Will Sense 5.1 be available for EVO LTE

kckid

Personally, I think they'll use the same line they always do when releasing a new major Sense version, that the hardware is not up to the task. I experienced this on both the original Evo and the Evo 3D.

it's also quite probable that there will be ported ROMs with it.

I'd say its not out of the realm of possibility we'll get it considering it probably is a lot less bloated then previous versions of sense, not to mention the build is jellybean. Then again considering HTC's past record, likely won't be an official update. I don't like Sense 5 anyway, looks a lot like a mashup of Windows Phone and Android

HTC confirms some current phones will receive Sense 5 update.

"HTC recently confirmed through a post on its Facebook (FB) page that global variants of the HTC One X, One X+, One S and the HTC Butterfly will be updated to the new Sense user interface."

http://bgr.com/2013/02/28/htc-sense-5-update-confirmed-349391/

I would love Sense 5. Though everyone is probably going to complain about how useless everything on the phone is, and how Sense is so bad. And then go on to say how great TouchWiz is. In my opinion, Sense 4.x is way less intrusive than TouchWiz is, yet people seem to fall into Samsung's hypnotism. They are going to be the next Apple.

• Like 4

I love Sense 4+! It is Android with skins and a better theme. Sense blows TouchWiz out of the water! My cuz has a GS2 with JB and TouchWiz looks like a kids coloring book phones with it's appearance. I'm not a huge fan of the blue and black but sense makes it look cool. Sense 5 looks too cartoony and non-sense (hehe). ;)

• Like 4

So, a screenshot just popped up today, confirming a bunch of the gesture business for the Galaxy S4 like face detection and all that jazz. I mentioned that it would probably be a battery hog, yet everyone else only saw, "That's so cool" "That's so awesome" ????????????? HYPNOTISM I TELL YOU!!!!!

• Like 1

So, a screenshot just popped up today, confirming a bunch of the gesture business for the Galaxy S4 like face detection and all that jazz. I mentioned that it would probably be a battery hog, yet everyone else only saw, "That's so cool" "That's so awesome" ????????????? HYPNOTISM I TELL YOU!!!!!

I know, I always disable everything right away and almost everyone I know that has me setup their phones has me disable it. It definitely sucks battery to have the camera running every second the screen is on. I also don't want my phone watching my every move, literally! I'm already uncomfortable with Google Now watching everything I do but I allow it for convenience. But actually watching me is a scary thought! Imagine if ZTE or Huawei had something like this! I'm tired of gimmicks! Give me a new battery tech that lasts a week or a new type of screen that has force feedback! And the new TouchWiz looks as bad as the last! I mean TouchWiz is certainly very functional but it looks like a kids coloring book! LOL! I was really looking for more from Samsung this year after HTC really brought it to them with the HTC One????

HTC

5TH

• 3 weeks later...

The screenshot below is from a tweet confirming that the HTC Jewel (EVO LTE) and a few other models would get a Sense 5 update and Android 4.2.2, in which the person who posted this tweet has usually posted very credible and reliable information in the past about other updates. So it looks to be pretty much confirmed

post-1198-0-38757800-1364047540_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

hmmm.... not that I'm not excited that the EVO will get sense 5 and android 4.2..... But being in the situation that HTC is in right now, I would not do that right away (which they probably won't) and sell as many HTC Ones as possible.....if people want a taste of Sense 5.

I would probably expect updates for the EVO towards the end of the year??

hmmm.... not that I'm not excited that the EVO will get sense 5 and android 4.2..... But being in the situation that HTC is in right now, I would not do that right away (which they probably won't) and sell as many HTC Ones as possible.....if people want a taste of Sense 5.

I would probably expect updates for the EVO towards the end of the year??

I'm guessing it all depends on when HTC will actually release the update. I might be wrong, but I read that it would probably be in a couple months? Seeing as how Sprint released the JB update to the EVO before any other company released it to their HTC Flagship, I could presume that we will get it about a month after it is announced. Again, just speculation. -Luis

Personally, I think they'll use the same line they always do when releasing a new major Sense version, that the hardware is not up to the task. I experienced this on both the original Evo and the Evo 3D.

it's also quite probable that there will be ported ROMs with it.

I wouldn't believe it seeing as how Sense 5 is lighter than Sense 4

http://www.technobuf...ices-confirmed/

"Leaked List Possibly Confirms Which HTC Devices Will Get Sense 5"

"Right now, it’s unclear when the updates will hit, but LlabTooFeR suggests a projected roll out is planned for this summer."

• Jewel_CL ( HTC EVO 4G LTE)
  • DLX_WL (HTC Droid DNA)
  • DLXB1_U (HTC Butterfly Taiwan)
  • Endeavor_U (HTC One X)
  • ENRC2B_U (HTC One X+)
  • Evita_UL (HTC One XL)
  • Evitare_UL (HTC One X+ USA)
  • Fireball_WL (HTC Droid Incredible 4G LTE)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

The One X+ is apparently getting the Sense 5 Android 4.2.2 update in Taiwan today, Europe is supposed to be getting it sometime next week. Shouldn't be long now for the EVO and other models 

• Like 2