HTC ONE user thread

jegillis

Found wifi finally here, so I applied the update. Sense 5.5 is interesting. Also this connection optimizer thing. Any idea if that's worthwhile?

It has been around for a while and personally its a kind of annoying. After the update I turned it back off. It likes to turn WiFi on even when you have it off. Example would be if you are in a Starbucks and you have LTE and you turned off WiFi to save battery. Well the optimizer is still on and senses Starbucks WiFi and fully turns it on and prompts you to to connect. We all know Starbucks WiFi isn't the best. I turned it off since I like full control when the WiFi is on or off.

I hate going through the Starbucks drive thru and it connects to their WiFi. Which we all know means your data stops working. Because you have to go in and accept their TOS before it works. So I'm always scrambling to turn off my WiFi while waiting for my Caramel Flan Latte.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 3

I hate going through the Starbucks drive thru and it connects to their WiFi. Which we all know means your data stops working. Because you have to go in and accept their TOS before it works. So I'm always scrambling to turn off my WiFi while waiting for my Caramel Flan Latte.

Isn't there a notification when you have to log in to a wifi like that that lets you ignore it and go back to data?

Here is a minor list of changes I have noticed from playing with it a little (I am no expert at these writes like some of the members here).

-Blinkfeed can be turned off.

Yay.

-The notification bar on top is transparent like on the N5 and all icons are white like the clock, battery indicator, etc.

They are all white now, except for the battery which is green or red or yellow.

Again, this is a quick little update, if I have left any please feel free to add or let me know I can add it in. Hope this helps, thanks guys.

Isn't there a notification when you have to log in to a wifi like that that lets you ignore it and go back to data?

Not for attwifi.  :td:

Robert

I too am happy with the upgrade to Kit Kat. So far, I am liking the white battery icon. It is actually easier to see. I also liked the fact that I was able to customize the quick setting menu, and that it is easier to get to the quick settings menu.

Also, my battery life seems much better.

As for the Sprint Network Optimizer, it at least does not seem as annoying as the version that was on the Sprint EVO. Still, though, I think I will try to disable it.

I wish I still had my One. Is the phone still as snappy as ever? Also, does 4.4.2 bring Photosphere? It's a feature I'm really liking on my N5.

-Luis

As far as responsiveness its just as snappy as my nexus.  Other than a difference in benchmarks you really can't tell the different between the One running 4.4.2 with sense and the nexus 5 running 4.4.2 stock.

• Like 1

I will probably switch back to my One later tonight or tomorrow. Has anyone noticed if the audio changed since the beats separation took place a few months back? Obviously hardware won't change but if the software has.

Beats audio is still there.

I will probably switch back to my One later tonight or tomorrow. Has anyone noticed if the audio changed since the beats separation took place a few months back? Obviously hardware won't change but if the software has.

Beats audio will only be removed on future handsets since the ones previously licensed to use the name and software have been sold already.

• Like 1

Beats audio will only be removed on future handsets since the ones previously licensed to use the name and software have been sold already.

HTC did say that there may still be a possibility that future devices may come with beats audio even though beats bought back their shares.

You guys are just Beatsing a dead horse.

:P

AJ

• Like 4

Stop trying to BoomSound bigger then you are AJ. :td:

After that Super Bowl domination, I fully expect to see the Legion of BoomSound debut any day now.

AJ

• Like 2

I use this handy little app. Record the login of any network that requires some form of login information. Whether it's a username and password or just checking a box, this app will automate it all to run in the background once you connect to a network it recognizes.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=co.uk.syslynx.wifiwebloginapp

Has a timed free trial, the paid version is definitely worth it.

Sent from my Rooted HTC ONE running ViperOne 3.5.

• Like 2

I use this handy little app. Record the login of any network that requires some form of login information. Whether it's a username and password or just checking a box, this app will automate it all to run in the background once you connect to a network it recognizes.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=co.uk.syslynx.wifiwebloginapp

Has a timed free trial, the paid version is definitely worth it.

Sent from my Rooted HTC ONE running ViperOne 3.5.

Excellent suggestion. I have no problem paying for something useful. :tu:

• Like 1

Yes, Beats is still there.  However, I've turned it off in favor of this instead:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.noozxoidelabs.eizo.rewirepro&hl=en

(Free lite version: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.noozxoidelabs.eizo.rewirep&hl=en)

I suggest Googling it for further info/reviews.

• Like 1

Yes, Beats is still there.  However, I've turned it off in favor of this instead:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.noozxoidelabs.eizo.rewirepro&hl=en

(Free lite version: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.noozxoidelabs.eizo.rewirep&hl=en)

I suggest Googling it for further info/reviews.

Lol, they're both free now :P

-Luis

• Like 1

Anyone played around with the GoogleHome launcher on the HTC One? It is pretty cool. Basically makes the HTC launcher the same as the Nexus 5 "experience". Currently not on the android market and needs to be side loaded. So far I am liking it. You get the HTC One build quality and front speakers with pure android feel. Yes I know there are ROMs to do this and other launchers but I personally feel the launchers from the market never work properly and while I know how to root I personally prefer stock.

P.S. it also addes the "Downloads" app on the stock HTC One. Not sure why Sprint doesn't like the downloads app on their htc devices. Normally I would either download a device manager or go through the HTC browser's setting to get to downloads.