Network Vision/LTE - Toledo Market (Toledo, Bowling Green, Findlay, Lima, Port Clition)

keelerman8042

I have noticed my 3G speeds have increased to around 2mb down 1mb up in suburbs south and west of town. Still crappy speeds downtown most of the time. Do you know where and how many towers are in my area?

Yes, and if you become a sponsor you can too.

To add to this here is the information on the diffrent sponsorshipshttp://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/
  • Like 1

hello dude, you must be a newbie. That's okay this is an automated response that you always here. And just include that anybody else they all know the same thing we've always gotten the same message back. Hang in there you'll get a personal response back. Trust me lol

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I am a newbie!!! I did get a response back, from "Sarah B." at Sprint. I asked specifically for a date of when we'd start seeing LTE within the city and even more specifically when the Bancroft and Douglas tower would be accepted. I did also mention the conversation with the contractors.

The response: "I understand that you would like to receive specific detailed information as to when LTE will be available in your area of Toledo, Ohio. There are many different factors that go into choosing the cities where LTE will first become available and the amount of time that it takes to complete the upgrades once they have began. Your feedback has been noted and is a great source of information, which can be utilized to positively impact service improvements, product selections, rate plan prices and choices, customer interaction and satisfaction. Sprint is working diligently to add 4G to Sprint covered areas. To obtain a list of the current and upcoming 4G markets, please log onto www.sprint.com/4G. Thank you for being a valued Sprint customer, for your feedback and for your time. Your time is greatly appreciated. Have a wonderful day."

That was not helpful.

I am a newbie!!! I did get a response back, from "Sarah B." at Sprint. I asked specifically for a date of when we'd start seeing LTE within the city and even more specifically when the Bancroft and Douglas tower would be accepted. I did also mention the conversation with the contractors.

The response: "I understand that you would like to receive specific detailed information as to when LTE will be available in your area of Toledo, Ohio. There are many different factors that go into choosing the cities where LTE will first become available and the amount of time that it takes to complete the upgrades once they have began. Your feedback has been noted and is a great source of information, which can be utilized to positively impact service improvements, product selections, rate plan prices and choices, customer interaction and satisfaction. Sprint is working diligently to add 4G to Sprint covered areas. To obtain a list of the current and upcoming 4G markets, please log onto www.sprint.com/4G. Thank you for being a valued Sprint customer, for your feedback and for your time. Your time is greatly appreciated. Have a wonderful day."

That was not helpful.

I'm sorry to hear that, I have got that sometimes too. Unless you full on complain and rant they don't really say much. If you want an honest opinion, scince I've been here on these fourms scince the somewhat begaining of this site I would say that at this point seeing every other market grow that they will be doing them somewhat in clusters. There are atleast three sites that I know of that are ready to go. Sprints main focus was and still is to get up as many sites with equitment up and not so much on acceptances. Also backhaul is a big factor as well. This just my thoughts tho. We have been told 90 days 180 days and so on til we get LTE, nobody can really say. tho. I would think it'd be within 3 months from now..tho that's not what a lot of people want to hear, but it's better than nothing right? Hopefully this helps a little to understand what's going on, but again I'm sorry that they didn't tell ya what was going on.

I just heard of 4g live near Whitehouse, OH today. Not sure which tower

Could be, there is only one and its on the water tower seen backhual there 2.If you know who it was make sure they run sensorly.

Here's a couple of probably stupid questions...

How do I know which tower I'm connected to for data (3G)? The 1XRTT tower info is listed, but there is nothing listed under the eHRPD section about which tower the signal is coming from. Could they be coming from the same tower? If so, then why is there such a difference in the signal strength between the 1X and eHRPD?

Lastly, if you look at the screenshots, you'll notice the BID numbers are different. That means that the phone has changed towers, right? Is it normal for the phone to switch towers when it is sitting stationary on my desk? Not moving, it will constantly change between BID 426, 979, 996, and sometimes even a fourth.

