Iphone 5S and Iphone 6 for 2013

HappyHappy

Hold the phone! Apple is going to release iPhone 6 this year?! No way! That would only follow the schedule for every iPhone released thus far.

;)

AJ

• Like 2

Hold the phone! Apple is going to release iPhone 6 this year?! No way! That would only follow the schedule for every iPhone released thus far.

;)

AJ

Actually, it wouldn't. The release cycle has been, so far:

1.) iPhone

2.) iPhone 3G

3.) iPhone 3GS

4.) iPhone 4

5.) iPhone 4S

6.) iPhone 5

So the pattern is:

1.) Revolutionary new iPhone.

2.) Same iPhone with revolutionary new features. (Speed in 3GS, Siri in 4S)

3.) Revolutionary new iPhone.

Well, they've never released two phones in one year, so it doesn't follow the schedule at all. It is all rumors though and I don't see it happening.

A 5 inch iphone would be interesting, especially if the battery life was out of this world. Unless it offered something amazing over my Note 2, I'd probably pass.

edit: Beaten to the punch

Edited by jason22

You guys are missing the joke. That a new iPhone will be released in a given year is hardly breaking news. Talk of a new iPhone lasts *only* everyday for the 150-250 days in the year before a new iPhone is inevitably released.

Sigh...

AJ

• Like 1

Any hope of apple ever destroying android went away when Steve Jobs passed away. Anyway, what apple needs to do is release the rumored iphone 10.

iphone10.jpg

• Like 9

Any hope of apple ever destroying android went away when Steve Jobs passed away. Anyway, what apple needs to do is release the rumored iphone 10.

iphone10.jpg

That makes a nice tv remote

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

What features are going to missing this time and the crippled features as revolutionary?

Here's the revolutionary radio chipset that can't do SVLTE or SVDO... Ooooooo... Ahhh.... Wow.....

Sent from my little Note2

What features are going to missing this time and the crippled features as revolutionary?

Here's the revolutionary radio chipset that can't do SVLTE or SVDO... Ooooooo... Ahhh.... Wow.....

Hey, there was a valid reason for that. There has been one incident in the 4 months I've had this phone that no SVDO/SVLTE gave me a problem.

Hey, there was a valid reason for that. There has been one incident in the 4 months I've had this phone that no SVDO/SVLTE gave me a problem.

Mehhh... Just going to step out of the koolaid thread, the mockery just draws me in every time.

I do not get apple. EVERY iphone/ipod has been based off one damn model. There crap is getting cheesy. The great thing about android is, the OS is ALWAYS and i mean ALWAYS improving. This is why i prefer Android(Samsung)phones over iPhone phones

Okay, people, if you want to keep this thread open, keep the ad nauseum Android/iOS debate to a minimum.

Thanks...

AJ

• Like 3

Mehhh... Just going to step out of the koolaid thread, the mockery just draws me in every time.

We get it. You don't like the iPhone. I swear you post in this forum more than actual iPhone users.

Sent from my iPad/iPhone using Tapatalk

We get it. You don't like the iPhone. I swear you post in this forum more than actual iPhone users.

Sent from my iPad/iPhone using Tapatalk

No, I can care less what it is called or what color it is.

Okay, people, if you want to keep this thread open, keep the ad nauseum Android/iOS debate to a minimum.

Thanks...

AJ

Its funny how just about any apple news turns into a ios vs android debate. Anyway to get back on topic I just don't see apple coming out with two different iphones around the same time. I think the iphone 5s will be the typical minor refresh from the iphone 5 but I do think that the iphone 6 will have a larger screen than 4 inches but then again there are two current versions of the ipad that are different sizes so who knows. It will be interesting to see how this will play out but apple is really leaving a hell of a lot of money on the table with their one size fits all approach.

It will be interesting to see how this will play out but apple is really leaving a hell of a lot of money on the table with their one size fits all approach.

This is why the idea is atleast plausible. They already down sized the iPad(mini) to try to cash in on the smaller than 10 tablet market. The only two things that might stop Apple from coming out with two phones in one year is the possible cross shopping of two new iPhone models and the number of iPhone models currently in production. Assuming they drop the iPhone 4 that would leave the 4s,5,5s and 6. Thats four phones with three diffrent designs. Unheard of for Apple and it may decrease their profit margin on each device sold.

No, I can care less what it is called or what color it is.

And yet you're in this forum.

On topic, I'd be surprised to see the iPhone go the iPad two-size route. Apple might eventually go with a slightly larger than 4” size, but I'm not sure the market for big phones is large enough to make it worthwhile for them.

I don't think Apple will come out with another different sized device. We'll see the iPhone 5S come out this year with perhaps a better camera, or something minor, and next year we'll see a 6, which will have something crazy and unique. Maybe thinner, with a higher res screen, or something out of the box.

I foresee NFC in the 6.

Apple rumors are worse than assholes - everyone's got several and there's always more crap coming out :)

Don't pay any attention. Apple will do whatever they think makes for a great product.

We can also be sure they won't make the phone bigger or battery life worse to support SVDO because it requires two separate channels, one to run CDMA 1X, another to keep pumping LTE or EVDO. They aren't going to do that just to temporarily accommodate an end-of-life technology only used by a few carriers worldwide. There's nothing wrong with VoLTE, Skype is VoIP and makes up 1/3 of all international phone traffic now - that's over all sorts of random internet connections, WiFi routers, etc. In fact I can hold Skype conversations over Sprint LTE just fine, the only reason I drop a call is because the LTE coverage isn't 100% and the 3G network is worse than dialup, but so long as I keep an LTE signal it even hands-off between towers reasonably well - and that's tech not even aware its running on a cell network!

As soon as Sprint deploys it, the whole simultaneous voice/data problem goes away. (LTE supports QoS to dedicate bandwidth to the voice traffic so it will be perfectly reliable.)

Don't come into the Apple/iOS forum, take a big ol' dump on everything, then act innocent/offended when people get upset. You knew what you were doing and did it on purpose.

I don't go into the Android subforums because I don't give a shit about Android and will never use it, therefore I have no reason to bother those people.

Do us all a favor and extend the same courtesy. If any Apple users pester you over there, report them to the mods.

Speaking of, I'd like to recommend a ban for blatant trolling by Rukin1, Exhibit #1:

I do not get apple. EVERY iphone/ipod has been based off one damn model. There crap is getting cheesy. The great thing about android is, the OS is ALWAYS and i mean ALWAYS improving. This is why i prefer Android(Samsung)phones over iPhone phones

• Like 1

We can also be sure they won't make the phone bigger or battery life worse to support SVDO because it requires two separate channels, one to run CDMA 1X, another to keep pumping LTE or EVDO.

Power management has nothing to do with it. The issue is antenna design and separate transmit paths. Apple's external antenna design is both an advantage and a limitation.

They aren't going to do that just to temporarily accommodate an end-of-life technology only used by a few carriers worldwide.

"The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated."

CDMA1X will still be alive and kicking five years from now. You can come back then and eat crow.

AJ