Airave Owners

I have the 2.5 and the 2.0 (gave the 2.0 to my sis when i upgraded).  Set it as the DMZ host in your router, and works beautiful.  Percect call quality, always 100% signal.  Made having Sprint during the transition bearable

Just called and requested my replacement Airave since my old Samsung no longer works as of today.  They said they are sending me a 2.5 plus.  I wish I had called last week because my local cell site went down on Saturday after someone tried to steal copper from it.  Could be weeks or months before it's fixed as it's located on our local power company transmission tower and land and only they can repair it.  So very poor signal until the new Airave arrives.

I was also wondering the difference in between the 2.5 and the 2.5 plus. sprint is sending us one because of bad voice service. guess it will be fun to test and check things out on it

I was also wondering the difference in between the 2.5 and the 2.5 plus. sprint is sending us one because of bad voice service. guess it will be fun to test and check things out on it

I'm gonna guess the 2.5+ has a 1xA carrier in addition to PCS. I say this because I was out today in a strip mall and connected to an airave that I was on the fringe of. I noticed that it wasn't just 1X that I connected to but 1x800. Wish I grabbed a screen shot. I was maybe 300-400 feet away and had great speeds at low signal.

• Like 1

I'm gonna guess the 2.5+ has a 1xA carrier in addition to PCS. I say this because I was out today in a strip mall and connected to an airave that I was on the fringe of. I noticed that it wasn't just 1X that I connected to but 1x800. Wish I grabbed a screen shot. I was maybe 300-400 feet away and had great speeds at low signal.

That's awesome. I was hoping it would come in today. It made it to the closest ups place near me and was just hoping. So I'll just have to wait till Monday.. I have the iphone 5 and galaxy s3 so I'll have to do some messing around with it.

That's strange.  All four lights are green now but phone will not connect to it.  My old Samsung Airave would connect immediately.

Were you able to get it to connect or is it still happening? This will be the first time for me getting an airave and I hope it won't be defective, and have to send it back

Were you able to get it to connect or is it still happening? This will be the first time for me getting an airave and I hope it won't be defective, and have to send it back

I had this problem for a couple weeks on my 2.5. It was only limited to my phone. My wife and daughter could connect with no issues. It eventually just worked itself out. Try leaving the phone next to the airave for 10-20 minutes so that it sees the airave as a strong signal. Unless there's a problem with your unit maybe?

Were you able to get it to connect or is it still happening?

Still happening.

I had this problem for a couple weeks on my 2.5. It was only limited to my phone. My wife and daughter could connect with no issues. It eventually just worked itself out. Try leaving the phone next to the airave for 10-20 minutes so that it sees the airave as a strong signal. Unless there's a problem with your unit maybe?

I waited about 6 hours and my phone still wouldn't connect to it.  Had the phone in the same room right next to it for at least 2 hours.  I don't think it's a problem with the unit because an older Samsung flip we have connects to it fine.  It appears to be an incompatibility issue with the LG Optimus G and the 2.5 Plus Airave.  I'm going to have a friend bring over another LG OG and see if it can connect.

Still happening.

I waited about 6 hours and my phone still wouldn't connect to it.  Had the phone in the same room right next to it for at least 2 hours.  I don't think it's a problem with the unit because an older Samsung flip we have connects to it fine.  It appears to be an incompatibility issue with the LG Optimus G and the 2.5 Plus Airave.  I'm going to have a friend bring over another LG OG and see if it can connect.

I would call airave support. I had a problem a month ago where my phone wouldn't connect, separate from the previous mention. Turns out my airave was transmitting on channel 1175 which is not in the PRL for my region to be scanned. This meant my phone would never find it. I edited my PRL and added that channel in. I wonder if you can get to an engineering screen on that older phone?

Unless you happen to be savvy in PRL editing and DFS or similar CDMA tools?

Unless you happen to be savvy in PRL editing and DFS or similar CDMA tools?

I don't know anything about PRL editing.  Sprint should make sure that the Airave works correctly with every phone, PRL etc.  You shouldn't have to mess around with the PRL to get it to work.  But I will call tech support and see what they can do tomorrow and mention what you said about the channel thing.

Ok so I called tech support and they fixed it.   There was nothing wrong with the Airave channel (225) and the channel my phone was on from the regular network (25).  They had me reprogram the phone with the handsfree activation thing and then update profile, PRL.  All things I had already tried yesterday but for some reason today it worked.  He claimed that sometimes certain smartphones will get stuck on a channel and have to be reset like this to pick up the Airave.

So far good results.  Calls sound good, texts send out fine and the data speeds are the same as what I normally get from my DSL connection.  I did have to hook up the GPS antenna and run it to the window as the red light would intermittently come on and blink.  But now it's fine with the antenna.

So just got the airave today. It took awhile, sprint sent it to the wrong address and it took some calls to figure out what all happened. They were able to send the driver back out to our area to the right address! Least I knew him and he was cool with it. The setup up took awhile and it didn't activate the mobile network. So I called and the lady was very helpful and got it up and working for me! Haven't got to try it out much but the full bars are great to see again!!

What is the difference between the Airave 2.5 and 2.5+

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4

airave 2.5 plus is suppose to handoff to the regular cell network

I understood that the original 2.5 will handoff to the cell network when leaving airave coverage, but wouldn't transfer a existing call when entering airave coverage.  So does the 2.5+ handoff both ways?

I understood that the original 2.5 will handoff to the cell network when leaving airave coverage, but wouldn't transfer a existing call when entering airave coverage.  So does the 2.5+ handoff both ways?

I have tried this, and i haven't got it to work. I've had no issue with the handoff between the airave and cell coverage. It took me awhile to get away from airave coverage. When i was out of its coverage I made a call and then walked back to the coverage of the airave I still had the same amount of bars i did with cell network. Then I made it upstairs to where the airave is setting, and then my bars dropped, and then the call failed. So I'm not for sure if it works or not but i wasn't able to get the phone to transfer from cell coverage to airave coverage. Maybe someone else would be able to test it, and let us know!

So does the 2.5+ handoff both ways?

Incoming handoff to the Airave is not possible.  In its neighbor list, a local cell site cannot know the PN offset of every Airave in the area.

AJ