Samsung Galaxy 'Mega'

Guest 503ducati

Guest 503ducati

5.8" 'Galaxy Mega'(GT-I9152) and 6.3" 'Galaxy Mega'(GT-I9200)

Big' date=' bigger, biggest, mega, the new Galaxy Mega smartphones are upcoming. Samsung changed the name of their expected Galaxy Fonblets and they are now called Galaxy Mega. Samsung wants to introduce 2 smartphones with big displays. The Galaxy Mega 5.8 code named GT-I9152. This code directly hints on a big DUOS smartphone based on Android with a display size of 5.8”. The other expected mega device is the Galaxy Mega 6.3 code named GT-I9200. The display of the Galaxy Mega 6.3 is expected to be 6.3”, this display size was previously rumoured for the Galaxy Note III.

Hit back to the accessories of the Galaxy S4 is Samsung’s GamePad.

According to Samsung, the GamePad could handle devices till a size of 6.3”.

The Galaxy Mega 5.8 will come in the colour white and will be available around week 22. The Galaxy Mega 6.3 will come in the colours black and white these galaxy devices need to be available around week 25.[/quote']

http://www.sammobile...s-are-upcoming/

http://www.androidce...tphones-rumored

Would/will the 5.8" Galaxy Mega(GT-I9152) and 6.3" Galaxy Mega(GT-I9200) sell? is there a demand for these?

That's awesome. Some people laugh but the Note2 has sold very well. I thought the Note2 would be the biggest phone I would get but another phone with half inch more display would be great. The large screen has really spoiled me.

Sent from my little Note2

• Like 1

I'll buy it if it comes to Sprint, the 6.3 that is.

Actually, I should probably hold off. I already have a Note II, and I promised myself to hold off on impulse-buying until tri-band LTE phones come out...

• Like 1

Yeah I am not sure what Samsung is trying to do here with the Samsung Mega and Note series. I am not sure how Samsung is differentiating between the two. I really hope the Note series will not cancelled and replaced with the Mega series. There is no evidence of whether the Mega phones will contain the S-pen.

Samsung has a cult following much in the way that Apple did, pretty soon they will have folks carrying around a phabletop, the original phone/tablet/laptop all in one.

I'd rather see a large midsize phone with Tri-band Lte support.

I don't have an upgrade for awhile due to the Note 2 purchase on launch day, but I plan on staying in this family of device. I could never go back to a smaller screen.

• Like 1

Samsung has a cult following much in the way that Apple did, pretty soon they will have folks carrying around a phabletop, the original phone/tablet/laptop all in one.

Meh, wake me up when I can wear phabletopants.

AJ

• Like 4

Meh, wake me up when I can wear phabletopants.

AJ

Yeah me too. Now if I was engaged in field work, I would want something like that, but short of that, the iphone 4S is the ideal size.

Guest 503ducati

http://www.androidce...-range-leanings

http://www.sammobile...ions-confirmed/

Galaxy Mega 5.8 specifications confirmed

Posted by DannyD on 08 April 2013 at 8:32

SamMobile just received the first specifications of Samsung’s upcoming Galaxy Mega device, the Galaxy Mega 5.8. The Galaxy Mega codename GT-I9152 will be a high-end DUOS smartphone with a 5.8” qHD (960×540) TFT display. Samsung will give the Galaxy Mega 5.8 a 8 megapixel back camera and a 2 megapixel front camera. The processor would be a dual-core clocked at 1.4 GHz with 1.5 GB of RAM. Of course Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi 80211 a/b/g/n and A-GPS are on the device too. Galaxy Mega 5.8 will have a 2600 mAh battery and the dimensions would be 164×83.8×9.7mm. The Galaxy Mega 5.8 will run on Android 4.1.2 / 4.2.2 Jelly Bean and Samsung will use their own Nature UX interface on it.

Samsung’s latest high-end DUOS device the Galaxy Grand DUOS has a 5.0” display with a resolution of 480×800 this device has a dual-core processor clocked on 1.2 GHz. You can read the review of the Galaxy Grand DUOS by SamMobile this month!

Here you go, little guys. Let the overcompensating begin...

:P

http://www.samsungmobilepress.com/2013/04/11/Samsung-Introduces-the-GALAXY-Mega-1

AJ

• Like 1

I suspect the primary differentiation will be the 'note' devices get stylus, while everything else doesn't.

That's awesome. I sold my tablet since I didn't use it anymore since I got the Note2. These aren't much bigger comparing the actual device specs.

I am considering selling my n7/32gig also, I am using it less and less lately thanks to the note2.

On a side note, has anyone tried using the note2 with a mhl/hdmi adapter?

Edited by dedub

I suspect the primary differentiation will be the 'note' devices get stylus, while everything else doesn't.

I am considering selling my n7/32gig also, I am using it less and less lately thanks to the note2.

On a side note, has anyone tried using the note2 with a mhl/hdmi adapter?

It looks as if they only have dualcore processors versus quadcore Note II, so maybe it is a more budget oriented phone.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

here is a small spec list for side by side comparison. looks like a budget minded yet bigger phone. I think ill wait for a note 3 myself. to me it would be like buying a v6 camaro. ..

uploadfromtaptalk1366253242856.jpg

source of specs

http://www.knowyourmobile.com/samsung/samsung-galaxy-note-2/19966/samsung-galaxy-note-2-vs-samsung-galaxy-mega-63

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2