Any talk of HTC making a Galaxy Note like device in the future?

ericdabbs

I think it will be great for competition if HTC would make a Galaxy Note like device for 2014. LG has stepped up to the plate in 2013 with the the LG Optimus G Pro device which will compete with the Galaxy Note 2. No word yet on whether Sprint plans to carry the LG Optimus G Pro device which will begin to sell in the US in Q2 2013. If only HTC and possibly a Motorola/Google could also make a competing device that would be great for competition and customer selection given HTC's material build quality is superb over Samsung and LG's plastic phones.

I was at the local Sprint store tonight checking out the Note. I have to say, I really like it. As a diehard HTC user, I would jump on an HTC-branded 'phablet'. I would buy it on launch day no hesitation.

• Like 1

I wouldn't be surprised if HTC comes out with a "phablet" later on this year, but they better come out swinging because more than likely I will be all over that note 3 when it comes out.

...but they better come out swinging because more than likely I will be all over that note 3 when it comes out.

As big as the Note 3 is purported to be, it might be all over you.

AJ

• Like 2

As big as the Note 3 is purported to be, it might be all over you.

AJ

LOL, yep.

With the design of the gs4 in comparison to the gs3 I figure they would do something similar with the note 3, keeping the same relative size of the note 2 and have as slim as possible bezel. That with the rumoured use of an lcd screen will all but seal the deal for me.

http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-plans-successor-5-inch-butterfly

Maybe they are planning a slightly larger device.

Spurred by strong interest in the device from Asia, Taiwan Focus reports that CMO Benjamin Ho said the manufacturer plans to launch a "successor" to the Butterfly under the same brand name "to meet consumer demand."
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

If it's between 5" and 5.3", I would likely get it. The Note 2 is slightly too large for my taste.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

If it's between 5" and 5.3", I would likely get it. The Note 2 is slightly too large for my taste.

This sounds almost like a phone dating profile. Imagine the possibilities...

"I am looking for a phone between 5" and 5.3." Not too light, but not too heavy. I like a few curves and a bright, smiling display. HTC Sense (of humor) and no baggage from a carrier relationship are both pluses."

AJ

• Like 8

This sounds almost like a phone dating profile. Imagine the possibilities...

"I am looking for a phone between 5" and 5.3." Not too light, but not too heavy. I like a few curves and a bright, smiling display. HTC Sense (of humor) and no baggage from a carrier relationship are both pluses."

AJ

Wow, how do you come up with this stuff? In the morning, no less. I nearly spit out my coffee. Too funny. :lol:

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 2

Let's see if I can close all the loop holes but knowing AJ he will still find one to get a zinger in.

I think the Note3 would be perfect at 5.8 inches. Maybe I am getting older or just spoiled but when I look at the phones with smaller screens it just seems painful to do. Kind of like switching from a 57 inch TV down to a 46 inch. (holding my ground on keeping my older HDTV in the bedroom). I have no issues using the phone and or putting it in my jeans pocket or even shorts pocket when I am at the gym.

Sent from my little Note2

Let's see if I can close all the loop holes but knowing AJ he will still find one to get a zinger in.

At your request...

I have no issues using the phone and or putting it in my jeans pocket or even shorts pocket when I am at the gym.

You use the Note 2 in your pocket for appearance like some guys use a roll of quarters?

AJ

I think the Note3 would be perfect at 5.8 inches. Maybe I am getting older or just spoiled but when I look at the phones with smaller screens it just seems painful to do. Kind of like switching from a 57 inch TV down to a 46 inch. (holding my ground on keeping my older HDTV in the bedroom). I have no issues using the phone and or putting it in my jeans pocket or even shorts pocket when I am at the gym.

Sent from my little Note2

We all better hope our GF's/Wives don't decide to leave us for an extra 1/2 inch :P

• Like 1