HTC ONE user thread

jegillis

I was set on stopping by a Sprint store to check out the One this weekend, but it turns out that I won't have to. My brother bought one instead! I concur with everyone else who has put their hands on this phone. It is gorgeous!

What makes it even better is that my brother and his fiancé switched from Verizon to Sprint. I wonder how many other subs will switch over from Big Red since they aren't carrying the One. Also, I'd like to think my past few months of babbling on about Sprint's NV upgrades and my lobbying for them to switch to Sprint had something to do with it as well. :D

Now, to borrow the One when he isn't looking... :ninja:

It got me to make the jump from big red. First day on the now network and everything running great on the one.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

• Like 6

Finally got home and pulled it off the porch a few minutes ago. Really solid phone. Haven't been able to get it activated yet. Won't be able to test it out on LTE for some time (unless there's some surprise on a tower here in Springfield that I missed).

• Like 1

This phone is awesome. Maybe not quite as earth-shatteringly awesome as I'd hoped but still pretty incredible.

It reminds me more of the One X than I would've thought by looking at it online.

It does seem to run pretty hot.

I am a little disappointed that it doesn't seem to be a better fringe 1X/EVDO performer than my 3D. I may be jumping the gun on that though.

Gorgeous screen, love the in hand feel, strong speakers.

Setup options are a little overwhelming.

Can't wait to go find some LTE tomorrow.

Won't be able to test it out on LTE for some time (unless there's some surprise on a tower here in Springfield that I missed).

Well, you left cosmopolitan Kansas City for the Ozarks, so what do you expect?

;)

AJ

This is the official promoting AJ's post....errr post.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-342-updated-all-for-htc-one-htc-one-for-all/

Got the One for the wife yesterday and she promptly filed divorce papers so she could marry it! i got to play with it and it is a pretty slick phone. Taking a road trip today. I will see if I can convince the wife to run sensorly the entire time.

• Like 1

Day 2 with the One and I've got a couple of questions:

1. Maybe I missed something, but I'm using the stock browser and Flash won't work. In the webpage I'm trying to use, it gives me the chance to download Flash Player, but when I select it I getting an error that says "We're Sorry, this content requires Adobe Flash Player which is not supported by your device." Help.
  2. What the heck is the "Sprint Default Configuration?" The phone keeps telling me it has downloaded this and is ready to install. I like the way my phone is set up now that I've spent a day with it and I'm not interesting in something screwing it iup. Can I disable that prompt?
  3. I have noticed that sometimes my Back & Home buttons are lit and sometimes not. Is that tied to a setting, the light sensor or what?

Charged the battery overnight and I'm going to see how it lasts today. Love the phone so far.

Peace,

DM

Edited by DavoM

Day 2 with the One and I've got a couple of questions:

1. Maybe I missed something, but I'm using the stock browser and Flash won't work. In the webpage I'm trying to use, it gives me the chance to download Flash Player, but when I select it I getting an error that says "We're Sorry, this content requires Adobe Flash Player which is not supported by your device." Help.
  2. What the heck is the "Sprint Default Configuration?" The phone keeps telling me it has downloaded this and is ready to install. I like the way my phone is set up now that I've spent a day with it and I'm not interesting in something screwing it iup. Can I disable that prompt?
  3. I have noticed that sometimes my Back & Home buttons are lit and sometimes not. Is that tied to a setting, the light sensor or what?

Charged the battery overnight and I'm going to see how it lasts today. Love the phone so far.

Peace,

DM

I don't know about this phone, but on my Evo, you have to click menu, then Enable Flash Player.

• Like 1

I don't know about this phone, but on my Evo, you have to click menu, then Enable Flash Player.

Booooyaaaaaaa! Got it. Thanks so much. If it was a snake, it would have bitten me.

I did figure out that the Back & Home buttons get lit because of the light sensor on the top front of the phone.

I'd love to know anyone's thoughts on the "Sprint Default Configuration."

Booooyaaaaaaa! Got it. Thanks so much. If it was a snake, it would have bitten me.

I did figure out that the Back & Home buttons get lit because of the light sensor on the top front of the phone.

I'd love to know anyone's thoughts on the "Sprint Default Configuration."

I think the default configuration just gives you a Sprint id number. At least that's what I have read, I haven't brought myself to do it yet either.

I think the default configuration just gives you a Sprint id number. At least that's what I have read, I haven't brought myself to do it yet either.

This is the sprint bloatware download, it installs sprint tv and such

For me I picked up lte also in places I didn't BUT when I grip the phone I loose up to -20 dBm.

How exactly are you holding it? Left hand or right hand? Just curious as to why others aren't seeing this to the extreme you are. It would suck if you had gotten a bad phone.

How exactly are you holding it? Left hand or right hand? Just curious as to why others aren't seeing this to the extreme you are. It would suck if you had gotten a bad phone.

I usually use left when surfing/texting. I am going to Best Buy now to exchange, it HAS to be a bad phone because there are no other bloggers reporting this issue.

I get the issue when phone is idle by holding with my left hand on the bottom. As soon as its active though it switches to the top antenna and I have great signal again.

I am really liking the HTC One quite a bit, sense 5 is so smooth and blinkfeed is pretty useful as well not to mention the stereo speakes are phenomenal. I can't really say much about the battery life yet since I can't seem to want to put the phone down. All in all, the One may not be as "feature packed" as the s4 but the One is one hell of a polished device. Oh and yes, the camera is pretty damn good.

• Like 2

Did some reading and it's bloatware, extra Sprint apps & themes. I went into the Apps section under "Storage," found Sprint ID and did a "force stop," but could not "disable" it. Thankfully, there is a "notification" check box there that I unchecked. We will see if that works and hopefully I'll stop getting the "Sprint Default Configuration" install prompt.

I'm slowly warming up to Blinkfeed. Need the option to grab any feed I want, so I'll start barraging HTC about Sense 5.1.

Peace,

DM

I've been torn over getting the Sprint HTC one or the unlocked developer edition.

I originally ordered one of each (one for me, one for the wife) but now I am thinking I would be better off getting two sprint versions. It would be a no-brainer if sprint's units came unlocked like Verizon...

Choices choices...

anyone notice that costco.com seems to be the best place to order? They waive activation, which seems cool.

Like the colors of the One, but the EVO LTE is nice and sharp. With the HDR mode, I'd guess that you would be hard pressed to see a difference between the two.

Would love to see some more photos if you had some time to post them.

I usually use left when surfing/texting. I am going to Best Buy now to exchange, it HAS to be a bad phone because there are no other bloggers reporting this issue.

Let us know if it helps. Honestly, I'm wondering if it just a lefty issue due to antenna placement :/

Like the colors of the One, but the EVO LTE is nice and sharp. With the HDR mode, I'd guess that you would be hard pressed to see a difference between the two.

Would love to see some more photos if you had some time to post them.

I didn't use any hdr settings just point and shoot and that was it. Which one do you think is the evo? I will add more photos tomorrow, I was just outside trying out some night time shots and my evo basically showed an all black screen with no viewable picture while the One was able to gather quite a bit of light from no where and was able to take a photo in almost complete darkness. Granted the photo was grainy as hell but I was still amazed at the fact that it still took a relatively decent picture given the extremely limited amount of light.

• Like 1

To also add, I think battery life is pretty damn good. I only made about 4 or 5 calls for the day and a few texts and emails but I took quite a few pictures today(maybe about 50) with all of them being automatically uploaded to dropbox. In addition I also did a little web browsing/youtube and as of right now( about 14.5 hours later, most of this time I was on wifi) I am still at 75%. Of course everyone's mileage will vary but I am quite satisfied with the battery performance on this phone.

• Like 4