Network Vision/LTE - Toledo Market (Toledo, Bowling Green, Findlay, Lima, Port Clition)

keelerman8042

• 2 weeks later...

Saw a truck and a trailer at the local sprint site. Didn't see any logo on the truck, and they had the gate open but didn't see anyone till I got closer. It looked like the guy was asleep in his truck. Hopefully something good comes out of it in the next couple of days! Going to keep an eye out!

I just had to go drive around central/douglas and monroe/douglas when I saw a green tower there in the "NV Sites complete Map" thread.  I did not connect to 800 :(

Didn't see this until today.

I am going to try and force my phone to connect to it later. Whenever I am around there I get strong LTE so I am never on 3G to check it.

• 1 month later...

So is the tower near Sylvania/Corey ever going to get LTE? It seems to have been forgotten.

I think alot of sites besides GMOs should have backhaul by now. I know Ryan's probably right I go by there alot keeping an eye out but nothing new. Sites out to west had permits pulled back from Dec-Feb for micro backhaul so idk what's the deal maybe our manger for our market got fired ha...well think about this from now-to 8-12 months we should have 800 on voice and LTE ::fingers crossed::
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

FYI there's a new tower going up in Sylvania at N Holland Sylvania and Brint near Village Inn Restaurant. No idea whether or not it will be for Sprint. I don't have any pictures and unfortunately the next time I go by there it'll be dark.

• Like 1

FYI there's a new tower going up in Sylvania at N Holland Sylvania and Brint near Village Inn Restaurant. No idea whether or not it will be for Sprint. I don't have any pictures and unfortunately the next time I go by there it'll be dark.

Ryan seen it too . Not sure if it will be for Sprint or not. Nice place to put it tho if it is for Sprint. 99a54c196f6e733febdba81e52625a1b.jpg
  • Like 1

Ryan seen it too . Not sure if it will be for Sprint or not. Nice place to put it tho if it is for Sprint.

I hope it is a Sprint tower (I work down the road from there and I am lucky to even get a passable 3g signal).  If they did that and could get Franklin Park area up to par then I would be a happy camper. 800 can't get here soon enough.

• 2 weeks later...

I had to ask in the Sprint forum:

https://community.sprint.com/baw/message/987963#!/

Debating now Google Fi...sent the invite request anyway

They don't there head from there arse unfortunately. sorry lol. LTE won't be till prob end of this year or early 2016. Our market is on a stand still from what I'm observing. One LTE acceptance in like 2 months or more and yet there's permits pulled for micro on slot of these sites since end of last year and close after. Unless we get a super duper update :( I feel YA as many others do. We need 800 No ifs and buts about it for sure

• Like 1

Did we not at one time have a test signal of 800 voice over a year ago? The site on the west half of Alexis.

Yeah. Idk why they even had it on in the first place unless they were able to use that tower when they were upgrading the equipment to try help cover the area til they got things turned on, but who knows. This was last week out in Van Wert . I was getting -95 to -100 from that point. Sure will be nice when it comes.bd4422886fb2d3cb281624bd1b1fc811.jpg7f03277c564ec22e8edae9a636ce386f.jpg
  • Like 1

Yeah. Idk why they even had it on in the first place unless they were able to use that tower when they were upgrading the equipment to try help cover the area til they got things turned on, but who knows. This was last week out in Van Wert . I was getting -95 to -100 from that point. Sure will be nice when it comes.7f03277c564ec22e8edae9a636ce386f.jpg

LOL how did you like driving through ottoville? its a black hole for sprint. (i work there) i know there is fiber in that darn town i just wish sprint would put up a new tower (right in the middle preferably)

• 3 months later...

Sprint files with FCC to pick up PCS F block from Hanson Communications covering Allen, Augalize, and Hardin OH counties. This will give them non-contiguous 50 MHz total PCS B F H blocks

http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/ApplicationSearch/applMain.jsp?applID=9195174

why would they even do this? they dont have B41 even launched and there are still many towers without LTE lit in these 3 counties so it seems like a big waste of money.

Because it will allow them to have 10MHz wide B25 LTE channels instead of 5MHz. A doubling of speeds/capacity on existing and future B25 sites. They would be stupid not to pick it up.

Using Nexus 6 on Tapatalk

• Like 2

why would they even do this? they dont have B41 even launched and there are still many towers without LTE lit in these 3 counties so it seems like a big waste of money.

I'm sure they are working on getting 41 down there. I know that Toledo is much bigger market, but they are already have 2 band 41 carriers all around Toledo. I agree with Rob if they can get I'd take it especially were band 41don't reach and 25 is there with double the capacity and speed much better ::tu::

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

I'm sure they are working on getting 41 down there. I know that Toledo is much bigger market, but they are already have 2 band 41 carriers all around Toledo. I agree with Rob if they can get I'd take it especially were band 41don't reach and 25 is there with double the capacity and speed much better ::tu::

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

I wonder why we don't have an official B41 launch yet. That'd be good for marketing. Most places I go now around Toledo (at least outdoors) I get band 41, and when I do, it's fast. Near UT I got around 60mbps the other day. Now I just wish we had B26 so I wouldn't drop to 3G so frequently indoors... And that tower near Corey and Sylvania NEEDS LTE. Overall I think Toledo has seen some big improvements in the past couple months.