Network Vision/LTE - Minnesota Market

CuriousTim

Note 5.

Yes I figured it was Verizon as that's the biggest tower in town. And of course they have generators which Sprint doesn't. Don't know when Sprint tower will go back online.

Not the first time this tower has gone down....

Sprint needs to add generators

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yup. All new Verizon site's I see go up have generators.

Yep the only ones that don't are small cells.

• Like 1

This is the fastest speeds I have ever gotten with my Note 5. Never hit above 100 before. 0d950ab74a31814b641b416c76ac7413.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

What does the note 5 support for Carrier aggregation?

• 1 month later...

Took a trip from the Twin Cities to Wisconsin Dells last week on Interstate 94. I was half impressed with the coverage. I saw 3G appear a lot more times then it should. Few times I didn't even have service. You can't really stream music on this trip. Being a main Interstate I would think that you would have had a better experience.

Took a trip from the Twin Cities to Wisconsin Dells last week on Interstate 94. I was half impressed with the coverage. I saw 3G appear a lot more times then it should. Few times I didn't even have service. You can't really stream music on this trip. Being a main Interstate I would think that you would have had a better experience.

Yep I've taken that drive. I don't really remember losing much signal. Roam onto uscc for min or so. Sprint needs a buyer. Their lack of LTE coverage can't continue.

Yep I've taken that drive. I don't really remember losing much signal. Roam onto uscc for min or so. Sprint needs a buyer. Their lack of LTE coverage can't continue.

I think the trip to Duluth was a better experience then this trip. Around Knapp Wis I didn't have service. I did see it jump onto AT&T B17 for a little while going up the hills. That was interesting.

I think the trip to Duluth was a better experience then this trip. Around Knapp Wis I didn't have service. I did see it jump onto AT&T B17 for a little while going up the hills. That was interesting.

35 going North is terrible.

Yet it does continue. And Sprint isn't on the edge of bankruptcy and still is even gaining customers. Because not everyone gets their service based on having a signal everywhere. Most do a cost/benefit analysis and figure signal and usability in the places they go most often against pricing and other factors. So, whether Sprint has service in the places that matter most to you will not determine whether they need to be bought out. It just determines whether you need to switch providers.

I stream most of my music. Even a place like Washington State with sketchy signals from dense forests, hills and mountains. Buffering works great to queue ahead music for all those little gaps. You Midwesterners think you're supposed to have a signal everywhere. How cute. [emoji38]

But Sprint has grown its LTE coverage every year. And this year, maybe more square miles than in a long time because of all the GMO fire ups adding a lot of rural square miles.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Yet it does continue. And Sprint isn't on the edge of bankruptcy and still is even gaining customers. Because not everyone gets their service based on having a signal everywhere. Most do a cost/benefit analysis and figure signal and usability in the places they go most often against pricing and other factors. So, whether Sprint has service in the places that matter most to you will not determine whether they need to be bought out. It just determines whether you need to switch providers.

I stream most of my music. Even a place like Washington State with sketchy signals from dense forests, hills and mountains. Buffering works great to queue ahead music for all those little gaps. You Midwesterners think you're supposed to have a signal everywhere. How cute. [emoji38]

But Sprint has grown its LTE coverage every year. And this year, maybe more square miles than in a long time because of all the GMO fire ups adding a lot of rural square miles.

Amen

Yawn interstates are covered 95% all over the eastern half of the US.

Signal detector logs showing 99% lte from Rochester to Fort Wayne.(Just started Signal detector everwhere new.)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w3ww6x25fvc1ckm/20170814_000542.png?dl=0

SCP showing no major 3g spots to twin cities.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pz6fnrd02ni6rmo/Screenshot_20170814-001424.jpg?dl=0

Yawn interstates are covered 95% all over the eastern half of the US.

Signal detector logs showing 99% lte from Rochester to Fort Wayne.(Just started Signal detector everwhere new.)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w3ww6x25fvc1ckm/20170814_000542.png?dl=0

SCP showing no major 3g spots to twin cities.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pz6fnrd02ni6rmo/Screenshot_20170814-001424.jpg?dl=0

Maybe you should tried driving 35 North here in Minnesota. 3G and sometimes only 1x. S4GRU has acknowledged that route has poor site spacing.

Maybe you should tried driving 35 North here in Minnesota. 3G and sometimes only 1x. S4GRU has acknowledged that route has poor site spacing.

