Speedtest.net 3.4.0 for iOS (was Speedtest.net 3.0)

MacinJosh

Does it use any less data? That would be a major improvement.

AJ

• Like 3

I doubt it. It probably uses more, lol.

That is not a laughing matter, Josh.

AJ

That is not a laughing matter, Josh.

AJ

I'm sorry. :( I do like their awesome graphics though.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Eh not feeling the new update. A little too flashy. I just want to see how fast my speeds are after all lol.

Will definitely have to keep my old version apk backed up just like I do with Slacker. That new version is ugly with all that white background. Hard on the eyes too.

Sent from my little Note2

Can we get a version that takes 2 seconds to run and is dumbed down.

But than weez woodnt know if da carriers wuz throttlin us after 2 secs. Oh noes!

AJ

• Like 1

Still shows the old version in the play store for me. EVO LTE

Probably because Josh is referring to the iOS version. I'm sure the Android version will be getting similarly refreshed at some point in the near future.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Legitimate concern for cable connections......

..........but not for mobile

Not yet. However, if Sprint is going to maintain unlimited data in the face of profligate use/abuse, do not be surprised to see traffic shaping in the future.

AJ

Not yet. However, if Sprint is going to maintain unlimited data in the face of profligate use/abuse, do not be surprised to see traffic shaping in the future.

AJ

I am definitely for that. I hope they do.

• Like 1

AJ

Unlimited is a marketing tool - marketing tools don't do well with "*" attached to them.

I am sure unlimited will poof once sprint is stable. They've already talked about price hikes in 2014 - margin expansion time. I am guessing at that time, they will probably shift to a similar strategy that T-Mobile has deployed - which is to offer unlimited but make other plans more economical/practical so that's where people move. Following that, they'll just drop unlimited all together saying "oh, well nobody buys this plan anyway..."

When that day happens, I'll have to mail you a cake.

I am sure people will rant saying "well I paid for 5GB, I have to USE all 5GB every month!!!!"

AJ

Doesn't Ericsson market a QoS system that does just that? Sprint would be a good candidate for that.

From what I have seen of the LTE Deplyoments they are using Cisco ASR Routers on site and then can definately do QOS , Shaping Policing. just depends where in the network they plan to enforce that, Wireless side or Backhaul side

• 3 weeks later...

But than weez woodnt know if da carriers wuz throttlin us after 2 secs. Oh noes!

AJ

Orkz is da biggest, da strongest, and use da most data!

(apologies to any other Warhammer fans)

• Like 1

• 5 months later...