SignalCheck - Android app to monitor your Wi-Fi/2G/3G/4G LTE/5G-NR signal strengths

mikejeep

Just a suggestion, and I thought this would be a neat feature....

Is there any way we could have the option to have it display the carrier name at the top so you could see at a glace what network you are on without having to go to the app directly?  :D

Concerning SCP 4.262b everything is behaving well Mike, also I sent you a PM.

Hope your enjoying the opening of the Chargers and Patriots game, I'm wearing my #12 Pats jersey...Go Pats!

• Like 1

Just a suggestion, and I thought this would be a neat feature....

Is there any way we could have the option to have it display the carrier name at the top so you could see at a glace what network you are on without having to go to the app directly?  :D

If you look at the notification pulldown, it should be right there -- or were you looking for a specific icon that would just say "Sprint"? The next update will show LTE band information in the status bar icon itself if you meant that instead of carrier.

Concerning SCP 4.262b everything is behaving well Mike, also I sent you a PM.

Hope your enjoying the opening of the Chargers and Patriots game, I'm wearing my #12 Pats jersey...Go Pats!

Glad to hear it! I replied to your e-mail a few minutes ago. Tom didn't have his best game, but he did what he needed to do to win the game and that's all that matters. They have been playing lights out, things are looking good for them once again :)

Beta crew.. check Preferences > Display Settings and go to the very last option, check it off, and see how it works for you.. it still needs some tweaking, but it's pretty cool! More bugfixes will be out later this week. Non-beta users, be patient, you'll get an early Christmas gift from me eventually..

-Mike

• Like 5

Beta looks good,  I like the new stuff. I will be traveling to SoCal this week,  so will try to give it a workout.  Great work,  Mike! 

• Like 1

i think i broke something on the beta.... i had the beta site notes enabled and it was working good. I rebooted my phone and when it came back up it wasn't showing the new site note stuff anymore. I tried turning the setting on and off but still only showed the old site notes. I even tried an uninstall and reinstall and its not showing any site notes regardless if i have the setting on or off.

let me know what you need from me to take a look.

If you look at the notification pulldown, it should be right there -- or were you looking for a specific icon that would just say "Sprint"? The next update will show LTE band information in the status bar icon itself if you meant that instead of carrier.

Glad to hear it! I replied to your e-mail a few minutes ago. Tom didn't have his best game, but he did what he needed to do to win the game and that's all that matters. They have been playing lights out, things are looking good for them once again :)

Beta crew.. check Preferences > Display Settings and go to the very last option, check it off, and see how it works for you.. it still needs some tweaking, but it's pretty cool! More bugfixes will be out later this week. Non-beta users, be patient, you'll get an early Christmas gift from me eventually..

-Mike

I mean showing in the status bar at the top "Sprint, Verizon, US Cellular, etc...".  So basically you could just press the power button to look at your phone and it would show which network you are on at the top without having to unlock it or go to the pull down menu.  :rasp:

i think i broke something on the beta.... i had the beta site notes enabled and it was working good. I rebooted my phone and when it came back up it wasn't showing the new site note stuff anymore. I tried turning the setting on and off but still only showed the old site notes. I even tried an uninstall and reinstall and its not showing any site notes regardless if i have the setting on or off.

It uses your device's location to compare that with what's saved in the Site Log, so you need to have the Location Service enabled within the app for it to work.. if it's not on, it shows the "old" style. Do you have that turned on? The location icon on the main screen of the app should be illuminated if it is.

I mean showing in the status bar at the top "Sprint, Verizon, US Cellular, etc...".  So basically you could just press the power button to look at your phone and it would show which network you are on at the top without having to unlock it or go to the pull down menu.  :rasp:

Doesn't your lock screen already show that? Someone else had asked for something similar, but the issue is I would have to make an icon for every possible provider. This isn't a Sprint-specific app, it's used worldwide, so that is a huge challenge. You cannot put text in the notification bar, only icons; all the text you see on the SignalCheck icons are actually individual graphics. I was considering logo icons up there, but then considered a copyright issue might come up.. certainly not worth it for me to get into a legal battle with cellphone companies..

-Mike

• Like 1

It uses your device's location to compare that with what's saved in the Site Log, so you need to have the Location Service enabled within the app for it to work.. if it's not on, it shows the "old" style. Do you have that turned on? The location icon on the main screen of the app should be illuminated if it is.

-Mike

unless location service turns off on a reboot it should have still been enabled. i completely forgot that uninstalling would wipe my DB so i'm working off an old backup now that doesn't have as many locations in it. i've since also tested restarting again and its working fine now. so the only conclusions i can come to is either it was a one time fluke, or my location hadn't been picked up yet so it wasn't showing anything and if i would have waited longer it would have started working.

unless location service turns off on a reboot it should have still been enabled. i completely forgot that uninstalling would wipe my DB so i'm working off an old backup now that doesn't have as many locations in it. i've since also tested restarting again and its working fine now. so the only conclusions i can come to is either it was a one time fluke, or my location hadn't been picked up yet so it wasn't showing anything and if i would have waited longer it would have started working.

....if only there was an option to import saved DBs (w/o root).....[emoji6]
  • Like 3

I love the new LTE # feature in the status bar. To be able to see the LTE band number there is awesome. I am consistently in 4 LTE bands with AT&T. This is really neat. It's what I always wanted. Merry Christmas to me!!!

I know this was a lot of work since each band would have unique images for every number. Good job!

• Like 4

I love the new LTE # feature in the status bar. To be able to see the LTE band number there is awesome. I am consistently in 4 LTE bands with AT&T. This is really neat. It's what I always wanted. Merry Christmas to me!!!

I know this was a lot of work since each band would have unique images for every number. Good job!

agreed, just a glance showed me a new B41 site either live or in testing that i'm just barely connecting to at the office.

• Like 1

Can you post a screenshot? Try as I may, I don't see that nor see a option for it in the settings. And I am at version 4.261

TS

I would say give Mike about three or four more days for the beta group to give him reports of any possible bugs.

This time around it will be a bit longer, because I expect multiple betas before it will be ready for a public release. Too many bugs hiding in there. I don't like giving timelines because that sets everyone up for a letdown, but I hope to get a public update out before Christmas.

-Mike

• Like 4

This time around it will be a bit longer, because I expect multiple betas before it will be ready for a public release. Too many bugs hiding in there. I don't like giving timelines because that sets everyone up for a letdown, but I hope to get a public update out before Christmas.

-Mike

Any chance of one more person getting in on the beta?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Any chance of one more person getting in on the beta?

I'm not looking for anyone at the moment, but thanks anyway. Gotta keep the club exclusive to keep demand high.. Honored Premier Sponsors need to enjoy some perks ;)

Will the band 41 reporting be fixed for HTC devices? As it reports the wrong plmn.

It's not just HTC devices, there are a few that don't consistently report the PLMN ID properly. A beta update went out this afternoon that implements a second method to grab that ID, hopefully it does the trick. I have a feeling it will resolve the issue for most people, but not everyone.

-Mike

• Like 2