So fed up with only 3g I flashed to Cricket!

jklong03

I upgraded my 4g capable sg2 to the SG3 within a month of its release here in Utah. Only after i got it did it become apparent I would would be lugging around a giant screened, powerful, 3G device for over a year!

I became so disenfranchised with the whole $110/month payment for a 3G phone that I flashed my phone over to Cricket for the $55/mo plan. Yes, now I still only get 3G, but I no longer worry about when the LTE update is going to hit. Yes, my wife's I-Phone 5S is still only limping along on 3G also, but she seems content and so she carries her own Sprint contract. I just dropped mine, quit making payments and who knows, if in the very near future may flash back and reinstate my Sprint commitment, but i don't really see that happening. Everything works fine for me on Cricket and I can't get data service either on sprint or Cricket (probably cuz Cricket is using Sprint towers) in my building at work in Sandy Utah anyway, so I just disable data at work and rely on roaming SMS to keep in touch with my family. When I go outside for breaks, I re-enable data and refresh all my mail and news feeds and that keeps me going when I go back inside. I work a 12hr shift, so with data off most of the time I get 17-19 hours of battery life using Goodness V10.0 ROM and KT747 kernel, so I guess I really can't complain.

I guess my main gripe is the selling only LTE compatible phones in a non-LTE market like they do and then just stringing people along with the "coming soon" answer, all the while forcing you to pay the high bandwidth $10 smart-phone premium even though said smart phones are in reality only 3g phone right now!

Whew, I feel better having gotten that off of my chest, thanks for listening to my rant!

I upgraded my 4g capable sg2 to the SG3 within a month of its release here in Utah. Only after i got it did it become apparent I would would be lugging around a giant screened, powerful, 3G device for over a year!

I became so disenfranchised with the whole $110/month payment for a 3G phone that I flashed my phone over to Cricket for the $55/mo plan. Yes, now I still only get 3G, but I no longer worry about when the LTE update is going to hit. Yes, my wife's I-Phone 5S is still only limping along on 3G also, but she seems content and so she carries her own Sprint contract. I just dropped mine, quit making payments and who knows, if in the very near future may flash back and reinstate my Sprint commitment, but i don't really see that happening. Everything works fine for me on Cricket and I can't get data service either on sprint or Cricket (probably cuz Cricket is using Sprint towers) in my building at work in Sandy Utah anyway, so I just disable data at work and rely on roaming SMS to keep in touch with my family. When I go outside for breaks, I re-enable data and refresh all my mail and news feeds and that keeps me going when I go back inside. I work a 12hr shift, so with data off most of the time I get 17-19 hours of battery life using Goodness V10.0 ROM and KT747 kernel, so I guess I really can't complain.

I guess my main gripe is the selling only LTE compatible phones in a non-LTE market like they do and then just stringing people along with the "coming soon" answer, all the while forcing you to pay the high bandwidth $10 smart-phone premium even though said smart phones are in reality only 3g phone right now!

Whew, I feel better having gotten that off of my chest, thanks for listening to my rant!

It sounds like you've not had a good wireless experience. I can commiserate.

However, please note that the info that Utah would not even start seeing LTE until Mid 2013 has been something that has been discussed at S4GRU since early 2012 before LTE devices came out. Additionally, Sprint has been announcing LTE cities for almost 15 months now, and never once mentioned any community in Utah. The information has been there to tell you not to expect Sprint LTE anytime soon, yet you still purchased an LTE device.

Additionally, Sprint is still selling WiMax devices. You can buy a brand new WiMax Galaxy S2 in three colors, if you so choose. Or you can hold on to your old WiMax devices. Sprint still needs to offer the latest phones even in non LTE markets. People still want to buy them. I live in a Non LTE market and glad to have moved up to newer devices. You could have gotten a WiMax hotspot to keep with you for data on your new LTE devices. Those things have gotten dirt cheap.

Last, your post violates our posting guidelines. Rants are not allowed, and also your post discusses violating several T&C's. Please refer to our posting guidelines for future posts: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1197-s4gru-posting-guidelines-aka-the-rulez/

I wish you the best of luck with your wireless service pursuits in the future.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD