there an idea of when we are supposed to start seeing the 800/2600? I know they are supposed to start deployment this year but it seems like it is still a long way off unless cell sites already have it in them and just needs to be flipped ON after the correct authorization. Also what will happen since the clearwire acquisition is: 1) being delayed, and 2) if dish blocks it and is forced to liquidate?

Tri-band devices will go on sale this summer, with smartphones going on sale this Fall. Clearwire has already starting deploying their TD-LTE network. Sprint will start deploying LTE 800 in June and start firing it up in July in some places. The future is upon us.

The Clearwire sale is not impacting their 2013 deployment plans.

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 1

Tri-band devices will go on sale this summer, with smartphones going on sale this Fall. Clearwire has already starting deploying their TD-LTE network. Sprint will start deploying LTE 800 in June and start firing it up in July in some places. The future is upon us.

I'm soooo exiiiited....i just can't hiiide it.  :blink:

I'll stop singing on the phone forum  ^_^

• Like 1

So worst case scenario, what happens to Clearwire's spectrum if they are forced to file bankruptcy? Or will Sprint just continue to fund them to keep them from liquidating? 

So worst case scenario, what happens to Clearwire's spectrum if they are forced to file bankruptcy? Or will Sprint just continue to fund them to keep them from liquidating?

In don't see bankruptcy in the cards. Sprint is in a better position to keep serving CLWR's debts than to lose most of its investment in bankruptcy. CLWR will be sold within 12 months. It's just a matter of to whom. And no matter who it is, it will take Sprint's blessing. Sprint owns 54% of Clearwire and has the ability to block any deal for control. Dish cannot be more than a minority holder without Sprint stock. Also, Clearwire cannot issue more shares without Sprint approval, either.

We are essentially currently in a stalemate. So the status quo will be maintained for the time being. And come December, Sprint can purchase Clearwire via simple majority vote. Of which, Sprint already has 54%.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 1

In don't see bankruptcy in the cards. Sprint is in a better position to keep serving CLWR's debts than to lose most of its investment in bankruptcy. CLWR will be sold within 12 months. It's just a matter of to whom. And no matter who it is, it will take Sprint's blessing. Sprint owns 54% of Clearwire and has the ability to block any deal for control. Dish cannot be more than a minority holder without Sprint stock. Also, Clearwire cannot issue more shares without Sprint approval, either.

We are essentially currently in a stalemate. So the status quo will be maintained for the time being. And come December, Sprint can purchase Clearwire via simple majority vote. Of which, Sprint already has 54%.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

What is the possibility of dish buying Sprint? I am in favor of Sprint remaining a US company but I also feel like dish would just ruin everything; in particular since Softbank has experience in this field. I cannot help but think dish would increase prices, not to mention it seems the average person does not like dish as a cable provider.

What is the possibility of dish buying Sprint? I am in favor of Sprint remaining a US company but I also feel like dish would just ruin everything; in particular since Softbank has experience in this field. I cannot help but think dish would increase prices, not to mention it seems the average person does not like dish as a cable provider.

Or in my case, any provider. I remember working at AT&T, Dish was a horrible company to work with. They had so many limitations on how to do things. They were a nightmare, honestly. I hope they don't take over Sprint, as you said, they will increase prices.

-Luis

• Like 1

Are the rumors that the HTC "T6" phablet will come out in Sept/Oct around the same time as the Note 3?  I'll be curious if this T6 phablet will have the same aluminum body as the HTC One and whether it will carry a stylus with HTC's own software.  I would really like to see HTC come out with a multiwindow function like Samsung. I think its great what Samsung has done with the multiwindow functionality.

LG makes an ok attempt with Qslide for multiwindow functionality but its applications are still very limited to LG's select few.  If LG can allow devs to develop for LG's Qslide it would help a lot.

Are the rumors that the HTC "T6" phablet will come out in Sept/Oct around the same time as the Note 3?  I'll be curious if this T6 phablet will have the same aluminum body as the HTC One and whether it will carry a stylus with HTC's own software.  I would really like to see HTC come out with a multiwindow function like Samsung. I think its great what Samsung has done with the multiwindow functionality.

LG makes an ok attempt with Qslide for multiwindow functionality but its applications are still very limited to LG's select few.  If LG can allow devs to develop for LG's Qslide it would help a lot.

Hopefully HTC will not be scared to do a split screen considering all the lawsuits back in 2012. They can use the same stylus and revampted software similar to the HTC Flyer/Evo View. Would be pretty cool though.

• Like 1

Hopefully HTC will not be scared to do a split screen considering all the lawsuits back in 2012. They can use the same stylus and revampted software similar to the HTC Flyer/Evo View. Would be pretty cool though.

I don't think HTC will be as scared to do a split screen functionality now considering that Samsung has made the bold move to lead the way.  Even LG has a slight variation of a split screen.  The reason Google made a big deal about multiwindow functionality on Android was that they were afraid that not all apps were able to support it and might screw up the user experience.  Thus far Samsung's implementation has not ruin user experience.

I had a view for a long time, and it was way ahead of its time.

Unfortunately, too ahead of its time.

I have a nexus, and still find myself missing the view.

• Like 1

I just came across this article:

http://www.androidpit.com/sketches-of-htc-t6-revealed

It looks like an HTC One... but the size of a Note 2... But the styling of HTC... BUT expandable memory (unlike the One, a dealbreaker for me to not have this)...

NOW... Imagine this with tri-band LTE... I think I would readily pick this over the Note 3, especially since I am more of an HTC fan than Samsung overall (although my wife's new GS4 is pretty awesome, if you ignore the plastic feel it has)...

EDIT: I realize there is a T6 thread under HTC, I guess my original intention was for this to be more of a tri-band based thread.. delete, merge or rename at will.

Ya that's just a transceiver capability which is already in use in last year's UE like Nexus 4, etc. MDM9x25 IP block is what interests me with CA and cat 4 capabilities :)

I hope the htc one max has a stylus like in the htc flyer with multiwindow support. If the phablet only has 16 gb of storage then they better add a microsd card slot for additional storage.

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

I really want to upgrade my phone but I do not want to get the One just for the "T6/Max" to come out month later. Any suggestions?

well what kinda phone are you looking for?  Screen size, whether it has tri-band LTE or single band LTE, brand, etc?  I have an upgrade I can use now too but I am going to wait until the tri-band LTE phones and I want a big screen size.  I am looking at getting the Galaxy Note 3 but that won't be until October which sucks since I want to upgrade now.  

I am curious if the HTC One Max phablet will be available by October as well.  I would like the opportunity to be able to test both devices out before deciding to upgrade.

well what kinda phone are you looking for?  Screen size, whether it has tri-band LTE or single band LTE, brand, etc?  I have an upgrade I can use now too but I am going to wait until the tri-band LTE phones and I want a big screen size.  I am looking at getting the Galaxy Note 3 but that won't be until October which sucks since I want to upgrade now.  

I am curious if the HTC One Max phablet will be available by October as well.  I would like the opportunity to be able to test both devices out before deciding to upgrade.

Honestly, I want the One Max if it is tri-band and has a stylus similar to the Htc Evo View. I am flexible with screen size so 4.7+ is not really an issue if it has the feel similar to the Note 2 and not like the Nexus 7.

Interesting. Possibly the Butterfly S heading to Sprint.

http://www.talkandroid.com/165587-htc-butterfly-s-rumored-to-head-to-sprint-not-verizon/

This I definitely don't believe, I still think this phone will only be available in the area's the J Butterfly was released.

This I definitely don't believe, I still think this phone will only be available in the area's the J Butterfly was released.

Yeah it didnt make sense to me either. I rather see the T6 pan out

• Like 2

Yeah it didnt make sense to me either. I rather see the T6 pan out

Exactly, this makes absolutely no sense at all.  I just don't see this happening.