HTC One preview thread (was "Any M7 takers?")

Feech

I am so pissed, I am currently at the sprint store and they won't sell me one off contract. Waiting to speak to the manager.

I am so pissed, I am currently at the sprint store and they won't sell me one off contract. Waiting to speak to the manager.

That's incredibly stupid. Do they not make commission off a no contract device?

That's incredibly stupid. Do they not make commission off a no contract device?

I don't think they do but I am making progress with the manager.

• Like 2

I don't think they do but I am making progress with the manager.

That's absolutely no reason to not sell you a device that'll work on ONLY Sprint. Hopefully they come to their senses and realize they benefit from the sale, regardless if you're on contract or not. Somebody will use that phone for Sprint services.

Anyway, in the mean time while I wait, I am playing with the display and so far rsrp on the one far exceeds my evo as well as the evo on display and the gs3 sitting next to it. I know this isn't scientific by any means but it looks like we might have a winner when it comes to lte performance.

• Like 5

Anyway, in the mean time while I wait, I am playing with the display and so far rsrp on the one far exceeds my evo as well as the evo on display and the gs3 sitting next to it. I know this isn't scientific by any means but it looks like we might have a winner when it comes to lte performance.

Thanks. Looking forward to some real world experience though.

Conspiracy Theory - They have display model access-only to LTE repeaters in the building so us geeks are fooled into thinking RF performance is better. :o

Can you compare it to the Note 2?

• Like 1

Got mine. will post up pics in a bit

So the "print" issue is fixed and debug still there. Now to do some RF testing.

So this is probably a super n00b question but how did you get the rf numbers to show up in the pull down menu?

Edit: Or up in the left hand corner too for that matter :)

So this is probably a super n00b question but how did you get the rf numbers to show up in the pull down menu?

Edit: Or up in the left hand corner too for that matter :)

That is part of the SignalCheck Pro app
  • Like 2

Finally made it back home with two brand new htc one's. These phones are really nice and so far lte seems to be connecting just fine. There is a Publix grocery store next to my sprint store and every time I go to the back of that store my gnex will continuously stay connected to lte while my evo will drop down to 3g 100% of the time. I made sure I was able to duplicate the same thing this morning before I went to sprint. After I left sprint I went back to Publix and my One stayed connected to lte just fine no matter where I was in the store just like my gnex. Again, nothing scientific here at all just real world experiences. Anyway, I am about to put my evo on my gnex line and retire my gnex for good. If anyone has any questions then let me know.

• Like 5

FYI, jegillis was kind enough to start the HTC One user thread, so most discussion should shift over there now. This thread will remain open for the time being, but we may decide to close it in the near future.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/3610-htc-one-user-thread/page__fromsearch__1

AJ

Okay, this thread has had a good run, but it looks like time to close up shop...

AJ

• Like 4