digiblur ROM 2014.01.23 [Note2] [MK4]

digiblur

Is the battery life substantially improved on this ROM over the original stock Sprint software?

Everyone's usage varies due to their own setup but in my opinion.... yes.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I was waiting but I never got a response from you, digiblur. I loaded this on a buddies Note and I must say, not to bad fella.

Sent from my Note 2 using Tapatalk

I was waiting but I never got a response from you, digiblur. I loaded this on a buddies Note and I must say, not to bad fella. Sent from my Note 2 using Tapatalk

Response on the flashlight thing?  I was hoping it was a joke and moved on ;)

Thanks on the comments!  Some people don't like the amount of stuff I took out but as COZisBack stated, everyone's usage is different.  That's one of the reasons I provide the files to put back if you needed those little extra things.

• Like 1

Response on the flashlight thing?  I was hoping it was a joke and moved on ;)

I really thought he was joking. I seen the GS4 comment and was about to respond with a "no" then seen the flashlight and was like "oh, he's joking".

• Like 1

So, I've got to tell you; I'm mad at you. I even made an account on this site so I could express my opinion.I went though a day in a half trying to restore my phone to stock because I've been having problems with the connection and worrying about when the next update will be for these unreliable Devs.finally I have stock ROM and for my curiosity , I started looked for the newest ROM. Your description of your ROM, plain, simple, and to the point is awesome. Get rid of the sh*t and get to the point. Your ROM is newly updated with removed, unnecessary junk. So I have to go back and ROM this.

Btw, how often do you plan on updating and do you take requests? Like small add-ons; such as CRT animation?

So, I've got to tell you; I'm mad at you. I even made an account on this site so I could express my opinion.I went though a day in a half trying to restore my phone to stock because I've been having problems with the connection and worrying about when the next update will be for these unreliable Devs.finally I have stock ROM and for my curiosity , I started looked for the newest ROM. Your description of your ROM, plain, simple, and to the point is awesome. Get rid of the sh*t and get to the point. Your ROM is newly updated with removed, unnecessary junk. So I have to go back and ROM this.

Btw, how often do you plan on updating and do you take requests? Like small add-ons; such as CRT animation?

I usually do the updates a couple weeks after they come out to make sure everything is well with them. 

Depends on the add-ons as the point is to slim things down and then people can add what they want.

• Like 1

From what I've seen digi, only updates when Samsung releases an official stable build/update. As the ROM is basically a clean and debloated, but not stripped ROM with a little of S4GRU in mind.

In terms of the add-ons (not speaking for him) but he'll probably say that things like CRT animation changes the way the ROM functions and isn't necessary to have a successful ROM. Also, it's easy as hell to go out and install a .zip that will give you those add-ons. I've personally tried add-ons with this ROM and after a week or so I would start seeing issues with my ROM. This occurred twice with "morphology" before I realized to leave the ROM the hell alone and enjoy what has been the best ROM for me.

Well I see he responded before I did. HAH! Oh well.

Edited by COZisBack
  • Like 2

Using digiROM yesterday and seeing the "LTE" icon for the first time was exciting. Much more preferred over the standard 4G icon.

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 3

@COZisBack @digiblur

So I'm new to this and I don't think there is a way to reply to both of you at once; seeing that you two answered my question. Thank you for replying, I've usrdnthis ROM for a day and I'm satisfied. Everything is good and I have yet to be disappointed. I also have to go back on what I said earlier. I pretty much contradicted myself; telling you have I love you ROM for is cleanness and junk removal , yet I ask if you accept requests for add-ons. (What? Lol) I really meant is there was an external source that we could get add-ons for; Xposed. Like specifically for this ROM so I wouldn't worry about bricking or simply reflashing the ROM again.

BTW, I'm not sure if you replied to a post asking this earlier but I tried to flash a different icon for my WiFi and the system.iu kept crashing. Eventually it actually fixed itself up but, yeah.

