HTC ONE user thread

jegillis

bummed that sprint is not provisioning wifi calling (according to what I'm reading on XDA) on the M7

my understanding is that sprint disabled it on the M7 even though they left the app. I run custom rom so it's not in there.

• 1 month later...

So, two years in on this phone, just a few thoughts:

Lollipop is great. I love the new notifications handling and the unlocking.

I am still happy with the stereo speakers and I have no complaints about the display. Well, just my original complaint about the polarization not being diagonal. Or whatever.

It's always been a little laggy for me and it still is. It gets worse as the storage fills up and better when I make some space.

I still love the design. It hasn't gotten old for me.

The real reason I'm posting is the reception. My city is fully implemented with LTE (maybe they all are, I don't know), but I am rarely connected to LTE. 3G has gotten a lot better but there are significant coverage gaps in places there shouldn't be. Does my experience agree with the general consensus on this phone or is it likely Sprint just middling in my area?

I was always able to live with the camera, and thought the enhanced low light functioning was a reasonable tradeoff. But recently the photos almost always have a weird pink cast/visible matrix to them. I attribute this to dropping the phone in some water some time ago but the timing doesn't necessarily match up.

With some interesting new phones coming out I'm trying to figure out whether to try for a TEP replacement on this one or buy an M9 or S6 or something else, and whether to switch carriers.

When my sister takes a call on her m7, it sounds garbled and like static. If she switches it to speaker, it works like normal and the call is clear. Anyone have anything like this happen?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

So, two years in on this phone, just a few thoughts:

Lollipop is great. I love the new notifications handling and the unlocking.

I am still happy with the stereo speakers and I have no complaints about the display. Well, just my original complaint about the polarization not being diagonal. Or whatever.

It's always been a little laggy for me and it still is. It gets worse as the storage fills up and better when I make some space.

I still love the design. It hasn't gotten old for me.

The real reason I'm posting is the reception. My city is fully implemented with LTE (maybe they all are, I don't know), but I am rarely connected to LTE. 3G has gotten a lot better but there are significant coverage gaps in places there shouldn't be. Does my experience agree with the general consensus on this phone or is it likely Sprint just middling in my area?

I was always able to live with the camera, and thought the enhanced low light functioning was a reasonable tradeoff. But recently the photos almost always have a weird pink cast/visible matrix to them. I attribute this to dropping the phone in some water some time ago but the timing doesn't necessarily match up.

With some interesting new phones coming out I'm trying to figure out whether to try for a TEP replacement on this one or buy an M9 or S6 or something else, and whether to switch carriers.

Just my personal opinion is that since you should be eligible for an upgrade, I'd recommend that you get the M9 when it official goes on sale at Sprint.

Last year, I upgraded from the M7 to the M8, and there was a big difference. Larger screen, and better performance.

Personally, I'm not going to be upgrading this year, because the M9 is very similar to the M8. But, I was still on the M7, I would certainly upgrade to the M9.

• Like 1

Does anyone know what the receiver sensitivity range is for an HTC One (M7)? It seems to work OK with signals as weak as -100dBm (1xRTT). Also wondering if it is possible to overdrive the receiver with a strong signal. The best signal I've had was -49dBM (1xRTT) and -35dBM (for EVDO) and the call quality was excellent.