Getting an EVO LTE by Brown Truck tomorrow

smorcy11

Got my EVO and all set up.

What do I need to know about utilizing 4G? I'm reading that you have to toggle it on and off?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I just took a quick glance at our completed sites map, Raleigh/Durham is still in the early stages of completion(probably about 1% complete) so more than likely you won't be picking up any lte signal in Durham. You should consider becoming a sponsor so that you can have access to a lot more information that could save you a lot of potential frustrations.

I just took a quick glance at our completed sites map, Raleigh/Durham is still in the early stages of completion(probably about 1% complete) so more than likely you won't be picking up any lte signal in Durham. You should consider becoming a sponsor so that you can have access to a lot more information that could save you a lot of potential frustrations.

I did previously - I had initially signed up with my twitter account and then I didn't like having my twitter feed and profile attached to the profile. So I clicked to disassociate twitter, but then I couldn't regain access to the account, so I had to activate another.

I sent s4gru admin a message about it, asking him to link the 2 accounts or just grant this account sponsor access but he hasn't replied.

I work in Raleigh and the one location in Raleigh is right nearby so that's why I was asking about the LTE.

I did previously - I had initially signed up with my twitter account and then I didn't like having my twitter feed and profile attached to the profile. So I clicked to disassociate twitter, but then I couldn't regain access to the account, so I had to activate another.

I sent s4gru admin a message about it, asking him to link the 2 accounts or just grant this account sponsor access but he hasn't replied.

I work in Raleigh and the one location in Raleigh is right nearby so that's why I was asking about the LTE.

Oh ok, well if you think you will be close enough to get an lte signal then you may or may not have to do the toggle dance. After a couple updates the lte issues with the evo has decreased quite a bit.

Got my EVO and all set up.

What do I need to know about utilizing 4G? I'm reading that you have to toggle it on and off?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

It's not that you need to toggle 4G on and off, but the phone isn't scanning for LTE constantly, so if you move into an area with LTE, and move out of it quickly, you may not know it was there. That is why we recommend toggling airplane mode when looking for LTE, because it forces the phone to re-scan for LTE.

Looks like the kinks got worked out, you're showing as a Sponsor now. Raleigh has been pretty slow as of late, but I think the number of sites accepted will start to go up here, other markets have some some more movement as of late.

yes, that's me... thanks for the welcome and thanks for pointing me to the forums here. I honestly had no clue sprint was actively working on an LTE update.

I figured I will give sprint 1 more year to catch up to the other LTE providers, it looks like it will work out.

• Like 1