Sounds like you replaced the system UI apk file with a non-standard one.  Which by the way removed several features of the ROM when you did this.  I suggest replacing the PNG files in the APK provided in the ROM with the look that you want instead of flashing some other crazy APK.

• Like 2

The system.iu is still the same (99% sure) the icon is still the same as when I flashed it. And I thought that, that was what the ROM toolbox was doing in the first place. It was in the theming section; Just replacing the PNG files, not the system.iu.

I just wanted to pop in and say Hi to Robert and crew !  :tu:

How's it going Pyro ?

It's been a minute ! I have LTE now in my area but it's not the great..

I'm getting maybe 4down and 2up.

Digiblur I'm glad to see you have you own ROM now !

I'm going to have to check it out !

I believe someone was asking about the fix to the exploits recently found in Android. Here's how to patch for it:

https://www.xda-developers.com/android/secure-your-android-device-with-master-key-dual-fix-xda-developer-tv/

I can't say for sure, but I feel like that fix is killing my battery. I've had it for 2 or 3 days and have been struggling.

uploadfromtaptalk1374955999183.jpg

I can't say for sure, but I feel like that fix is killing my battery. I've had it for 2 or 3 days and have been struggling.

Install better battery stats and see what is killing your battery.

I believe there is a free version on the f-droid.org app store.

Install better battery stats and see what is killing your battery.

I believe there is a free version on the f-droid.org app store.

Downloaded. I'll report back tomorrow.

Jarod, on 23 Jul 2013 - 04:28 AM, said:snapback.png

I usually do the updates a couple weeks after they come out to make sure everything is well with them. 

Depends on the add-ons as the point is to slim things down and then people can add what they want.

Soooo.. does he like it or not?

I personally do. Even being a flashaholic I've realized that I can stop searching. This is the one to have. Allows you to design you're own stock ROM.

• Like 1

I was able to root my phone and install digiROM on my replacement Note 2 in less than 15 minutes. I already had all the files on my SD card. New record.

Robert via Nexus 7 HD using Tapatalk 4

• Like 4

I was able to root my phone and install digiROM on my replacement Note 2 in less than 15 minutes. I already had all the files on my SD card. New record.Robert via Nexus 7 HD using Tapatalk 4

I may have missed this somewhere, what happened to your original note 2?

I may have missed this somewhere, what happened to your original note 2?

Smash!!!  I was riding with my brother.  He has a Chevy Trailblazer.  I have nowhere to stick my phone when I ride in his truck, so I have this awful habit of sliding it under my leg.  Then slide it out when it chimes to check it out and put it back.  It's worked well for me, until Thursday night.  

I was getting out of his truck at Cowgirl BBQ in Santa Fe and forgot to pick it up.  I jumped out of the seat and the Note goes flying across the parking lot.  Cracked screen!  YEEEARGH!  $200 deductible and a $20 Saturday delivery charge and a voila, a new Note 2.

Robert

Smash!!! I was riding with my brother. He has a Chevy Trailblazer. I have nowhere to stick my phone when I ride in his truck, so I have this awful habit of sliding it under my leg. Then slide it out when it chimes to check it out and put it back. It's worked well for me, until Thursday night.

I was getting out of his truck at Cowgirl BBQ in Santa Fe and forgot to pick it up. I jumped out of the seat and the Note goes flying across the parking lot. Cracked screen! YEEEARGH! $200 deductible and a $20 Saturday delivery charge and a voila, a new Note 2.

Robert

ouch! They need to make a note 3 active!

ouch! They need to make a note 3 active!

Here's a pic of the damage (gives me an excuse to try out the camera on my new Nexus 7). It still worked fine. Just lots of cracks. Some of the places where I run my finger across it felt it might give me a little glass sliver.

I may have used it with the cracks until Triband came out. However, I have a lot of people in my family who have asked to get it handed down to them. So I decided to spend the $200 and replace it.

uploadfromtaptalk1375028745638.jpg

Robert via Nexus 7 HD using Tapatalk 4