http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/647651#647651

10/02

HTC EVO 4G LTE Software Update  - 3.17.651.4

Enhancements/Fixes:

HTC Sense stability improvements

- HD Voice default enablement

Important Notes:

- Software version is: 3.17.651.4

Updates may be released in stages. When checking for the update, you may receive a message

that no update is available, check back later or wait until the update notification is sent to your device. 

looks like nothing more than a minor update for a few fixes and HD Voice, doubt it'll be anything more than that

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/647651#647651

10/02

HTC EVO 4G LTE Software Update  - 3.17.651.4

Enhancements/Fixes:

HTC Sense stability improvements

- HD Voice default enablement

Important Notes:

- Software version is: 3.17.651.4

Updates may be released in stages. When checking for the update, you may receive a message

that no update is available, check back later or wait until the update notification is sent to your device. 

looks like nothing more than a minor update for a few fixes and HD Voice, doubt it'll be anything more than that

So sad. EVO LTE really was a great phone, but now it's being neglected, and HTC doesn't want to recognize that it still exists.

-Luis

• Like 1

Kinda terrible what HTC is doing. Doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy about purchasing my next phone from them (at this point it isn't happening).

They shouldn't relegate their last years flagship to nothing if they want repeat customers. They need to better understand and utilize the 2 year phone contract structure. Just because they don't update the EVO LTE doesn't mean I can or will go buy a ONE from them now.

• 2 weeks later...

Kinda terrible what HTC is doing. Doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy about purchasing my next phone from them (at this point it isn't happening).

They shouldn't relegate their last years flagship to nothing if they want repeat customers. They need to better understand and utilize the 2 year phone contract structure. Just because they don't update the EVO LTE doesn't mean I can or will go buy a ONE from them now.

How many android devices other than a nexus are officially running 4.3? The One has been updated to 4.3 before most others.  The gs4 still hasn't been officially updated to 4.3 so its not like htc isn't doing anything at all.  Sure, the evo lte has been late to the party but at least you're not on att who took forever to get jellybean to their One x.  Also, when it comes to late updates it mostly has to do with carrier branded devices and not devices coming straight from the oem.  

• Like 2