Network Vision/LTE - Toledo Market (Toledo, Bowling Green, Findlay, Lima, Port Clition)

keelerman8042

For the past 4 days there have been people working on the tower. Two of the four they was working top to bottom and the other 2 they was working just at the bottom. Still hoping for something to happen in the next few days or into early march!

• Like 2

For the past 4 days there have been people working on the tower. Two of the four they was working top to bottom and the other 2 they was working just at the bottom. Still hoping for something to happen in the next few days or into early march!

agreed! Honestly if they got the towers done in Metamora and Lyons area even Swanton that would be great for me..atleast I can sit at Wendy's or at friends and enjoy it

agreed! Honestly if they got the towers done in Metamora and Lyons area even Swanton that would be great for me..atleast I can sit at Wendy's or at friends and enjoy it

Anywhere in toledo would since my job involves nothing but driving around toledo all day I stream music through my bluetooth and gets a little annoying when the song stops for like 2 minutes for it to load lol

Anywhere in toledo would since my job involves nothing but driving around toledo all day I stream music through my bluetooth and gets a little annoying when the song stops for like 2 minutes for it to load lol

Well of cource lol but Buckeye cable internet at home is about my only sanity I have till it does come in Toledo. I'm not trying to fill peoples head with crap cus I've in the same boat as everyone else, but Ryan and I have been all around and to us it just seems like they could have these towers all complete by end of March going into April..but that's not with mother nature's wrath and our one or two crews working in Toledo. Trying to stay positive

Well of cource lol but Buckeye cable internet at home is about my only sanity I have till it does come in Toledo. I'm not trying to fill peoples head with crap cus I've in the same boat as everyone else, but Ryan and I have been all around and to us it just seems like they could have these towers all complete by end of March going into April..but that's not with mother nature's wrath and our one or two crews working in Toledo. Trying to stay positive

I love buckeye internet I actually work for them now lol, but That makes me very very happy to hear that soon I will see that lte.

• Like 1

I love buckeye internet I actually work for them now lol, but That makes me very very happy to hear that soon I will see that lte.

if you work for Buckeye, find out if they got contracts for any of the sprint sites to supply backhaul. Take your time in ask the appropriate people

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

They do supply backhaul for sprint not sure in exact sites

Thanks for finding this out for us much appreciated

Sounds like AT&T and Buckeye cable around Toledo and I think it's prob Century Link out toward the west for the most part I know that was the main internet provider when I lived In out west. Could be a few more but that's looking like the main ones.

Edited by keelerman8042
  • Like 1

Thanks for finding this out for us much appreciated

Sounds like AT&T and Buckeye cable around Toledo and I think it's prob Century Link out toward the west for the most part I know that was the main internet provider when I lived In out west. Could be a few more but that's looking like the main ones.

No problem.

I'm mapping my drive around here so should light up.

Cool, yeah that was a shock for me I was watching TV and I was on my WiFi, but I happen to look at signal check and it said LTE...I don't think Ive jumped that quick or moved in my life lol..
  • Like 2

Cool, yeah that was a shock for me I was watching TV and I was on my WiFi, but I happen to look at signal check and it said LTE...I don't think Ive jumped that quick or moved in my life lol..

I understand every time I hear that ring tone I have set I screen shot signal check then run a Speedtest lol

• Like 1

Quick question...does our device prioritize an Lte connection over evdo? I have noticed after working in sylvania all day today that my phone would choose to connect to a Tower with Lte that had little to no signal strength over a full barred Evdo tower. I noticed that once I was just out of range for the Lte tower I switched to a full strength Evdo tower almost everytime. Which I noticed also affected call quality.

Quick question...does our device prioritize an Lte connection over evdo? I have noticed after working in sylvania all day today that my phone would choose to connect to a Tower with Lte that had little to no signal strength over a full barred Evdo tower. I noticed that once I was just out of range for the Lte tower I switched to a full strength Evdo tower almost everytime. Which I noticed also affected call quality.

I really think it depends on your device. I know with my HTC one I have to be close to the tower sometimes for it to connect to LTE. Also sometimes you may still get 1x signal from one tower and LTE from another all depends. If you notice to your 1x is somtimes better than your LTE due most likely cus LTE has more of fragile signal than EVDO. Idk if this is any help I could be way off on it, trying to remember.
  • Like 1

I really think it depends on your device. I know with my HTC one I have to be close to the tower sometimes for it to connect to LTE. Also sometimes you may still get 1x signal from one tower and LTE from another all depends. If you notice to your 1x is somtimes better than your LTE due most likely cus LTE has more of fragile signal than EVDO. Idk if this is any help I could be way off on it, trying to remember.

Thanks, yea any answer is good, just seems like my s4 is have a very hard time trying to figure out what to connect to, I have signal check set to notify me via sound when I connect to Lte and drop to 3g and it just goes nuts.

The site is at Sylvania & King. The output is mostly pointed west so, if you were heading east, the strength on that side of the site is weaker than if you were headed west, toward Centennial, where the signal also extends further.  I'm sure this is because the neighboring sites to the east are much closer than sites to the west.  This could be the reason it seemed to favor weaker lte signals over stronger cdma.

• Like 1

The site is at Sylvania & King. The output is mostly pointed west so, if you were heading east, the strength on that side of the site is weaker than if you were headed west, toward Centennial, where the signal also extends further. I'm sure this is because the neighboring sites to the east are much closer than sites to the west. This could be the reason it seemed to favor weaker lte signals over stronger cdma.

That could be a good reason. Just want my phone to work again, having way to many problems even when connected to a full strength Lte tower

Sent from an S4!

This very true cus there's one up the street on the blue water tower, one over by 475 and one right by central and McCord. Than to the west it's the tower in Metamora on C.R. S and 3-1. You don't want towers overlapping eachother with signal or it will cause a big mess, hence the weaker signal to the east and direcited toward the west...it was late I was trying to remember all this lol..thanks for explaing this tho :tu:

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Could it be so that I found a permit for 2500 LTE?? There's a few more at other locations as well. Don't want to give to much more detail due to this being an open fourm.

Ohio.Gov

Ohio Department of Commerce

Commerce Division of Industrial Compliance : Electronic Plan Submission System

PROJECT STATUS

The Certificate of Plan Approval number is issued by the Division of Industrial Compliance when the application is received and fees are paid.

Information found on this site is believed to be accurate but is not guaranteed at the time of its posting. The information was converted into a new application and therefore any data prior to 1999 will not be accessible via this web page. Any questions concerning data should be directed to the The Ohio Department of Commerce, Division of Industrial Compliance, Bureau of Building Code Compliance at 800-523-3581. The Ohio Department of Commerce disclaims liability for any errors or omissions.

Please enter Certificate of Plan Approval (CPA) number:

CPA Number: 2014020122 Project Name: IPCS-CH03HO032-A 2.5 EQUIPMENT DEVELOPMENT

County: DEFIANCE Project Address: 1700 STATE SERVICE RD

DEFIANCE, OH

Received Date: 01/29/2014 Full / Partial Approval Date: 01/31/2014

Project Status: Partially Issued Certificate of Occupancy Date: N/A

Project Desc: INSTALL THREE (3) PANEL ANTENNAS, INSTALL THREE (3) RRU'S TO THE TOWER, INSTALL 27 JUMPERS, INSTALL ONE (1) HYBRID CABLE

CONTACT INFORMATION

Type Name OrganizationName Address City State Zip Phone

Owner JODI FERTSCH SBA COMMUNICATIONS 122 KERR RD NEW KENSINGTON PA 15068 4129997625

Architect DARRIN KOTECKI GPD GROUP 520 S MAIN ST STE 2531 AKRON OH 44311 3305722100

2014020122 1/29/2014 $0.00

IPCS-CH03HO032-A 2.5 EQUIPMENT DEVELOPMENT

1700 STATE SERVICE RD

DEFIANCE, OH

43512 General Building Trade Alteration /

INSTALL THREE (3) PANEL ANTENN

• Like 1