Thanks a lot.

Here's a couple of probably stupid questions...

How do I know which tower I'm connected to for data (3G)? The 1XRTT tower info is listed, but there is nothing listed under the eHRPD section about which tower the signal is coming from. Could they be coming from the same tower? If so, then why is there such a difference in the signal strength between the 1X and eHRPD?

Lastly, if you look at the screenshots, you'll notice the BID numbers are different. That means that the phone has changed towers, right? Is it normal for the phone to switch towers when it is sitting stationary on my desk? Not moving, it will constantly change between BID 426, 979, 996, and sometimes even a fourth.

Thanks a lot.

Going to take a try at answering this but I may be wrong.

1.Only CDMA 1X transmits location. The developer for that app is mikejeep on this site S4GRU. The pro version gives an id but does not give a location.

http://www.bluelinepc.com/signalcheck/help/#locations

2. Voice and Data could be from the same tower but this is not a requirement.

3. Not sure on the signal difference. Could be many different factors. Towers, Antennas, Tilt, Frequency...

4. If the BID is changing that means your going from one base station to another. This could be because of signals dropping below a threshold and your phone finding a new tower. It is normal but should not be extremely excessive to the point you drop calls or have bad service.

edit: If you have a really high bid show up around 40,000 or (xAF--) show up that may be another issue.

I just heard of 4g live near Whitehouse, OH today. Not sure which tower

LTE 1900mhz, officially completed at 6779 Gilead Street in Whitehouse.

Another tower in Cecil, OH (near Indiana) has also been completed in the "Toledo Market"

Wow almost zero data in Point Place this week. I had to complain on twitter to @sprintcare again....

@redskykiter

I was in Toledo in downtown this weekend...same for me too when I was down there. One of the towers there by the border has the equitment up as well. Just an fyi for ya

Wow almost zero data in Point Place this week.  I had to complain on twitter to @sprintcare again....

@redskykiter

Oh yea out in holland today phone was completely useless until i left the area, sames goes for a big area off central avenue. Full bars useless phone. My sprint rep knows about the problems so He is looking into them currently.

high capacity site...Reynolds near Heatherdowns

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

to make sure I'm right that has the cabinets there too and backhaul?

Nm I read through the other posts.

Edited by keelerman8042

Hello everyone. 

New member here. 

Im from the Lima area and found this site trying to research the current status of LTE in my area. 

Lately the service has been just short of horrible. I spoke with a rep earlier this week and was told they are in the process of upgrading the towers here and I could look forward to LTE within 90 days. I was sent an airave for the time being to deal with the connection problems. 

Any truth to this that anyone here is aware of?

Hello everyone. 

New member here. 

Im from the Lima area and found this site trying to research the current status of LTE in my area. 

Lately the service has been just short of horrible. I spoke with a rep earlier this week and was told they are in the process of upgrading the towers here and I could look forward to LTE within 90 days. I was sent an airave for the time being to deal with the connection problems. 

Any truth to this that anyone here is aware of?

This is true.  None of the sites in Lima are complete yet.  They are in progress.  We keep maps in our Sponsor section that will show you every site in the Lima area and the current stage they are in with upgrades.  When LTE goes live, it will appear on the maps.  For more information about how to become a Sponsor, visit this link:  http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/

Robert

And :welc3: to S4GRU!

This is true.  None of the sites in Lima are complete yet.  They are in progress.  We keep maps in our Sponsor section that will show you every site in the Lima area and the current stage they are in with upgrades.  When LTE goes live, it will appear on the maps.  For more information about how to become a Sponsor, visit this link:  http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/

Robert

And :welc3: to S4GRU!

Donations sent! Thank you!

• Like 1

Posted Image I got this just this afternoon. Should we be excited? Maybe it's a good sign somthing is in the works in the next month or two for sure. Tho most of us know that a lot of sites have everything ready to go. Anyone else get this?

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

• Like 1