iOS 6.1 Jailbreak Available

Deval

Well you might be able to sideload a certain super awesome PRL.

I tried to load a PRL. Failed. Even with my advanced knowledge of the iOS filesystem.

Is there any good reason to jailbreak?

Yes. Makes the phone on par with a S3 or Note 2 minus the super-large screen.

Cydia. Apple's Appstore black market. ;)

Sent from my Rooted Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2.

Too bad the load from the thousands of jailbreakers is bringing it to its knees right now. It should be working fine in 2-3 days.

Once it is up, these are the tweaks to download.

1. Monocole- run any app in full screen.
  2. Auxo- amazing multitasking alternative. Must download.
  3. AnyLockApp- change the slide to open camera on the lockscreen to any app you want.
  4. Flux- changes screen warmth to match light in room. This is one of my favorites.
  5. iFile- browse iOS filesystem. My absolute favorite jailbreak app, bar none. You'll need this to flash PRLs (once someone or I figures out how to do it).
  6. SBSettings- access Settings app toggles from home screen or anywhere. Must download.
  7. Winterboard- this isn't compatible with iPhone 5 yet, but it allows you to theme your device. Must download.
  8. SwipeBack- simply swipe to the left on the screen to go back in a menu, rather then press the back button.
  9. Accellerate- make iOS animations faster.
  10. Activoice- Open Google Now (yes, Google Now) with a simple gesture, whether it be a shake of the device, or another gesture.

There's a lot more that I love, but those are my favorites.

EDIT: Wait one more!

BiteSMS- Alternative to the basic Messages App. Adds tons more features, including Quick Reply.

• Like 2

Too bad the load from the thousands of jailbreakers is bringing it to its knees right now. It should be working fine in 2-3 days.

Once it is up, these are the tweaks to download.

1. Monocole- run any app in full screen.
  2. Auxo- amazing multitasking alternative. Must download.
  3. AnyLockApp- change the slide to open camera on the lockscreen to any app you want.
  4. Flux- changes screen warmth to match light in room. This is one of my favorites.
  5. iFile- browse iOS filesystem. My absolute favorite jailbreak app, bar none. You'll need this to flash PRLs (once someone or I figures out how to do it).
  6. SBSettings- access Settings app toggles from home screen or anywhere. Must download.
  7. Winterboard- this isn't compatible with iPhone 5 yet, but it allows you to theme your device. Must download.
  8. SwipeBack- simply swipe to the left on the screen to go back in a menu, rather then press the back button.
  9. Accellerate- make iOS animations faster.
  10. Activoice- Open Google Now (yes, Google Now) with a simple gesture, whether it be a shake of the device, or another gesture.

There's a lot more that I love, but those are my favorites.

Yeah... it's been a long time coming so I guess I can understand why it's a bit sluggish. :P

Works great, the stock wheather app is broken but there is already a fix on the evaders site if you don't want to wait for them to fix it.

Mine works fine. Anyway, the fix will be incorporated into a update if the evasi0n 6.x untether package in Cydia. And the Apple Weather app is horrible anyway.

I know I could easily google this but I'm taking the lazy approach (for what it's worth I am on vacation right now). Is this JB tethered or untethered?

untethered.

I'm looking for what the perks of JB'ing are. Also, is there a way to restore all my apps like Titanium Backup for Android? I'd hate to redownload all of them.

• Like 1

Do you find that worth paying for? I might buy it.

Springtomize has replaced about 30 other tweaks I would normally have had to install just to set up my phone the way I want it. I still haven't even explored all of its options. I would suggest it 110%.

Springtomize has replaced about 30 other tweaks I would normally have had to install just to set up my phone the way I want it. I still haven't even explored all of its options. I would suggest it 110%.

Okay. I'll get it soon. :tu:

• 3 weeks later...

FYI: the latest 6.1.3 build patches the exploit and breaks the jailbreak. Apparently there were two vulnerabilities and I think Apple is patching both of them... No idea why they didn't just ship one so the tool could be updated when that hole was patched.

Unfortunately any hole that allows jailbreaking is a hole that malware/virus writers might attempt to exploit, so I see this cat and mouse game continuing.

I still think Apple should have a program to self-sign code for your own phone, maybe a nominal fee or whatever to get the certificate, suitable for people who want to tinker and understand the risks.

FYI: the latest 6.1.3 build patches the exploit and breaks the jailbreak. Apparently there were two vulnerabilities and I think Apple is patching both of them... No idea why they didn't just ship one so the tool could be updated when that hole was patched.

Unfortunately any hole that allows jailbreaking is a hole that malware/virus writers might attempt to exploit, so I see this cat and mouse game continuing.

I still think Apple should have a program to self-sign code for your own phone, maybe a nominal fee or whatever to get the certificate, suitable for people who want to tinker and understand the risks.

I like the idea of a program for that kind of stuff, but Apple is so strict even with the Mac OS that any apps that don't abide by the Sandbox API are automatically rejected from the App Store now. MPlayerX stopped distributing by App Store as a result.

The Apple Developer Program allows you to do that. $99 a year, and you can sign your own code. There's even an HTML5 site that allows developers to install Cydia packages without a jailbreak.

I know, my app is available in the store right now (Storm Sim)

I mean for hobbyists - something cheaper and more oriented toward non-programmers.

I would love that... I don't want to spend $99. And I never will.

I have a tweak recommendation for everyone. Check out BatteryDoctorPro. Amazing app for lock screen toggles, battery control/conservation. It's free on BigBoss.

I tried to load a PRL. Failed. Even with my advanced knowledge of the iOS filesystem.

Yes. Makes the phone on par with a S3 or Note 2 minus the super-large screen.

On par? I think it just decimates any other device on the market period.

... That's just me though. Jailbroke every apple product I ever bought since '08. :-)

On par? I think it just decimates any other device on the market period.

... That's just me though. Jailbroke every apple product I ever bought since '08. :-)

Bit of bias there, don't you think?

It's definitely a great device. But I wouldn't go as far as saying it decimates every other device on the market.

Yeah, I jailbroke my first iPhone, on Cingular/AT&T. AppTapp, iLiberty. Installer.app. Back when Cydia was an alternate app store that no one used. Ah, those were the days.