Got the mophie juicepack for the GS3. Thoughts and comments.

Gab2012

Hey guys, lately I've had to study and be out on the road weekdays from 5am to 7pm. By 3pm my phones battery would be at 15%.

I thought about buying a spare battery for my phone and switching on the fly but I thought it would be a hassle to charge two things at once.

I bit the bullet and bought the mophie juice pack in matte black for my phone.

Its great, protects the phone and most importantly it has a 2200mah battery to keep me charged.

The only con for me was the price $99.99. But knowing I can be out all day without carrying batteries or cables is great. Ill post pictures of it when I get home tonight

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Mophie is the greatest. I bought one for my iPhone 3Gs, and it still works to this day. I gave it to my friend, and it help keeps her 3Gs from running out of juice for over half a day, and she's on the phone quite a bit of the day.

I got one of those when I was using my Photon Q. The battery life was awful on it, so i went to Best Buy and picked up one of those, except I got the 6,000 mah one. I couldn't for the life of me get it to charge my Photon Q! Wouldn't work with any Android USB cable, even the factory one. Worked on my friends Motorola Droid Razr MAXX, but not on my phone. So I took it back and got a different brand one, same mah, but it works great! Has the iPhone charger, Android, and 2 USB ports on it. It's called MyCharge.

Still puzzles me as to why it worked with other phones, but not the Photon Q..... :blink:

I bit the bullet and bought the mophie juice pack in matte black for my phone.

Its great, protects the phone and most importantly it has a 2200mah battery to keep me charged.

The only con for me was the price $99.99. But knowing I can be out all day without carrying batteries or cables is great. Ill post pictures of it when I get home tonight

I bought a juice pack from an outfit called Gorilla Gadgets several weeks ago, after talking to someone who had a Mophie and really liked it. I looked into Mophie pricing and thought the Mophie seemed too expensive (I got each of my GS3's for less than the price of the Mophie, 2 of them for less than 1/2). I bought the Gorilla for about $30 including shipping, although the price is now shown as $39.99 (Gorilla Gadgets 3300mAh Extended Battery Case for Samsung Galaxy S3 CODE: CHR-0055). It comes in a variety of colors.

2 years ago, I had bought extended batteries from the same place for all of my family's battery-challenged 0G HTC Evo's, and had been very pleased with them. Once I received the Gorilla juice pack, I liked it enough that I promptly bought another one for my daughter's GS3. It just about doubles the GS3's battery life, and has the interesting feature that the external battery is turned off by default, and only needs to be turned on when the GS3 battery needs a charge. It also has an LED charge indicator. It extends the GS3's physical length to just about the length of a Note 2, but adds no width and little depth. It also acts a a crash case.

2 negatives: 1. It seems to block NFC; 2. You have to remove the phone from the juice pack to connect to a PC using USB. The second one caused me some frustration until I figured it out.

Disclaimer: I am not employed by, nor do I have any financial relationship with Gorilla Gadgets. I just happen to like their products (and prices).

Do they make one for the Note2? I could charge my phone once a week!

Sent from my little Note2

Gorilla Gadgets 4000mAh Extended Battery Case with Flip Cover for Samsung Galaxy Note 2

CODE: CHR-0061-

• 2 weeks later...

Just ordered mine, thanks for the heads up and saving me 60$. I got 4500mAH with a case the made for it.

I bought a juice pack from an outfit called Gorilla Gadgets several weeks ago, after talking to someone who had a Mophie and really liked it. I looked into Mophie pricing and thought the Mophie seemed too expensive (I got each of my GS3's for less than the price of the Mophie, 2 of them for less than 1/2). I bought the Gorilla for about $30 including shipping, although the price is now shown as $39.99 (Gorilla Gadgets 3300mAh Extended Battery Case for Samsung Galaxy S3 CODE: CHR-0055). It comes in a variety of colors.

2 years ago, I had bought extended batteries from the same place for all of my family's battery-challenged 0G HTC Evo's, and had been very pleased with them. Once I received the Gorilla juice pack, I liked it enough that I promptly bought another one for my daughter's GS3. It just about doubles the GS3's battery life, and has the interesting feature that the external battery is turned off by default, and only needs to be turned on when the GS3 battery needs a charge. It also has an LED charge indicator. It extends the GS3's physical length to just about the length of a Note 2, but adds no width and little depth. It also acts a a crash case.

2 negatives: 1. It seems to block NFC; 2. You have to remove the phone from the juice pack to connect to a PC using USB. The second one caused me some frustration until I figured it out.

Disclaimer: I am not employed by, nor do I have any financial relationship with Gorilla Gadgets. I just happen to like their products (and prices).