HTC ONE user thread

jegillis

I thought the One was capable of voice and data at the same time while on LTE, but that has not been the case for me. I tried doing speed tests when on a call (in an LTE area) and they fail every time.

The HTC One does support SVLTE.  If the speed test "fails," that indicates a network signal problem, possibly a handset problem.

AJ

Never mind. Instead of a speed test, I opened up Chrome and was able to go to various sites while on a call in an LTE area this morning. Maybe it's something with Sensorly. Anyway, it's nice to have that functionality!

Well don't get use to it because the svlte days are long gone being that all current and future tri-band devices doesn't support that functionality. 

The HTC One does support SVLTE.  If the speed test "fails," that indicates a network signal problem, possibly a handset problem.

AJ

My one no longer stays connected to lte when I am on a call.  My girl wanted my Max so I gave that to her and took her One to use for myself and that one doesn't connect to lte when I am on a call either.  Looks like both are having some sort of antenna issues.  I wonder how many people are having this exact same issue?

Well, I'll just have to hang on to my One for a bit...

Yep.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone on here who is rooted...what's currently your favorite ROM? I'm looking for some suggestions of new ones to try out, so I figured there might be some ideas on here.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Anyone on here who is rooted...what's currently your favorite ROM? I'm looking for some suggestions of new ones to try out, so I figured there might be some ideas on here.Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Currently I am running OMJ's latest badboy ROM. No issues with the ROM at all. Been a big fan of his work for years.

Currently I am running OMJ's latest badboy ROM. No issues with the ROM at all. Been a big fan of his work for years.

After reading the install info, I'm a bit lost. Do I need to upgrade firmware? I was on 4.4.2 before I even rooted, so I'm assuming my firmware and radios, etc are all fine. Can I just go straight for the flash? First time I've really seen this intensive of a process for flashing a new ROM, but then again I am new to this. Thanks for any help.

After reading the install info, I'm a bit lost. Do I need to upgrade firmware? I was on 4.4.2 before I even rooted, so I'm assuming my firmware and radios, etc are all fine. Can I just go straight for the flash? First time I've really seen this intensive of a process for flashing a new ROM, but then again I am new to this. Thanks for any help.

You already have the latest firmware so no need to flash that.

• Like 1

Anyone use the mophie on there one? Curious on how good it works. And if any protection it has.

Sent from my LG G2 on the Now Network

I don't use one personally, but the guy I work with does. It would probably save the device in a fall, but that thing turns a beautifully designed and built phone into an ugly hulking behemoth. It's quite heavy but I guess that is to be expected (it feels heavier than holding my Galaxy Tab 3). He get's a free charge out of it, but I would rather carry a second universal battery than deal with the mophie.

I don't use one personally, but the guy I work with does. It would probably save the device in a fall, but that thing turns a beautifully designed and built phone into an ugly hulking behemoth. It's quite heavy but I guess that is to be expected (it feels heavier than holding my Galaxy Tab 3). He get's a free charge out of it, but I would rather carry a second universal battery than deal with the mophie.

I like the HTC one and it looks fantastic but, for me at least, it felt light(just like my GN2 and LgG2) I think with the mophie it would feel better. If I get a one I might try the mophie. Currently have the Zerolemon on my G2 and not 100% happy about it, plus my phone drops signal crazy when a friends one gets signal fine. Thanks for the answer though.

I like the HTC one and it looks fantastic but, for me at least, it felt light(just like my GN2 and LgG2) I think with the mophie it would feel better. If I get a one I might try the mophie. Currently have the Zerolemon on my G2 and not 100% happy about it, plus my phone drops signal crazy when a friends one gets signal fine. Thanks for the answer though.

It wasnt just the weight that bothered me, but the bulk as well. Its literally like taping another phone to the back, and it added considerable more height to an already "tall" phone. I can ask him Tuesday to check how it affects signal strength, he uses AT&T though so not sure if the Sprint version would be effected the same way.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

I know part of my issue I think is that my tri band phone vs a single band phone. A friend of mine has a brand new One and wants a Note 2 so I might trade with him. He's all about Samsung this Samsung that lol

• 2 weeks later...

Another vote her for OMJ's BadBoy KitKat ROM. Was running the old Viper (not ViperROM) but dev stopped at JB. Support by OMJ and Benny3 is outstanding.

BTW - how's your battery on stock 4.4.2? I noticed a precipitous drop after flashing from JB, so much so I'm testing a custom Kernel now to see if it helps.

not sure why my quoted posts aren't showing here...

But is it worth going from my g2 to the one?

It really depends on what you are looking for in a device, so basically only you can answer that question.

• 5 weeks later...