EVO cutting off texts

smorcy11

So my Evo is cutting off my texts, I assume at the 160 character mark. My GS2 would always send it all no matter how many characters I had.

Is there a setting I can change to make it send it all or at least split it up into 2 texts

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

So my Evo is cutting off my texts, I assume at the 160 character mark. My GS2 would always send it all no matter how many characters I had.

Is there a setting I can change to make it send it all or at least split it up into 2 texts

check xda for an apk of the messaging app with the split build in (have to be rooted) or try gosms and see if that works?>

check xda for an apk of the messaging app with the split build in (have to be rooted) or try gosms and see if that works?>

I'll have to look at the aftermarket text apps and see. Dont know why HTC wouldnt get this right.

What? Perhaps something is wrong with your phone? I've always been able to send texts longer than 160 characters with absolutely no problem. It automatically breaks them into multiple texts for me. This is using the stock messaging app. I also use Handcent for messaging, it gives you options for how you want your message to be broken up, whether by word or just cut wherever 160 characters end. But it always sends everything I type.

This has always been the case for every EVO I have owned.

• Like 1

What? Perhaps something is wrong with your phone? I've always been able to send texts longer than 160 characters with absolutely no problem. It automatically breaks them into multiple texts for me. This is using the stock messaging app. I also use Handcent for messaging, it gives you options for how you want your message to be broken up, whether by word or just cut wherever 160 characters end. But it always sends everything I type.

This has always been the case for every EVO I have owned.

I highly doubt this would be an issue with my phone in particular

I highly doubt this would be an issue with my phone in particular

Well, I haven't heard of any other EVO doing this. Which would lead me to believe it is an issue with your phone in particular.

It's possible you have something in the settings wrong, but I can't imagine what. I can't find anything in the settings that would cause this issue.

mine (before i gave it to my dad) would do that also until i rooted phone and installed a custom rom with the messaging app built in that auto splits texts

I went ahead and downloaded Chomp SMS instead of the stock messaging app. Not sure why my phone decided not to do it... but Chomp seems to work fine, and even have some features the stock one does not.

CM10 devs for the Sprint Galaxy S3 have noted this same behavior with that phone as well, but only for a small subset of users. They argue that it is an isolated Sprint network issue and introduced a custom messaging APK to manually split the messages. So, as others have recommended, a different messaging app is probably what you need.

I went ahead and downloaded Chomp SMS instead of the stock messaging app. Not sure why my phone decided not to do it... but Chomp seems to work fine, and even have some features the stock one does not.

I would recommend Handcent SMS, I have used that ever since my OG EVO, and think it works great. But if Chomp fixed your problem, then whatever works. Such an odd problem. Hadn't heard of it before.

I would recommend Handcent SMS, I have used that ever since my OG EVO, and think it works great. But if Chomp fixed your problem, then whatever works. Such an odd problem. Hadn't heard of it before.

I've used Handcent before with my first Evo. When I went to download, the most recent reviews were bad, people claiming some issues since the latest update.... so I moved on the Chomp. They all had 4 1/2 stars, and so far so good with Chomp.

I've used Handcent before with my first Evo. When I went to download, the most recent reviews were bad, people claiming some issues since the latest update.... so I moved on the Chomp. They all had 4 1/2 stars, and so far so good with Chomp.

Interesting, I haven't looked at the reviews in a long time, since it's always worked fine for me. I also invested in the Handcent+ features, backing up texts and whatnot, so I've kept it around lol.

What's the draw to Chomp? I've never used it before.

Interesting, I haven't looked at the reviews in a long time, since it's always worked fine for me. I also invested in the Handcent+ features, backing up texts and whatnot, so I've kept it around lol.

What's the draw to Chomp? I've never used it before.

I think they are all pretty much the same. Offers back up and such, alot of customizable features. Chomp does offer to use wifi instead of the carrier network if you need it, but I'll never use that.

I think they are all pretty much the same. Offers back up and such, alot of customizable features. Chomp does offer to use wifi instead of the carrier network if you need it, but I'll never use that.

I've been integrated with Google Voice for as long as they've offered it, so fall back on wifi is no problem, lol.

Sadly, I don't think I've ever done that. What's the purpose and benefits?

I can receive and send texts from from any computer, tablet or otherwise. There's even an extension for Chrome that dings with a notification when I get a text, and can reply straight from the browser. It also allows you to make and receive calls inside of Gmail, and allows me to use my phone for WiFi calling when needed, using an app called GrooVe IP. Using the Google Voice app, you can text through WiFi as well. I'm not sure how WiFi texting with Chomp works, but with other things it requires a seperate number, google voice doesn't. I also enjoy the transcribed voice mails. I have it set up to text me voice mails, so I can decide if I actually need to listen to them.

There's more that I didn't hit on. Basically, the advantage to using Google Voice with Sprint is that it lets you do all this: http://www.google.com/googlevoice/about.html all the while keeping your own phone number.