Network Vision/LTE - Toledo Market (Toledo, Bowling Green, Findlay, Lima, Port Clition)

keelerman8042

I did alot of mapping with that tower. It was accepted almost a week ago but had just turned it on a few days ago...weird. anyway guess Syvania has 3 more towers to go. Heres to hoping for ya ryan..towers to North, South, East and West of ya. Just that little poor water tower that someone forgot to hook the backhaul too lol :)

• Like 1

speeds in lima for 3G have gotten faster again for some reason. i used to get about a 1Mbps download speeds at 2AM in lima and now all of a sudden its back up to 2.6Mbps down and 1Mbps up. something fishy is going on here.....

Sounds like new backhaul may be live on that site. If so, then when the LTE Integration techs can make it back to your area, they will fire it up. It may also be an additional T1 line temporarily if backhaul is still always out.

If it bogs back down and LTE doesn't arrive in the next few weeks, then it was a T1 line.

• Like 1

Robert will you fill me in please, 800 voice in the region of Toledo Ohio is free from public safety. LTE 800 is in the higher band frequency and therefore cannot be utilized because public safety is using that. Getting you opinion would assure me that I am correct in what I'm saying?

• Like 1

Robert will you fill me in please, 800 voice in the region of Toledo Ohio is free from public safety. LTE 800 is in the higher band frequency and therefore cannot be utilized because public safety is using that. Getting you opinion would assure me that I am correct in what I'm saying?

iirc

Nationally both 1x800 and LTE 800 downlinks are centered somewhere between 862-869 MHz. This would place both in the non public safety region of 800 MHz

edit:

"From the spectrum analyzer RF sweep, we can see that this site has achieved SMR 800 MHz deployment completion. On the left is the 1.25 MHz FDD CDMA1X 800 downlink carrier at band class 10 channel assignment 476, which equates to center frequency 862.9 MHz. On this site, CDMA1X 800 was deployed earlier this year just prior to the Nextel iDEN 800 shutdown. But LTE 800 did not follow -- until now.

On the right is the newborn 5 MHz FDD LTE 800 downlink carrier. Temporarily, connections to the LTE 800 carrier are not yet allowed, so an exact EARFCN cannot be determined. But frequency domain analysis suggests a downlink EARFCN 8763, which equates to center frequency 866.3 MHz and is smack dab in the middle of the EARFCN 8761-8765 range that I predicted in one of my engineering screen articles earlier this year."

source: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-358-sprint-scores-an-800-on-the-lte/

iirc

Nationally both 1x800 and LTE 800 downlinks are centered somewhere between 862-869 MHz. This would place both in the non public safety region of 800 MHz

Locally somebody is occupying something. So where do we find out when they are vacated off that frequency?

Locally somebody is occupying something. So where do we find out when they are vacated off that frequency?

I believe Nextel bought the spectrum rights in the last couple rounds of auctions back in the late 90s and early 2000s. They should have had it for 10 years now.

I was thinking trying thr FCC website...but thats like trying to find a needle in a hay stack for me. Of cource if anyone else knows please share. We have two rrus up on every site in our market besides any GMOs. So 1x800 shouldnt be the issuse. But is the IBEZ still in affect for us having the 800 RRU up and north they just have the 1900?

I believe Nextel bought the spectrum rights in the last couple rounds of auctions back in the late 90s and early 2000s. They should have had it for 10 years now.

ESMR auction history can be found at bottom of page here: http://wireless.fcc.gov/services/index.htm?job=about&id=smrs

I was thinking trying thr FCC website...but thats like trying to find a needle in a hay stack for me. Of cource if anyone else knows please share. We have two rrus up on every site in our market besides any GMOs. So 1x800 shouldnt be the issuse. But is the IBEZ still in affect for us having the 800 RRU up and north they just have the 1900?

Want to say IBEZ only restricts the power output even if no deal was made with Canada (ie can run at any time with limited output power). I thought that IBEZ agreement was made.

Thats where i dont get it. I know 1x800 should be good to go. Ceder Point has it and thats alot closer to Canada than we are. I know they can limit the power and such, but every site has the 800 RRU up and as we know you go stright up to Temperance or anywhere north just one RRU. If you look at the Premier section theres some schedule dates for LTE 800 and we have a few tho that was way back in March-April. So does that affect us or not....thats where i think ryan and i both are like...What?!?!? Guess the only way too see for know is keep and eye out and see if its here by years end..if not than we prob will be waiting till next year than.

Hey Lima peeps don't know if this good news or not but I had LTE from my house near Hanthorn RD for 5 mins and then had it again on the north side of like for like 10 mins then it went back to 3G.. It's coming!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hey Lima peeps don't know if this good news or not but I had LTE from my house near Hanthorn RD for 5 mins and then had it again on the north side of like for like 10 mins then it went back to 3G.. It's coming!!

if you had any LTE in lima especially the "north side" that is definitely good news as there is no way in HELL that you got LTE from that one site south of lima next to the highway.

Did you hit it with sensorly or do any speed tests?

EDIT: actually if its the road i am thinking of its next to 75 on the south side of lima and LTE has been live around there for months. and when i say south side of lima i mean out in the country and not actuall IN lima.

Edited by stuckinohio1
  • Like 1

LOL i just decided to look at the map again for lima and they cut the 4G out haha. if you look at the line its like someone literally went in and cut it out themselves rather than let a program do it. 

On another note they screwed it up again because you can actually get 4G LTE up 75 close to lima which is not actually shown lol.

I actually did from the south side and then at martin Luther King park where I get it off and on the most from the tower on east 4th at it was only 2 bars everytime I run sensorly it goes back to 3G but the download speed was a 2 mb it wasn't decent but it was faster than my 3G

All the LTE added to coverage maps in the past 45 days was mistakenly removed. Not limited to just Lima.

Using Tapatalk on BlackBerry Z30

• Like 1

oh yes. i see its fixed now. but then the problem arises where it shows tons of LTE where there actually isnt LOL

Sprint maps never have shown acctual coverage (overkill) unfortunately. Best way to see true coverage is threw Sensorly, tho user based its more accurate than that map.

It could very well be LTE may be coming soon too to the area. Tho i dont want to get you guys all excited, but that happen in my area as well 

Sprint maps never have shown acctual coverage (overkill) unfortunately. Best way to see true coverage is threw Sensorly, tho user based its more accurate than that map.

It could very well be LTE may be coming soon too to the area. Tho i dont want to get you guys all excited, but that happen in my area as well 

This i know. i really like sensorly and have even contributed to an area that was covered in LTE but no one added for months. i use it religiously. But like i stated many many posts back. people who do not know that sprint over estimates its coverage and have never used sensorly may be a bit miffed that it show they "should" have LTE but really dont. 

• Like 1

So i find this interesting...my tower on Sylvania ave in Sylvania has been down the last day or so and ive been connecting to diffrent towers obvs from my tower being down. I was just informed by ryan that they have 2500 panels up and all that...do they need to shut the power down to connect anything? Or anything in that nature? Im just wondering if anyone has noticed anything like this in Toledo with towers that have the 2500 equit up. Ill have to keep an eye out i hope this is good news :)...maybe

• Like 1

So i find this interesting...my tower on Sylvania ave in Sylvania has been down the last day or so and ive been connecting to diffrent towers obvs from my tower being down. I was just informed by ryan that they have 2500 panels up and all that...do they need to shut the power down to connect anything? Or anything in that nature? Im just wondering if anyone has noticed anything like this in Toledo with towers that have the 2500 equit up. Ill have to keep an eye out i hope this is good news :)...maybe

When the 2.5 equipment is installed they have to shut down the equipment and power as they'll be working with electrical wiring and cabinet stuff.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

When the 2.5 equipment is installed they have to shut down the equipment and power as they'll be working with electrical wiring and cabinet stuff.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I thought so, thank you

I'm glad to hear things are progressing even further for you guys in Toledo\Sylvania area keelerman8042 its always great to hear about the next big step!