Network Vision/LTE - Minnesota Market

CuriousTim

Personally, I'll probably check it out when I'm at the Metallica concert this upcoming August. I'm sure it'll be pretty decent by the time these events start coming up.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Did you mean to post here and are you talking to me? Randomly posting after 2 months of no posts with no quote doesn't make much sense.

For some reason when I quote from computers it doesn't do it right.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I have the same issue. Quoting doesn't work for me from IE 11.

I haven't cared to mess with it more.

Well... no one has brought this up before. Have to think it's an IE issue since I haven't heard much about this before. Switch to edge or Chrome and it should work fine. 

Actually, most between MSP and Duluth do, you're right. I was thinking of further north I guess. Site spacing is definitely an issue there. But, two new macro deployments would go a long way to fixing that. I wouldn't anticipate that happening until this fall, at the earliest though.

This is what I was trying to comment on. Was just curious is this is still going to happen?

This is what I was trying to comment on. Was just curious is this is still going to happen?

It was never a thing that was planned, it was just speculation on my part. I was saying that two new sites would fix a lot of the problems. So... is it going to happen? I have no idea. Never said it was.

It was never a thing that was planned, it was just speculation on my part. I was saying that two new sites would fix a lot of the problems. So... is it going to happen? I have no idea. Never said it was.

Ok. testing to see how this works on Firefox.

I have the same issue. Quoting doesn't work for me from IE 11.

I haven't cared to mess with it more.

In IE11 go to the Tools menu and choose Compatibility View Settings.  Then add s4gru.com to the Compatibility View list.  Quotes should then start working.

• 4 months later...

I have taken the drive on 35 from the Twin Cities to Duluth several times and like how Sprints map shows LTE most of the way when in reality you are on 3G.

Yep. More towers were needed.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

There were a few times where I got full 3G when passing some towers but we all know how bad 3G is. My steaming music had hard time loading on some occasions.

CDMA sucks for Data. That's why all vzw LTE means they don't have thos problems. Sprint adds more towers problem solved.

• Like 1

CDMA sucks for Data. That's why all vzw LTE means they don't have thos problems. Sprint adds more towers problem solved.

Totally agree with you. 

I just laugh how Sprint coverage map shows LTE most of the trip when it's not. Even in Lutsen where I'm at shows 3G when I can barely get that. 

Data on roaming doesn't seem to work.

• Like 1

Totally agree with you.

I just laugh how Sprint coverage map shows LTE most of the trip when it's not. Even in Lutsen where I'm at shows 3G when I can barely get that.

That sucks. Think that gets on my nerves is, it's always Sprint. I live in MN also. 35 like you said. 52 down to Rochester same thing. Even 94 once you get pass exit 4 in Wisconsin. Everyone else has great LTE.

• Like 1

Totally agree with you.

Sprint also has work to do in Duluth. Yes LTE is good Speed not so much. Limited band 41. That need to change. They even have the holdings to do 10x10 there. VZW has bands 4/13 there not sure about 2. T-Mobile has 4/12. Att is the biggest one with bands 2,4,12,29,30 with 66 coming. Sprint just the 5x5 stuff

• Like 1

I have taken the drive on 35 from the Twin Cities to Duluth several times and like how Sprints map shows LTE most of the way when in reality you are on 3G.

Sensorly lte map and user collected data in the premier section shows LTE should be covered for I-35.(shrugs)

Even 94 once you get pass exit 4 in Wisconsin. Everyone else has great LTE.

To test the network I streamed netflix from St Paul to PA line using 94 east without much problems. One time it stopped playing scp said it was on 1x used airplane mode connected to lte then continued to stream.

• Like 2

It's not perfect streaming music on Tmo and VZW either. There are places I have to change off LTE to keep streaming. Or if you get stuck on VZW CDMA, you want to shoot yourself.

Right now I'm in a spot for a birthday party with my kids, inside a building in Olympia, Washington and I can only get a Tmo EDGE signal. Fortunately there is WiFi. That's what I get for not bringing my Project Fi phone or VZW phone with me.

Sprint certainly has some glaring problems. But I just always want to remind that there are issues with Tmo and VZW out in the real world when it comes to streaming. It's not perfect. And in some places it can even be worse than Sprint. Just depends on where you are.

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

• Like 1

It's not perfect streaming music on Tmo and VZW either. There are places I have to change off LTE to keep streaming. Or if you get stuck on VZW CDMA, you want to shoot yourself.

Right now I'm in a spot for a birthday party with my kids, inside a building in Olympia, Washington and I can only get a Tmo EDGE signal. Fortunately there is WiFi. That's what I get for not bringing my Project Fi phone or VZW phone with me.

Sprint certainly has some glaring problems. But I just always want to remind that there are issues with Tmo and VZW out in the real world when it comes to streaming. It's not perfect. And in some places it can even be worse than Sprint. Just depends on where you are.

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

True that. At my house, T-Mo and VZW users cannot even place a call, forget accessing the internet. On AT&T, data is more reliable than voice but neither work consistently. Sprint is the only provider that provides consistently usable service where I am.

• Like 2

Sensorly lte map and user collected data in the premier section shows LTE should be covered for I-35.(shrugs)

To test the network I streamed netflix from St Paul to PA line using 94 east without much problems. One time it stopped playing scp said it was on 1x used airplane mode connected to lte then continued to stream.

I couldn't see anything in the premier section. Sprint map does show LTE the whole way but I didn't get it. 

When your on 3G and using data like stream video or music does it consistently keep looking for LTE and switch to it or is there a delay?

• Like 1

2nd post in minnesota premier thread. Green pin means user confirmed. http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/5847-premier-sponsor-map-for-the-minnesota-market/?p=311040

Sprint maps can be over shown but you were saying about going past sites and seeing strong 3g. Sensorly is user measured data showing someones phone connected to lte going up that road.

Phones can wait up to 30 minutes to scan for lte to save battery. Streaming used to keep phones on 3g until idle but people said that has changed. If I see 3g I will toggle airplane mode to make the phone scan faster instead of waiting.