Galaxy S3 Drops LTE Every 2-3 Hours

supersanborn

Has anyone noticed that their Sprint Galaxy S3's occasionally seem to drop LTE after being steadily connected and not changing locations? My signal is -90dbm, and the connection seems relatively strong, but like clockwork, after 3 hours maximum, I switch back to 3G and am unable to get LTE back without toggling airplane mode.

Has anyone noticed that their Sprint Galaxy S3's occasionally seem to drop LTE after being steadily connected and not changing locations? My signal is -90dbm, and the connection seems relatively strong, but like clockwork, after 3 hours maximum, I switch back to 3G and am unable to get LTE back without toggling airplane mode.

Wow, I've never seen or heard that one yet. Can you get the phenomenon to repeat on different sites too? My GS3 has been rocky steady in LTE areas so far. The only time it will drop is in weak signal areas. I've never had it drop in strong or moderate signal areas like that.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Wow, I've never seen or heard that one yet. Can you get the phenomenon to repeat on different sites too? My GS3 has been rocky steady in LTE areas so far. The only time it will drop is in weak signal areas. I've never had it drop in strong or moderate signal areas like that.

It has also happened to me in Atlanta. Roughly the same use case though I can only infer that I had relatively good signal strength since I was regularly pulling down 6Mbps+, and it was the same type of behavior. After a few hours of use, it would just unceremoniously put me back on 3G and I would have to use Airplane mode (and once a reboot).

It has also happened to me in Atlanta. Roughly the same use case though I can only infer that I had relatively good signal strength since I was regularly pulling down 6Mbps+, and it was the same type of behavior. After a few hours of use, it would just unceremoniously put me back on 3G and I would have to use Airplane mode (and once a reboot).

The next time it happens, check your LTE signal strength when you reconnect on your LTE Engineering screen. I'm curious ton see if your experiencing cell breathing.

• 3 weeks later...

The next time it happens, check your LTE signal strength when you reconnect on your LTE Engineering screen. I'm curious ton see if your experiencing cell breathing.

I thought OFDMA techs didn't do this?

I thought OFDMA techs didn't do this?

It's not supposed to. However, I have experienced some phenomenon where I believe that cell breathing may be occurring anyway. And it may be just a momentary thing and not like previous generations. But it may be just long enough to have your device lose connection. Given the rescan times on most Sprint LTE devices, it could get rather annoying if it's occurring.