Best offline GPS app

Gab2012

Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone knows about an alternative to google maps and tele nav GPS applications that features offline useage.

On the rare occasions when I actually use the GPS on my phone, I don't have a data connection. :(

If I can't find anything I'll just buy a cheap garmin unit and keep it in the glovebox for when I need it.

NavFree is an offline navigator. I have never used it though. Google maps will allow you to cache an area allowing for offline navigation, but you have to tell it to cache the area ahead of time and it only saves it for a little while.

• Like 1

This is what i used when I'm traveling on a plane. Im not sure how well it works for directions. I just used it to determine where What state I'm over while flying. Read direction to create offline maps. let me know how it works for you.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.robert.maps&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5yb2JlcnQubWFwcyJd

• 2 weeks later...
Navigon, take me away!

Sorry,I had to do it. :lol:

I make references to the old Calgon commercials occasionally and my kids look at me as if I'm from Mars.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD