HTC ONE user thread

jegillis

I noticed over on the Sprint boards some are getting a error with the One M7 about unable to establish a wireless data connection. LTE: EMM-65535. Has anyone see this??

multiple times every day. It's usually when you're in a 3G state

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

I noticed over on the Sprint boards some are getting a error with the One M7 about unable to establish a wireless data connection. LTE: EMM-65535.  Has anyone see this?? 

I get that occasionally on my regular One, actually.

I get that occasionally on my regular One, actually.

The M7 is the regular "One"

I noticed over on the Sprint boards some are getting a error with the One M7 about unable to establish a wireless data connection. LTE: EMM-65535.  Has anyone see this?? 

I get this whenever i finish a call, start a call on 3G or when sending a text occasionally when i'm in between sties.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know how to disable 1x800 on the M7? My wife's phone seems to prefer the lower signal of 1x800 over the higher 1xrtt signal for some reason, and it is killing her battery. We have a 1900mhz repeater in the house, pointed straight at the tower. So there is no reason for the phone to be choosing 800mhz over 1900mhz.

This is a replacement phone, and it is now doing the same thing as the one that it replaced. Sprint is, of course. giving her the runaround.

Does anyone know how to disable 1x800 on the M7? My wife's phone seems to prefer the lower signal of 1x800 over the higher 1xrtt signal for some reason, and it is killing her battery. We have a 1900mhz repeater in the house, pointed straight at the tower. So there is no reason for the phone to be choosing 800mhz over 1900mhz.

This is a replacement phone, and it is now doing the same thing as the one that it replaced. Sprint is, of course. giving her the runaround.

Could flash a PRL that does not favor 1x800

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Could flash a PRL that does not favor 1x800

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Do they prefer 800 over 1900, even with a higher signal strength? the signal is -105db on 1x800 and -79db on 1xrtt. I had her unplug the repeater and plug it back in, and her phone went back to 1xrtt. None of my phones exhibit this issue, only hers.

• 2 weeks later...

we are having terrible problems with being able to receive calls right now on her phone. she can make calls, as well as send and receive text messages and data. its driving me nuts! now my m8 is also doing the same thing. my s4(different account), does not have the problems. the 1x800 issue seems to have gone away for the most part..

i have tried all the tricks i know of, to no avail. does anyone have any suggestions? im losing what little hair i have left.

Giving it a shot now. I've been having some battery issues lately, possibly around Google Maps since there's high CPU usage while I'm driving (and not using navigation or any other phone features).

Any reaction to it so far?

I got it last night. I like the scrolling feature of blinkfeed. The themes are... Okay. New notification sounds will take a bit to get used to.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I got it this morning.  I do like it, but my contacts won't sync to the exchange server.  My mail & calendar sync just fine, but my contacts won't yet and that's a problem.  Anybody seen this problem yet?

HTC%20One%20post%20Sense%206%20update.jp

we are having terrible problems with being able to receive calls right now on her phone. she can make calls, as well as send and receive text messages and data. its driving me nuts! now my m8 is also doing the same thing. my s4(different account), does not have the problems. the 1x800 issue seems to have gone away for the most part..

i have tried all the tricks i know of, to no avail. does anyone have any suggestions? im losing what little hair i have left.

I finally managed to get someone at Sprint who knew what they were doing, and thought I would pass on the results so that others may benefit.

The problem with both phones was Google Voice. removing Google voice from the phone accounts seems to have solved the issues with not being able to receive phone calls. She explained that something gets messed up with Google voice, and it never delivers the call to the phone. It has been 12 hours now, and we are both still receiving calls normally. I had to escalate to the Network Issues team to find someone who knew what to look for. She told me that she was absolutely positive that this would fix the problem, as she had seen it many times before. She seems to have been right.

She told me i could add it back on immediately, but i probably wont. We really only used it for the call filtering feature. Well, it filtered too much... ;)

I finally managed to get someone at Sprint who knew what they were doing, and thought I would pass on the results so that others may benefit.

The problem with both phones was Google Voice. removing Google voice from the phone accounts seems to have solved the issues with not being able to receive phone calls. She explained that something gets messed up with Google voice, and it never delivers the call to the phone. It has been 12 hours now, and we are both still receiving calls normally. I had to escalate to the Network Issues team to find someone who knew what to look for. She told me that she was absolutely positive that this would fix the problem, as she had seen it many times before. She seems to have been right.

She told me i could add it back on immediately, but i probably wont. We really only used it for the call filtering feature. Well, it filtered too much... ;)

Google voice is awesome but it has caused havoc one too many times for me to consider using it ever again.  The last issue I had with google voice, my main line was basically hijacked.  I couldn't make or receive calls or texts and it took a week for sprint and google to figure out what was going on.

Google voice is awesome but it has caused havoc one too many times for me to consider using it ever again.  The last issue I had with google voice, my main line was basically hijacked.  I couldn't make or receive calls or texts and it took a week for sprint and google to figure out what was going on.

I probably wont go back either. I only used it for a couple of reasone. 1) I hate the visual voicemail app. 2) Call screening. but the app needs a LOT more work for it to really be viable. I guess ill stick with visual voicemail, because I don't want this happening again.

Went over to Sprint.com and checked out the community forums.  Plenty of people having problems after the update syncing their contacts via an exchange server.  The fix is to delete the exchange account on the phone and then add it back.  Stupid, but it works.  FYI.

DM

Sorry, not using it as my main phone right now.  I just went ahead and checked to see if the update was available and downloaded it with wifi.

With any major update I think its always good to perform a hard reset, that would probably eliminate 90% of all complaints.

Went over to Sprint.com and checked out the community forums.  Plenty of people having problems after the update syncing their contacts via an exchange server.  The fix is to delete the exchange account on the phone and then add it back.  Stupid, but it works.  FYI.

DM

Thanks for this.  I had not noticed the problem, and this fix worked for me.  A small pain, but tolerable.

Sure thing.  Happy to help.

One more suggestion (maybe) to those of you seeing fast battery drain after the update:  I was too until the sync bug I mentioned above forced me to reboot a few times.  It's been a few hours since my last charge and I'm only at 88% even with some heavy usage of calls, texting and browsing.

FWIW,

DM

• 1 month later...