Anyone move from EVO to SIII?

ufergus

Hey could you put the VZW-SpectrumCo-Cox transaction into laymen's terms for me? I did a search but it all seems over my head. I will not disagree that Verizon seems to be not only bullies but "unethical asshats". That is one of the reasons I had never switched to them before. I don't really like doing business with companies like them but out of what is available they were the best choice for me at this time.

Also the Razr maxx hd did help in my final decision. What other phone has a battery as good as this? :)

On monday I spent a few hours hanging out in Miami(4hr layover for my next flight) with two friends of mines and they both have gs3's, we were no more than maybe 5 minutes from the airport having lunch when I noticed that my gnex was connected to 4g. So I then looked at my evo but unfortunately it was still on 3g, I ask to see my friends phones and both were also on 3g. I did the toggle dance on both gs3's and my evo and none of them would connect to lte but my gnex stayed connected just fine.

I just made the switch from the original EVO 4g to the Galaxy S3. I have to say I'm extremely impressed. Having had the Hero also, I was very accustomed to the Sense way of life. Touch Wiz has its quirks but overall, I'm enjoying my experience.

There are still little things that bug me like the inability to hold the Volume Up/Down key with the screen off to move the next/previous song or that the stock player doesn't have a lock screen widget. These issues however can be resolved obviously via other players and/or rooting.

In terms of reception, I have noticed that my 3g drops out while in my office fairly regularly if I'm messing on the phone. I didn't seem to have this problem with the EVO.

I was tempted to switch carriers but I have hope that 4G LTE will be fully rolled out in the LA area soon. I'm in the San Fernando Valley and have already experienced it in the Studio City / Burbank area just off the 134.

• Like 1