Samsung Galaxy S4 Rumored for March 14th of 2013

HappyHappy

I carry two phones as well LOL.

But that being said, I really want to see how this phone will look. I think the spec war has peaked, and now it is also device aesthetics as well.

• Like 1

So then, let me ask: is there ANY reason to wait for the GS4 instead of just buying the note2 today? I'm not interested in scrolling with my eyes, as I have an eye condition named "nystagmus" if you want a good laugh, look up nystagmus and imagine someone with it using those sorts of features on a phone. I'm also not interested in a 1080p screen, it doesn't excite me, even in the slightest....and 13 MP camera? Is that **really** better than an 8 MP? Isn't that sort of negligible?

So then, let me ask: is there ANY reason to wait for the GS4 instead of just buying the note2 today? I'm not interested in scrolling with my eyes, as I have an eye condition named "nystagmus" if you want a good laugh, look up nystagmus and imagine someone with it using those sorts of features on a phone. I'm also not interested in a 1080p screen, it doesn't excite me, even in the slightest....and 13 MP camera? Is that **really** better than an 8 MP? Isn't that sort of negligible?

One of my friends were born with albinism and one of the eye conditions she has to deal with is nystagmus. That feature will definitely be useless for someone like you for sure but it is a feature that you have the option to turn off.

One of my friends were born with albinism and one of the eye conditions she has to deal with is nystagmus. That feature will definitely be useless for someone like you for sure but it is a feature that you have the option to turn off.

I'd assume that you would be able to shut it off....like you can the stay on function currently. I hate the fact that I know what phone I want, but I have to wait until thursday to make sure GS4 doesn't have a bunch of stuff that I want in it over the note 2

I think it depends on the physical appearance of the device. The feature set will be incremental, in hardware updates, so it will be more about the design and the tweaks Samsung added (multi-view, etc.)

The S4 is full of gimmicky stuff, or so it sounds. I guess it's nice that they keep pushing the envelope. I just wonder how many of these type of innovations will be useful.

If the leaked pictures are right and the design looks virtually identical, but slightly larger, I may skip the S4. But the thought of a size halfway between the S3 and the Note 2 is appealing to me. If it had Band 26 or 41 support, I'd definitely pick it up.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Is anyone expecting this to be a budget phone? Like the Nexus 4? We really need a CDMA budget phone.

I do not expect that at all. Flagship device with flagship pricing.

• Like 2

hmmm....samsung event 3/14....htc "ultrapixel shortage" announced just days before......

Maybe I wait for the bargain bin GS3 once the GS4 is out.

The S4 is full of gimmicky stuff, or so it sounds. I guess it's nice that they keep pushing the envelope. I just wonder how many of these type of innovations will be useful.

If the leaked pictures are right and the design looks virtually identical, but slightly larger, I may skip the S4. But the thought of a size halfway between the S3 and the Note 2 is appealing to me. If it had Band 26 or 41 support, I'd definitely pick it up.

I absolutely agree, the galaxy s4 seems like it will be packed with all sorts of features but at the end of the day most of it wouldn't do anything for productivity.

So with Note2 getting Visa Paywave through google wallet which works by manually installing it, what are the chances that there is a breakthrough in mobile payments that only the GS4 will bring? I ask because I'm ready to pull the trigger... tonight... on a note 2, but I love the idea of mobile payment as a germaphobe....the half inch of extra screen is so important to me, but not if I can make mobile payments!

So with Note2 getting Visa Paywave through google wallet which works by manually installing it, what are the chances that there is a breakthrough in mobile payments that only the GS4 will bring? I ask because I'm ready to pull the trigger... tonight... on a note 2, but I love the idea of mobile payment as a germaphobe....the half inch of extra screen is so important to me, but not if I can make mobile payments!
wait until you hear about the gs4. Being so close to learning about it you would be crazy to buy a phone tonight. If you don't like the gs4 then get the note, but wait its only like two days.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

hmmm....samsung event 3/14....htc "ultrapixel shortage" announced just days before......

Maybe I wait for the bargain bin GS3 once the GS4 is out.

I got an email from sprint saying that they have the S2 for free and the S3 for $99 (with a new 2 year). idk if that's a deal or not but it something.

Myself i would wait to see what the GS4 looks like and what it offers, but in terms of Megapixels, well it has always been my understanding (and personal experience) that any image over 8 megapixels is overkill in a phone camera. Granted if it came with it cool, but not really necessary.

1-The higher the MP the bigger the size on your sdcard or phone

2-Unless you are going to print the images on very large paper, then 13 would help, but most just keep the images on their phones or post to the web.

See link which may help.

TS

Not sure if this has been posted here:

http://bbs.52samsung...695291-1-1.html

Saw that. Honestly, if that's it, I think i'll pass. I own a GS3, and have never really been fan of the shape and feel of it. I'm definitely leaning towards the One if that is indeed the GS4 in the pics. We'll see tomorrow though.

Not sure if this has been posted here:

http://bbs.52samsung...695291-1-1.html

Saw that yesterday, based on the back of that same device it looks like these cases may just fit. This was leaked today as well:

http://briefmobile.c...aked-once-again

EDIT:

Unless Samsung is just trolling everyone and this is the "enhanced" version of the gs3 and the gs4 will be something totally different.

Phones are getting larger because people are demanding more power and faster processing phones. Considering whats packed into these phones, Im surprised theyre not larger. I just wish they would spend more time on engineering longer life batteries.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

• Like 1

Phones are getting larger because people are demanding more power and faster processing phones. Considering whats packed into these phones, Im surprised theyre not larger. I just wish they would spend more time on engineering longer life batteries.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

Im sure the chips are not that much bigger, in fact should they be smaller? I thought that they were using a 23nm chip. With technology getting better and better parts should get smaller. Look at laptops from 10 years ago. Plus the whole larger and thinner this is just a recipes for disaster, i don't want to sit down and snap my phone.

I would also wait for some poor schmuck on S4GRU to test the device in low signal and fringe areas compared to other devices before buying it ;) oh wait.. That's us.

Sent from my little Note2

• Like 2

The price drop of the old devices has started. <br /><br />http://www.droid-life.com/2013/03/14/amazon-wireless-hosting-deal-on-galaxy-s3-and-galaxy-note-2-devices/<br /><br />For a penny the s3 would be a great upgrade for me wife. <br /><br />Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD<br />

Too bad those prices are only for new lines! D'oh!