Network Vision/LTE - Toledo Market (Toledo, Bowling Green, Findlay, Lima, Port Clition)

keelerman8042

There is tower to the West of Owens on lime city road, that's prob why it was hit and miss..if I rember right when I went to Owens I was connectioning to that tower. There is also anotherone over on andrus road between Tracy and Broadway. with towers like that the cell spacing is going to be shorter so your not going to have it has far as some would think, but once the rest of them are done than it should be better. Just an fyi for you and anyone else. :tu:

I was thinking I was somehow hitting the tower that is close to the truck stops off of 280,but obviously I jumped the gun on that one.  My wife works off of 795 and it would be nice for her to be able to go out during her break and get some decent speeds.

There is a tower on Lemoyne Rd. near I-280 that has officially been launched with 4G LTE.  Also add Fostoria, Tiffin,and some place named Latty, OH to the list of places with LTE, officially.

Edited by logonalias
  • Like 1

If there is anyone in the Maumee area that could check out a tower and take pics to see if there is any progress it's on conut street right behind Roun Toyota, also Point Place area corner of metzinger and Benore road, Thanks

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

I work over by there I could check it out tomorrow, what exactly do you need a picture of? I take it toward the middle to top of the tower where all the equipment should be? Sorry I am new to the forum, but have sort of been keeping an eye on this topic.

I work over by there I could check it out tomorrow, what exactly do you need a picture of? I take it toward the middle to top of the tower where all the equipment should be? Sorry I am new to the forum, but have sort of been keeping an eye on this topic.

Which one? We checked the one by Point Place. The other one still need to be , try to get pics of where antennas are and if possible any ground equit like cabinets and such. Should be examples of what I mean on this thread.

Also welcome to S4GRU :welc:

Which one? We checked the one by Point Place. The other one still need to be , try to get pics of where antennas are and if possible any ground equit like cabinets and such. Should be examples of what I mean on this thread.

I work on Conant, if this level 3 gets lifted I will head out that way and get pictures for you guys. Also, thank you for the welcoming.

• Like 2

I work on Conant, if this level 3 gets lifted I will head out that way and get pictures for you guys. Also, thank you for the welcoming.

See "level 3" and my mind thought fiber at first then realized you mean for the weather.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, I wanted to let everyone know and any future members here in this thread or on S4GRU that if you become a sponsor here there is a wealth of information with just a donation to S4GRU. With a donation you have access to more than regular members do. If you donate 100 or more you get even more than both. This all helps keep S4GRU running and giving us this great information. Here is a link about the different sponsorships:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/

Also I have made a map in the sponsor section that I and other members track the progress in the Toledo market from other members reporting information.. Its a great way to talk about whats going on and track the progress!!

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/3365-toledo-area-in-progress/

Thanks! :tu:

• Like 1

Hey peeps, Just talked to a nice lady *611 (sprint) she told me that theyve been working on towers in my area (lima Ohio) since november of last year and it takes 2 months add an extra 30 days for 4g lte to be completed she gave me a date and Lima Ohio will see 4g lte of the end of the month..

Hey peeps, Just talked to a nice lady *611 (sprint) she told me that theyve been working on towers in my area (lima Ohio) since november of last year and it takes 2 months add an extra 30 days for 4g lte to be completed she gave me a date and Lima Ohio will see 4g lte of the end of the month..

Tho I'm hardpressed to believe what any Rep or CS person says I wouldn't rule it out of cource, but it's hard with no reports of tower work or I could never find any permits unless they classified it under something diffrent. Just don't want you to get hopes up if it's not by when they say

Was heading out to work and there was a crew working on the tower. Looks like they was adding new cables to the tower they had someone at the top pulling it up the tower! Seems like there has been people in and out of the inside of the fence all week. I figured they wanted to get a start on getting it ready. Not sure if backhaul is already in place and set. But still keeping an eye out!

• Like 3

Saw this today on my way to work! They must have added yesterday! Guessing they can get backhaul to the tower yet?

It could be a temp til they do or it may be a micro site officially. I know In Whitehouse it has microwave for backhaul on there water tower
  • Like 1

However they keep it I'm glad to see more progress to the tower around the area! They finally got rid of the old base stations yesterday. And they had some more people working today in the tower top and bottom. It looked like they had a guy up by the microwave dish. With them using microwave will it have the same kind of speeds you see with towers that have fiber to them? I thought this question was brought up some where else but I haven't found it.

However they keep it I'm glad to see more progress to the tower around the area! They finally got rid of the old base stations yesterday. And they had some more people working today in the tower top and bottom. It looked like they had a guy up by the microwave dish. With them using microwave will it have the same kind of speeds you see with towers that have fiber to them? I thought this question was brought up some where else but I haven't found it.

Ive heard that micro is not as good as good old fiber, not sure exactly why but I assume is somthing to do with interface maybe or somthing. I told Ryan I would myself like to have fiber, but if micro is the quicker faster way to get us LTE than let them. Being out in the BFE like I used to I don't think you'll really tell much diffrence tho having less people on the towers and such. I wish I knew a little more about this cus we have these little microwaves on our towers and they are new and Idk if they need to have one for receiving and out or just one. Keep an eye out like you have tho it's appreciated.

Edited by keelerman8042

Ive heard that micro is not as good as good old fiber, not sure exactly why but I assume is somthing to do with interface maybe or somthing. I told Ryan I would myself like to have fiber, but if micro is the quicker faster way to get us LTE than let them. Being out in the BFE like I used to I don't think you'll really tell much diffrence tho having less people on the towers and such. I wish I knew a little more about this cus we have these little microwaves on our towers and they are new and Idk if they need to have one for receiving and out or just one. Keep an eye out like you have tho it's appreciated.

The they in the same direction or different? In general I would guess that it is two way data. One site could be supplying two others a data connection. Also it could be for a public service.

The they in the same direction or different? In general I would guess that it is two way data. One site could be supplying two others a data connection. Also it could be for a public service.

They seem to point toward another tower example like the tower on Sylvania ave in Sylvania it points to a tower on Bancroft just a few miles south than that one points toward that. Kinda like a daisy chain. I'm just trying to see if it's backhaul or not..if theres two I'd think they would do it all in one trip. Our luck the last thing you said is more of the likely hood.

Didn't think of this maybe with some of them being micro and fiber maybe it has somthing to do with that...just me thinking to much ha

Did you ever get these pictures?  I can drive through there on my way home from work if you need them.

Did you ever get these pictures? I can drive through there on my way home from work if you need them.

No, Ryan check the site tho it had cabinets there in point place so if you want too see if they have the panels up yet. It was Benore and metzinger rd. Thanks

Also the other site in maumee had the cabinets in, but no antennas as well

Well we have atleast two city's launched in our market now by Sprint..Findlay and Tiffin ( we will say Fostoria here too)..hopefully these contractors get these towers finshed in Toledo in the next month,oh and our Lima Friends down south as well. Just wanted to let everyone know.