Samsung Galaxy S4 Rumored for March 14th of 2013

HappyHappy

i have an s2 due for an upgrade in 5 days! Im waiting for the s4. The s3 is not to much differ except sbeam and lte.

The difference between the GS2 and GS3 is huge. But, since you're this close to the GS4, I see why you'd want to wait.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 2

While the S4 is going to be announced in a few weeks, do we know when it will actually be released? Could be an additional 8-12 weeks.

Exactly, it won't be on Sprint until June/July. This has been the pattern with every other Galaxy phone.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

i have an s2 due for an upgrade in 5 days! Im waiting for the s4. The s3 is not to much differ except sbeam and lte.

depending on if LTE is available or not in your area, should drive your upgrade. If LTE is live now most of the places you spend time, I say get an S3 now and start working towards that next upgrade when LTE 800/2600 will be available. If you are in an area with wimax then stay on the S2 and wait the few months until the S4 is available. If neither WiMax nor LTE is available, then shit, that sucks...

• Like 1

I don't mind giving Apple a try if they make the right size phone.3.5-inch and 4 sorry not my favorite size anymore.I read some reports/rumors about an iphone with a 4.8-inch screen to be released in 2014

I think they are doing a 5 in. It was on CNN or NYTIMES weeks ago.

I just feel Apple is scared to try new things. On the other hand, Android are the first to have newer techs.

Just a personal thought: Although Apple file patents accusing who copied this and that, but actually they are the ones copying in a way.

• Like 1

depending on if LTE is available or not in your area, should drive your upgrade. If LTE is live now most of the places you spend time, I say get an S3 now and start working towards that next upgrade when LTE 800/2600 will be available. If you are in an area with wimax then stay on the S2 and wait the few months until the S4 is available. If neither WiMax nor LTE is available, then shit, that sucks...

The only area Wimax is in Cities. I live CT waterbury, danbury all have it and i live dead smack in the middle with 3g. But they have been working on my towers.

yea i know the quad core, 2gigs of ram, multi shot. But i do not like the push to home button big turn off.

I mean push home button has it reliability as well. At first I hate the push home button but I got use to it. I like it more than the regular home android button.

You really have to bear with it for a few weeks before you start liking it.

I mean push home button has it reliability as well. At first I hate the push home button but I got use to it. I like it more than the regular home android button.

Sounds almost like an arranged marriage to me. You will eventually grow to love it LOL

I'm ambivalent on the Hard home button, but believe we can all agree that the soft Menu/Back buttons are useless for the stylus s pen and that needs to be addressed in some way in any future products.

Looks like Samsung has confirmed the SGS4 announcement for March 14th. The bigger question is whether Sprint or Samsung will screw it up by only offering 1900 MHz LTE support like they did with the HTC One. I am really hoping to see the first tri band LTE phone with 800/1900/2500 MHz support. It would show a great sign that Sprint is acknowledging that 800 MHz LTE is indeed going to be a reality this year and owners of LTE phones from this point forward is expected to get 800 MHz LTE support.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/02/24/samsung-confirms-galaxy-s-iv-launch-on-march-14th-in-nyc/

I doubt they wasted time and money on LTE 800 support, since most s4 will be deprecated by the time it's available. Remember, mo guts mo money for the device. <br /><br />Edit: the fcc doc for sprint version doesn't show 800 LTE. No surprise for me. <br /><br />Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br /><br />

Looks like Samsung has confirmed the SGS4 announcement for March 14th. The bigger question is whether Sprint or Samsung will screw it up by only offering 1900 MHz LTE support like they did with the HTC One.

Come on, Eric, your rhetoric on the LTE band matter is really over the top. Tone it down. None of us are privy to the decisions made behind closed doors, yet you act as if Sprint and HTC are necessarily myopic or incompetent. If you believe that, get out, move on. Find another carrier and/or another device maker because I see neither Sprint nor HTC changing to please you anytime soon.

Also, trust me, as soon as LTE 800 and TD-LTE 2600 capabilities are added to a device, some will eventually complain that their particular markets have neither LTE 800 nor TD-LTE 2600 -- just like many "4G" handset subs have complained about lack of WiMAX. It just goes to show that you cannot please everyone.

AJ

• Like 5

Sounds almost like an arranged marriage to me. You will eventually grow to love it LOL

I'm ambivalent on the Hard home button, but believe we can all agree that the soft Menu/Back buttons are useless for the stylus s pen and that needs to be addressed in some way in any future products.

Nice. hahah. Arranged Marriage..... :tu:

Looks like Samsung has confirmed the SGS4 announcement for March 14th. The bigger question is whether Sprint or Samsung will screw it up by only offering 1900 MHz LTE support like they did with the HTC One. I am really hoping to see the first tri band LTE phone with 800/1900/2500 MHz support. It would show a great sign that Sprint is acknowledging that 800 MHz LTE is indeed going to be a reality this year and owners of LTE phones from this point forward is expected to get 800 MHz LTE support.

http://www.engadget....ch-14th-in-nyc/

Sprint currently is only rolling out 1900 LTE. I think it is quite reasonable not to have 800 Support on SG4.

• Like 2

I'm probably an outlier (as I'm talking the Note II anyways aka the Big S3), but I changed my device to use the tablet UI along with a navbar. My home button is now a glorified power button.

I'm betting I'll have to wait for the Note III in October before I can get a phone with 800MHz LTE. This Galaxy S 4 is coming out too quickly after the HTC One to support it and the Motorola X will be too Google Vanilla to have it (ala T-Mobile Nexus S not having HSPA+).

I hope Samsung proves me wrong!

I'm betting I'll have to wait for the Note III in October before I can get a phone with 800MHz LTE. This Galaxy S 4 is coming out too quickly after the HTC One to support it and the Motorola X will be too Google Vanilla to have it (ala T-Mobile Nexus S not having HSPA+).

I hope Samsung proves me wrong!

I think they will not put 800 capability into phones yet. Sprint has no 800 LTE, so it will probably be another year or two.

I think they will not put 800 capability into phones yet. Sprint has no 800 LTE' date=' so it will probably be another year or two.[/quote']

Sprint started putting 800CDMA voice in phones well over a year before it started showing up, and LTE 1900 phones were released over 3 months before the first LTE enabled tower was lit up for public use, so LTE 800 devices could potentially be released in the coming months.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forum Runner

• Like 1

Sprint started putting 800CDMA voice in phones well over a year before it started showing up, and LTE 1900 phones were released over 3 months before the first LTE enabled tower was lit up for public use, so LTE 800 devices could potentially be released in the coming months.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forum Runner

It may be wishful thinking, but we will keep our fingers crossed