New update for Evo 4G LTE

Jaggrey

OK. just finished the update:

1) Prox sensor works good (didn't really had any issues with this)

2) I now notice that when you go to apps, the amount of app storage available is incorrect. It says way more than what it actually is. I hope I don't run into a (low storage) situation and I can't install apps anymore....

Under storage, app storage states apps: 406MB. other: 4.05GB. I don't know what this "other" is...

However, when you go to phone storage (internal storage), this has been corrected (whereas before it would show up as unavailable).

NOTE: When you check for device storage through the sprint zone app, everything shows up correctly....

3) Navigation crashes... I did not have the opportunity to test this... and won't until I get out of work today. But if anybody out there can report back, that would be great.

4) When I put the phone in vibrate profile, I still don't get a vibrate alert when I get a text message (still not fixed)....This was working before JB update, but it is not my top priority.

these are what I noticed so far.....

• Like 1

OK... I just noticed what is happening.. .For #2 above, the scaling is incorrect. (it says 4.xx GB out of 6.xx GB), which leaves me with about 1.6xx GB of space vailable for apps which seems correct since we only get 2GB for app storage). But for some reason, this "other" 4.xx GB is taking up and messing up the total internal (app) storage....

• Like 1

I noticed it removed the automatic debug mode on connection to the PC but did not address the hotspot and usb drive/htc sync connection issues. I liked the options before in ICS where we decided what we wanted to do. Did not remove the power save mode from the task bar; i have not checked the proximity sensor issue yet either. I will test the 4g after work and see how well that holds up.

Edited by CAREND

from google maps to navigation

I tried from navigation directly and it still crashes. I think Google might have to release an update to the maps app as this as been reported on the s3 as well after JB update....

Anyone else have issues of the alarm not going off? Twice already this past month it didn't go off even though it's set for Mon-Fri at 5:30AM? Not sure if it is an isolated event, or maybe something others have noticed and this update has maybe fixed?

I've never had any navigation issues, including with this update. If a factory reset doesn't fix the issue, there may be a hardware problem with your phone's GPS.

Its not a hardware issue and a factory reset does not fix it. There is a thread over on android central if you want more details. In summary, everything worked fine with ICS and now it doesn't.

OK... I just noticed what is happening.. .For #2 above, the scaling is incorrect. (it says 4.xx GB out of 6.xx GB), which leaves me with about 1.6xx GB of space vailable for apps which seems correct since we only get 2GB for app storage). But for some reason, this "other" 4.xx GB is taking up and messing up the total internal (app) storage....

I don't think its incorrect. I think what they are doing is also including the android OS and all the processes in that total. Before that 4GB partition was not included so if you had a 16 GB device it would show that you had 2GB of app storage and 10GB of Phone storage. People were probably asking "If I have a 16GB phone why am I only seeing 12GB?" At least that is how I took it. But heck I don't work at HTC or Sprint so I could be wrong.

I don't think its incorrect. I think what they are doing is also including the android OS and all the processes in that total. Before that 4GB partition was not included so if you had a 16 GB device it would show that you had 2GB of app storage and 10GB of Phone storage. People were probably asking "If I have a 16GB phone why am I only seeing 12GB?" At least that is how I took it. But heck I don't work at HTC or Sprint so I could be wrong.

Actually it makes sence. No matter how you look at it (before or after), I still have the same app storage space as before, but as you stated before, it seems that it is showing partitioned differently this time.

Anyone else have issues of the alarm not going off? Twice already this past month it didn't go off even though it's set for Mon-Fri at 5:30AM? Not sure if it is an isolated event, or maybe something others have noticed and this update has maybe fixed?

That's strange, I've been having a problem that I'm trying to sleep and my alarm goes off and wakes me up. ;)

I have been running custom roms for a while not sure if you are running stock or not but I have been having an issue with my alarm as well. What I notice is if I set my alarm(with the alarm clock notification showing on the top of the screen) it will go off when it suppose to just fine. If I set the alarm and reset the phone, then the alarm clock notification will be gone from the top of the screen and it won't alarm but if I go into the alarm settings the alarms are still set. So basically if I have to reset my phone for any reason I make sure I go back into my alarm settings, uncheck then recheck the box and the notification icon will show up again and the alarm will go off just fine.