Samsung Galaxy S4 [L720 Single Band] User Thread

z250kid

Its the apps 2 SD update. Plus a bunch of other things. The file is 357mb. Much, much better now.Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Nice! Any new features on the device or overall speed improvements?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Is it a patch for the "Android exploit that affects 90+% of Android handsets"? I say that in quotes as I read that on a few blogs here and there. No internal documents regarding an OTA for the Sprint GS4 that I've seen yet.

No. The S4 was already immune from that exploit straight from the factory.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

You just rename it to "Update.zip" and flash it in recovery right?

Edit: Figured it out. That's the right procedure.

• 4 weeks later...

So just go the s4 August 9 and while i was in a city with no LTE a screen popped up that said "Unable to establish a wireless Internet connection ehrpd:11" (I have also gotten the same issue with it saying ehrpd:4), after that 3g icon went away and then for a while 15 seconds it had 4g icon and disappeared, has anyone else had this issue, I'm running stock MF9. Closes LTE is 3 miles away and I know it doesnt reach the area were I was, my brothers note2 couldn't get his to hit LTE so dont know if it was a mistake, bu the icon also turned green and orange on the arrow s just like 3g

Ive gotten that same error message I dont think it means anything just something wrong with the firmware. I live in sacramento and travel to sf bay area alot and have gotten the same error message a couple times

Ive gotten that same error message I dont think it means anything just something wrong with the firmware. I live in sacramento and travel to sf bay area alot and have gotten the same error message a couple timesSent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Yeah, just hope that the 4g icon showing up means their testing LTE closer to me :)

• 2 weeks later...

Galaxy S4 users who need more power now have a nice new option! Behold, the Mophie Juice Pack for the Samsung Galaxy S4!

Android Central posted a nice article with pictures. Pricing is $99.99 and it will come in Black, White, Pink, & Red.

http://www.androidcentral.com/mophie-juice-pack-samsung-galaxy-s4

• Like 2

Finally! The good devs at XDA have found a way to SIM unlock the S4. This is useful for those whom Sprint refuses to send the OTA unlock (i.e. within first 90 days of contract), or are on a Sprint MVNO like Ting.

Unfortunately this method only unlocks for international GSM. Access to domestic GSM networks (e.g. AT&T, T-Mobile) is still restricted to 911 only. Hopefully a fix for that limitation is forthcoming.

Root is not required for this to work, but you'll only have voice and SMS working. To also enable MMS and data, the build.prop file needs to be amended (which does require root access), which will then fix the Samsung bug that doesn't allow you to edit the APN.

Finally! The good devs at XDA have found a way to SIM unlock the S4. This is useful for those whom Sprint refuses to send the OTA unlock (i.e. within first 90 days of contract), or are on a Sprint MVNO like Ting.

Unfortunately this method only unlocks for international GSM. Access to domestic GSM networks (e.g. AT&T, T-Mobile) is still restricted to 911 only. Hopefully a fix for that limitation is forthcoming.

Root is not required for this to work, but you'll only have voice and SMS working. To also enable MMS and data, the build.prop file needs to be amended (which does require root access), which will then fix the Samsung bug that doesn't allow you to edit the APN.

Thats awesome news! just have to wait now for use with domestic sims hopefully won't be to long now

Thats awesome news! just have to wait now for use with domestic sims hopefully won't be to long now

Not going to happen.

This message brought to you in part by Sprint and the letters GS and the number 4

Ive gotten that same error message I dont think it means anything just something wrong with the firmware. I live in sacramento and travel to sf bay area alot and have gotten the same error message a couple times

LTE now active were I got the error and 4g icon appearing for like 12 seconds.

Not going to happen.

There have been a few scattered reports of people being able to use ATT/T-Mo SIMs after their S4 or One were unlocked by Sprint. I don't know how they got so lucky, but never say never!

There have been a few scattered reports of people being able to use ATT/T-Mo SIMs after their S4 or One were unlocked by Sprint. I don't know how they got so lucky, but never say never!

Never

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

Does anyone know if forcing 'roam only' mode via Roam Control disables the PCS band (thereby forcing the phone to scan for Band 0) like it does on older Samsung phones like the S3? If possible I'd like to test how extensively the USCC network has been scaled back around Chicago.

• 2 weeks later...