According to sensorly and the nv maps I don't see the problem with the whole of I35. Spacing is bad for B41 but not LTE in general. The site distance would have to be greater than 15 miles to use that excuse for LTE.

95+% should have LTE if you don't have lte and need it on I35 just switch carriers. Verizon and ATT have holes too I see them when people around me complain about dropped calls or 3g on phones. I have even had to turn my hotspot on more than a few times.

According to sensorly and the nv maps I don't see the problem with the whole of I35. Spacing is bad for B41 but not LTE in general. The site distance would have to be greater than 15 miles to use that excuse for LTE.

95+% should have LTE if you don't have lte and need it on I35 just switch carriers. Verizon and ATT have holes too I see them when people around me complain about dropped calls or 3g on phones. I have even had to turn my hotspot on more than a few times.

Dude you can argue all you want but I have driven it and could not use my phone. Sensorly is very incorrect with coverage. just like it shows coverage in South Dakota that Sprint does not have.

Switch carrier when my phone it's locked and your want Sprint to lost customers then. That what happens if I switch.

The coverage shown in South Dakota is accurate, coming from Swiftel and JVT which is native for Sprint customers. The coverage in Western North Dakota is inaccurate and came from one Sensorly polluter back in 2014. The ND coverage does not line up to any actual sites. Whereas the I-35 North coverage does line up with Sprint sites.

Maybe your device and Boost service is contributing to underwhelming rural LTE support?

The coverage shown in South Dakota is accurate. The coverage in Western North Dakota is inaccurate and came from one Sensorly polluter back in 2014. The ND coverage does not line up to any actual sites. Whereas the I-35 North coverage does line up with Sprint sites.

Maybe your device and Boost service is contributing to underwhelming rural LTE support?

It's not my phone. I have had the s3,S5,htc a9 and now the S8 all with the same thing. People with postpaid Sprint have said the same thing. David K has acknowledged the need for improvement.

So NV maps here are lying. B25 goes 5 to 10 miles B26 goes upto 15 miles from the site. The gap between towers is not big enough to cause major issues along a long stretch of I 35.

I will confront any statements about long stretchs of 3g unusable data on I94 and I90. I have streamed video from chicago to the twin cities.

If you switch nothing happens. You will most likely go to another carrier and find a few bad spots. Then complain about them for a while.

This will probably sounds mean but I also don't think it's the phone. People have different expectations as long as I can stream 720 to 1080 video 95% of the time I am good and the network is good.

So NV maps here are lying. B25 goes 5 to 10 miles B26 goes upto 15 miles from the site. The gap between towers is not big enough to cause major issues along a long stretch of I 35.

I will confront any statements about long stretchs of 3g unusable data on I94 and I90. I have streamed video from chicago to the twin cities.

If you switch nothing happens. You will most likely go to another carrier and find a few bad spots. Then complain about them for a while.

This will probably sounds mean but I also don't think it's the phone. People have different expectations as long as I can stream 720 to 1080 video 95% of the time I am good and the network is good.

I barely see B26. Not saying never. All I know is it doesn't stay on LTE. Where vzw stays on it and never loses it.

I can attest to 35 north of the cities being pretty bad. I've used a Nexus 5 and 6 on that trip and both of them jumped between LTE and 3G in between most of the towers. It's really quite unacceptable when we all know that LTE800 is theoretically perfectly capable of traveling the distance required for perfect handoffs. It just doesn't happen that way on Sprint.

• Like 1

I can attest to 35 north of the cities being pretty bad. I've used a Nexus 5 and 6 on that trip and both of them jumped between LTE and 3G in between most of the towers. It's really quite unacceptable when we all know that LTE800 is theoretically perfectly capable of traveling the distance required for perfect handoffs. It just doesn't happen that way on Sprint.

Couple new towers along the stretch would change all that.

In theory I'd think they'd be able to get that to happen changing the configuration of the antennas already there, yea? I'm not an expert on that kind of stuff but I'd think the fringe coverage could be improved without even having to add new towers.

What I see on sensorly is LTE levels that you would only connect to if your device is in LTE only mode. Theoretically, the sites should be close enough together. But based on reports from actual users running that route (more than are posting here right now) they do not sufficiently cover that route. There is a site that is not LTE yet, and there are a couple of actual gaps on Sensorly. Those gaps, depending on the device, can result in large drops of LTE. I don't really care about this stretch of highway... just telling you what I have heard and what I see.