Network Vision/LTE - Toledo Market (Toledo, Bowling Green, Findlay, Lima, Port Clition)

keelerman8042

South end

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As i have been saying before you could always pick up LTE on the south side of lima. it has been there for months and i have also been on it as well.

EDIT: and when i say south side of lima i mean right on the edge almost in the country.

For example 

http://www.sensorly.com/map/4G/US/USA/Sprint/lte_310sprint#q=Lima%2C+OH+45801%2C+USA|coverage

This map shows whats going on in lima. it has been there for at least 4 or 5 months. the one blip on the east side of lima must be a glitch or something because i have never picked up LTE there as it fades going from south to north.

Edited by stuckinohio1

Well I live on the south and it pops on and off at different times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly. i have picked it up as far in as Apollo career center but even then its a fringe signal and drops withing a minute or 2 of picking it up.

And the sensory map shows that exact spot on the road in front of apollo. and i think i was even the one that mapped it but i cant remember.

Edited by stuckinohio1
  • Like 1

So sprint just sent me a text stating that "the all new network is here"

reallllyyyy nowwww.

A bit premature i think eh? this is the 2nd text i have gotten from sprint saying something about the network being done or this or that. the first one being in the beginning of 2014.  as far as i can tell nothing has changed in a 30 square mile radius in the lima area. well other than the tiny bit of LTE south of lima. 

EDIT: i would also like to note i know that all of the equipment and panels are in place for at least 1x800 and 1900MHz LTE and has been for at least 7 months now. its just a waiting game and i am not angry at this text at all. its just funny as hell to me.

Edited by stuckinohio1
  • Like 1

So i have noticed Verizon install at least 1 new tower and i think a 2nd new one in lima. wonder if sprint also has plans to increase coverage?

The one tower is near apollo career center (jayg2010 should know where that is) its been a somewhat deadzone for both sprint and verizon. that tower seems big enough to have more than 1 carrier on it.

Prob no, tho they have made some old nextel sites and converted them. When 800 comes around it should take care of it

yeah i was thinking that sprint already had more sites than verizon because 1900 doesnt travel as far as their 700MHz stuff. this also makes me excited because with 1x800 their coverage should blow verizon away.

Speeds have been bad recently. Spotify even skips.

attachicon.gifsprintspeeds.jpg

Edit: Would a low SNR have something to do with it?

one test is on 3G and that speed doesn't even surprise me. the 2nd test on 4G its so slow probably because there is a problem at the tower. is toledo even launched yet?

one test is on 3G and that speed doesn't even surprise me. the 2nd test on 4G its so slow probably because there is a problem at the tower. is toledo even launched yet?

Likely hood its overload. All the sites in the city of Toledo Ohio are high capacity sites too, so that tells ya we need some type of capacity. Which in turn is why thy are putting up 2500 equitment. When they will turn it on idk but theres been work all around the area. Yes Toledo has been launched for some time now. Theres only two towers left with no LTE which are in Sylvania.

He posts a 3G speed test and its slow and for some reason he is disappointed.

then he posts a slow 4G test when there are only 2 possibilities. 1 the tower is overloaded 2 there is a problem with the equipment itself.

its not uncommon for 3G to be slow even after NV Upgrades and i have seen many examples of that on this website. as for LTE being slow thats a bit rarer but still examples exist that even after upgrades speeds will still be slow.

why even post about it on here? go to the sprint forums or call them to get it fixed. im tired of seeing slow speeds being posted when its only a 1 out of 1000 chance and doesn't represent the network as a whole.

If anything speeds being slow is good as it shows that sprint is starting to become popular again and many people are switching to it. this in turn gives sprint more money to keep upgrading. even though they pretty much have an unlimited budget thanks to that japanese guy (so i don't know his name sue me)

You pay attention a lot don't you I had to put that out there

keelerman or ryry4ya want to go 50/50?

keelerman already donated.  But it cannot be shared.  You can get the same map link that Codie will receive if you donate $50 too.  But I will let you and ryry4ya share if you both donate $25 since someone already did the $50 from your market.

keelerman already donated.  But it cannot be shared.  You can get the same map link that Codie will receive if you donate $50 too.  But I will let you and ryry4ya share if you both donate $25 since someone already did the $50 from your market.

I think I will just have to wait then. Thanks for the quick response.

OK...special deal for those of you in the Toledo market.  

For a $50 PayPal donation tonight, I will make you a custom schedule map for this market or any market.  Get some personalized info and help support S4GRU!  Make the $50 donation, and reference in the notes which market you would like to receive.  Or $100 and the two markets you want to receive.

I will do your map(s) before I go to bed tonight, so you will have them no later than the morning.  You will need a Gmail address, because I will share the maps to you via Google Docs.  The schedule maps include every upgrade planned for every site in the next 6 months.  CDMA 1900 & 800, as well as LTE 1900, 800 and 2600 (B25, B26 & B41).

All donations will count toward your Sponsor, Premier Sponsor and Honored Premier Sponsor status.

Is this information any different from a Sprint store employee's tower info screen?