New update for Evo 4G LTE

Jaggrey

i noticed the LTE connection difference as well. i looked into the LTE scan timer and BSR Max timers and noticed they had changed after the maintenence release. i cant remember the values it set when JB was released, but i "think" they were higher with this maintenance release. i set mine back to 1 and 1, and have the same quick connect and long hold time as i did with the original JB release. my wife's takes longer to connect and disconnects easier. i have not changed her settings yet.

Have you noticed if changing the settings affects your battery life?

i actually changed the settings within a day or two of installing the maintenance release. i had already noticed an increase in battery life with the maintenance release. but i have not noticed a decrease with my changes. if there is, its not enough for me to notice. i work inside a building where i have very low signal all day, so my battery is at about 55% by the end of the day(now). prior to the maintenance release, it was at around 30% with the same 1 and 1 settings.

The values for LTE scan timer and BSR Max timers are 5 and 4 with the JB release. Mine stayed the same with the maintenance release.

i guess it is just wishful thinking on my part then. ;)

I think the signal threshold changed with the maintenance release. It won't connect or hold to a weaker signal like before.

after changing mine back to 1 and 1 on the timers, it seems to be connecting just as it did before. but i have always had mine set at that. it became much better with JB, but seems to be the same with the MR. i dont really have a comparison with the stock settings.

Sorry for the dumb question... but how do you get to the LTE menu to check the values of LTE timer and BSR timer?

##data# from the dial pad.

Sent from my iPad4 using TapatalkHD

Just my observations since the update:

-I cannot test LTE connectivity since NV has yet to begin here in Phx.

-The battery life has significantly improved. Back to how it was before the JellyBean update. I'm back to getting 24 to 30 hrs on each charge. Love it!

-Proximity sensor works great.

-I have had no issues with Google Nav. Yesterday I used it on a drive from North Phx to South Scottsdale, and it worked perfectly.

I have noticed a drastic lack of connecting to LTE. My partner has the EVO without the update, and mines with the update, his connected automatically to LTE while mines stayed on 3G. I've tested this on multiple occasions already.

Has anyone found a fix for this?

-Luis

I have noticed a drastic lack of connecting to LTE. My partner has the EVO without the update, and mines with the update, his connected automatically to LTE while mines stayed on 3G. I've tested this on multiple occasions already.

-Luis

not even HTC has a fix for it, Im calling it a defective LTE antenna

-Luis

The update seems to have increased the scan time again, so it seems that it now takes longer to connect to LTE. If you want, you can edit the scan time and from what I've heard it takes it back to hire it would connect before the update.

Sent from my GS3 using Tapatalk 2

I can't tell the difference personally but that may be due to the fact that I am in atlanta and I have lte everywhere, :D .

• Like 3

The values for LTE scan timer and BSR Max timers are 5 and 4 with the JB release. Mine stayed the same with the maintenance release.

I think what has changed is the threshold of when it will connect to LTE. If your in a marginal area, it seems you can't connect or reconnect like before.

I contacted Sprint to get my MSL, but they wouldn't give it to me. Their reasoning was that my phone is under contract. Is this typical? I hear of people getting their MSL all of the time, but I also assume that most people are under the 2 year contract.

Is there some way I can trick them into giving it to me, or do I just call and talk to someone else?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I contacted Sprint to get my MSL, but they wouldn't give it to me. Their reasoning was that my phone is under contract. Is this typical? I hear of people getting their MSL all of the time, but I also assume that most people are under the 2 year contract.

Is there some way I can trick them into giving it to me, or do I just call and talk to someone else?

You called them? I called and asked for the MSL, and got the code and was off the phone in about 1 minute. Very easy, didn't really require much effort at all on my part. Maybe it just depends on who answers the phone?

I would say that 8 times out of 10 if you simply just call just to ask for your msl they will say no. You might have better luck simply just calling back and asking again. If you were rooted though, you could use msl reader to get it that way which is a lot easier.

Another easy way to get your MSL code is to activate another phone online. Every time you use the automated online activation, they will email you your MSL code automatically.

But note, that it only works when changing between one LTE device and another LTE device. The online activation fails for me when switching out LTE to WiMax and vice versa. I always have to call when a WiMax device is involved. And when you call to activate, you don't get the email.

If you have another LTE device just switch them out online and you will get MSL code emails for both. Every time I switch out a device for the first time, I log its MSL code in Evernote for safe keeping. And all is right with the world. ;)

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 5